Groups

Quidco

So the fantastic offer from Curry's / Quidco over Christmas of £75 cashback on tv's has come back as DECLINED.

They have listed various possible reasons but no specific reason it was declined.
    I'm pretty dam sure I met all the specifics and t&c's and feel ripped off.

I've contacted Quidco and apparently there is nothing they can do.
    Any advice on this would be appreciated, thanks.

22 Comments

cashback isn't guaranteed, never purchase an item where a cashback offer is the main reason for going with a certain retailer.

I've had a number of declined cashbacks and in all honesty it's hard to trust quidco. Overall I get more than are declined and I just don't bank on the cash back. They seem to be able to correlate my visit and I always supply the order number. What's to say that they don't pocket the cash back and just tell us that it's declined.

Original Poster

I understand this but it seems like a con to decline a perfectly good claim.
    What does actually stop them pocketing a portion of the monies they receive and telling the customer it was sadly declined.

Edited by: "mb021" 11th Feb

i done exact same deal,, was ment to get £97 back and got declined,, not much you can do,, someones probably pocketed the money.

I had similar claim denied by quidco and currys and when i raised the issue they said it was too late to raise the issue. Topcashback is better I feel.

Original Poster

I'm starting to wonder out of all the people who took up the offer... did anyone get accepted ???
    I'd like to hear from any successful claimants.

Always close all your tabs and then clear your cookies before opening quidco. This stops third paty affiliates from pocketing your payout. I have been stung in this way using this site and just clicking the link on here. It was an energy switch and upon contacting our new energy supplier about the switch cashback they told me it had been paid to a company called webgains! I am told there is a connection between an owner of this site and quidco......you do the maths.

Are cash back sites regulated?

I took advantage of this was meant to get £100 cashback. It got declined no reason given even tho it all went through the sale as should be.
    Unfair

Banned

abydx

Are cash back sites regulated?

Of course they're not.
    There was one a while back recommending expensive gas and electric bills to old people.
    Money money money that's all that matters.
    Page clicks, referrals and kick backs.

The only successful claims I've had when initially declined was with topcashback, hence with their cash back matcher I generally go with them.

Also remember to clear cookies , as going to the retailers site through another site previously (like clicking through to a deal on here) will mean that HUKD will in all probability get your cashback /

Yeah, topcashback much More reliable & faster paying! Not a fan of quidco either.

fee21

Yeah, topcashback much More reliable & faster paying! Not a fan of quidco … Yeah, topcashback much More reliable & faster paying! Not a fan of quidco either.

I've not tried topcashback but will give it a go. Quidco has been questionable to say the least

I have not used quidco for years. But tried again on a £5 credit on an Argos Purchase..
    Never showed and had to get them to manually add it as pending.. Think that's is as far as it's gone. Meanwhile a £5 credit for ebay purchase was sorted very quickly through Topcashback.

Think the time is up for quidco

IN the past couple weeks, everything from quidco has been declined. ranging from weight watchers, to richer sounds, to hungryhouse. All declined. Just use topcashback, never had an issue with them.

The only claims that have failed with me are on Quidco - none on TCB.

fee21

Yeah, topcashback much More reliable & faster paying! Not a fan of quidco … Yeah, topcashback much More reliable & faster paying! Not a fan of quidco either.

For me, TCB wrongly declined every transaction (tracked valid purchases on a clean browser) paying over £10 in 2016. They are not reliable in the slightest, and the glaring pattern in declined transactions means I won't use the site anymore if the expected cashback is over £10.

Edited by: "Ferris" 12th Feb

ive been having this issue with tcb now never had any issues until middle to late of last year

As well as clearing cookies use a different browser just for cashback purposes

Original Poster

I purchased the TV using a brand new tablet with no pre saved cookies or cache data.
    Completely fully on line and met all the criteria.
    There was nothing more I could do that ensured I was in the best position to receive the cashback.

Is it possible to contact curry's to see who actually pocketed the money ?

mb021

I purchased the TV using a brand new tablet with no pre saved cookies or … I purchased the TV using a brand new tablet with no pre saved cookies or cache data. Completely fully on line and met all the criteria. There was nothing more I could do that ensured I was in the best position to receive the cashback.Is it possible to contact curry's to see who actually pocketed the money ?

I would definitely give it a try. Like I said earlier I contacted our new energy provider and they told me.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.410
      2. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7261377
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2646
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767428

See more discussions