Quidco account termination

Posted 23rd Jan
Hello, 3 days ago I got my account blocked for no reason. After contacting their customer service I received an email stating that '' The account was closed because we found you linked to 6 accounts '' whatever that means. I replied and asked for any evidence for any of this accounts . Seems like the problem is that I withdrawn £100 from my account and they just don't want to pay it.
Have you ever had a similar problem
Community Updates
Misc
28 Comments
No.
Yes! If they owe you £100 im sure they are part of the financial ombudsman thingy, make a report with them see what they say?
I have heard lots of stories regarding quidco and tcb. I think they don't want to pay out large amounts.. check their t&cs they can basically do what they want without having to give a reason why. I personally don't use cash back sites but going off what I've heard any money you have been able to get from them just be grateful for that
Never had any problems myself - made almost £1000 from them.
There's a post here which someone is going through the same issue
Alexandralocks23/01/2020 18:11

I have heard lots of stories regarding quidco and tcb. I think they don't …I have heard lots of stories regarding quidco and tcb. I think they don't want to pay out large amounts.. check their t&cs they can basically do what they want without having to give a reason why. I personally don't use cash back sites but going off what I've heard any money you have been able to get from them just be grateful for that

I have never read that in any review.
Willy_Wonka23/01/2020 19:13

I have never read that in any review.

Fair enough, Have you read the T&Cs??
Alexandralocks23/01/2020 19:14

Fair enough, Have you read the T&Cs??

Had a glance but I am pretty much the same as everyone else. No one reads the terms until there is a problem.

Can you link into the posts that say peoples accounts were closed when they withdrew large sums of money?
Edited by: "Willy_Wonka" 23rd Jan
It takes me ages to build up any decent amount but I just withdrew £90 from Quidco and £170 from TCB last week, no problem
Willy_Wonka23/01/2020 19:23

Had a glance but I am pretty much the same as everyone else. No one reads …Had a glance but I am pretty much the same as everyone else. No one reads the terms until there is a problem. Can you link into the posts that say peoples accounts were closed when they withdrew large sums of money?

I've read so many reviews I honestly couldn't remember where I saw it.

Somewhere in the t&cs it says about their right to refuse cashback and/or close account without notice.

Also it was me reading the T&Cs that put me off joining.. If I hadn't read them I would probably be in the same boat I imagine..
Edited by: "Alexandralocks" 23rd Jan
I suppose the question here is do you have multiple accounts? If so the closure is totally within their rights. If not I'd take it further if possible.
I referred a friend to Quidco and his account was closed one day without warning or notification, and all earnings forfeited. They accused him of something, and refused to enter into any discussions. He still gets the emails when the cashback he'd been building up becomes payable, so they're enjoying the cash he earned. Shocking really.
markmc99923/01/2020 22:11

I suppose the question here is do you have multiple accounts? If so the …I suppose the question here is do you have multiple accounts? If so the closure is totally within their rights. If not I'd take it further if possible.

The problem is there is no "further". They are the law. You could be waiting for £1000 in cashback to become payable, and they can close your account without warning or justification.
Ferris23/01/2020 22:21

The problem is there is no "further". They are the law. You could be …The problem is there is no "further". They are the law. You could be waiting for £1000 in cashback to become payable, and they can close your account without warning or justification.

Thats not correct though as there is a "further". You can complain, as has been said, to the Financial Ombudsman.

So they cannot just do what they want, or maybe they do and hope nobody complains, but anything they do they'd need to justify if you did take it further.

support.quidco.com/art…icy
Edited by: "markmc999" 23rd Jan
markmc99923/01/2020 22:27

Thats not correct though as there is a "further". You can complain, as has …Thats not correct though as there is a "further". You can complain, as has been said, to the Financial Ombudsman. So they cannot just do what they want, or maybe they do and hope nobody complains, but anything they do they'd need to justify if you did take it further.https://support.quidco.com/article/complaints-policy

I'll pass that onto my mate He was trying to understand and be civil, and they just abruptly shut down any discussion of reopening his account. I was infuriated just reading the emails they sent him.

