Groups

Quidco and comparison sites

I've used comparison sites to generate car insurance quotes, and the cheapest one is Hastings Direct, i have then gone directly to the website and put in details to get a quote directly from them, which shows me the same price. I have just seen that they offer £55 via Quidco, so if i go via Quidco now to generate a new quote will it still track? If not is there a way round it so it does.

My insurance has risen by nearly £100 this year, so the £55 would help a great deal.

Thanks in advance

4 Comments

You'll either need to delete all cookies relating to the Hastings Direct site or use a different browser before you go into Quidco for your final purchase. Once you do either of these, you should be fine and it will track without a problem.

Original Poster

4leafed

You'll either need to delete all cookies relating to the Hastings Direct … You'll either need to delete all cookies relating to the Hastings Direct site or use a different browser before you go into Quidco for your final purchase. Once you do either of these, you should be fine and it will track without a problem.

Thanks 4leafed, I'll try a different browswer

4leafed

You'll either need to delete all cookies relating to the Hastings Direct … You'll either need to delete all cookies relating to the Hastings Direct site or use a different browser before you go into Quidco for your final purchase. Once you do either of these, you should be fine and it will track without a problem.

Not neccessarily. To be safe, you should make sure your quote is a dummy quote with a different name, similar but not same D.O.B + address (try using the neighbours) and most importantly, make sure you manually select your car (e.g. don't use the car reg lookup).

If you want to be 100% sure, use an entirely different computer + internet connection incase the affiliate network know your MAC address or IP address.

flyingflea

Not neccessarily. To be safe, you should make sure your quote is a dummy … Not neccessarily. To be safe, you should make sure your quote is a dummy quote with a different name, similar but not same D.O.B + address (try using the neighbours) and most importantly, make sure you manually select your car (e.g. don't use the car reg lookup).If you want to be 100% sure, use an entirely different computer + internet connection incase the affiliate network know your MAC address or IP address.

yep i agree
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2226
      2. ** Motorola Moto X Force | Owners Club **32204
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …84142
      4. Follow the Three Word Game!!!44624043

See more discussions