I have heard lots of stories regarding quidco and tcb. I think they don't …I have heard lots of stories regarding quidco and tcb. I think they don't want to pay out large amounts.. check their t&cs they can basically do what they want without having to give a reason why. I personally don't use cash back sites but going off what I've heard any money you have been able to get from them just be grateful for that

Half the deals on this site wouldn't be deals if cashback wasn't involved from the big two TCB and Quidco
markmc99923/01/2020 22:11

I suppose the question here is do you have multiple accounts? If so the …I suppose the question here is do you have multiple accounts? If so the closure is totally within their rights. If not I'd take it further if possible.

I have only 1 other account that I never used. But 6 is just a bold statement . This £100 i build in just 4 transactions with their 10% cash back offer on ebay and combined it with 20% off from ebay. But it was properly traced and confirmed. And after a withdraw attempt- I got this surprise. I had a few withdrawals before around £30 with no problem.
markmc99923/01/2020 22:27

Thats not correct though as there is a "further". You can complain, as has …Thats not correct though as there is a "further". You can complain, as has been said, to the Financial Ombudsman. So they cannot just do what they want, or maybe they do and hope nobody complains, but anything they do they'd need to justify if you did take it further.https://support.quidco.com/article/complaints-policy

Complain with just words, no screenshots, nothing. I don’t keep emails from them. They can always say-we don’t know this person
"my mate"

and won't say if there are other accounts
Edited by: "adamspencer95" 24th Jan

BS! Probably the op is not telling whole story. Claimed thousands on quidco and over a grand on TCB not problems at all.
beljata24/01/2020 02:42

I have only 1 other account that I never used. But 6 is just a bold …I have only 1 other account that I never used. But 6 is just a bold statement . This £100 i build in just 4 transactions with their 10% cash back offer on ebay and combined it with 20% off from ebay. But it was properly traced and confirmed. And after a withdraw attempt- I got this surprise. I had a few withdrawals before around £30 with no problem.

To be honest, if you do have another account then you're already in breach of the terms you agreed to, so not a lot you can do if they've shut you down.
beljata24/01/2020 02:42

I have only 1 other account that I never used.

So with that one statement they have legitimately closed your account for a breach of the T&Cs. Regardless or not if the numbers they say are right or not. The T&C's are very clear that its one account per person.

You wont have a case, at all, if you even attempt going to Ombudsman etc.
This is definitely not the case. Just checked the other account and it’s still active 😁
beljata24/01/2020 19:18

This is definitely not the case. Just checked the other account and it’s s …This is definitely not the case. Just checked the other account and it’s still active 😁

But you have, or rather had, two accounts. Therefore it is in breach of their terms.
markmc99925/01/2020 10:58

But you have, or rather had, two accounts. Therefore it is in breach of …But you have, or rather had, two accounts. Therefore it is in breach of their terms.

Rubbish, I have never used it.
beljata25/01/2020 11:49

Rubbish, I have never used it.

The T&C's do not stipulate that though. They just say multiple accounts per person. Of which you, by your own admission, have.
markmc99925/01/2020 11:56

The T&C's do not stipulate that though. They just say multiple accounts …The T&C's do not stipulate that though. They just say multiple accounts per person. Of which you, by your own admission, have.

I had a Quidco account years ago on an old ntlworld email address. Hardly ever used it but it was linked to my Paypal. A couple of years after I left Virgin I wanted to start using Quidco again. I couldn't remember my old login and had no access to ntlworld so I created a new account on a newer Gmail address. I did (eventually) persuade Quidco to close down the old account and re-linked the new one to Paypal. Your argument seems to be I should have been banned for this. Seems a bit harsh. Letter of the law versus spirit of the law (i.e. abuse).

Note that the OP was accused of having 6 accounts, which is clearly false.
Just to update. After 2-3 angry emails I received reply that their investigation showed NO other accounts linked to my account and they released my account. No apologies.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants