Quidco - annual charge now £7.50? Time to close accounts and move to Topcashback!

Found 3rd Jan 2013
"Payment amount £11.63

We've held back £7.50 from this payment as the Quidco retention fee."

What????? £7.50?!!

I thought £5 was bad enough, given that TCB charges nothing (and pays more than Quidco) - but £7.50 is just taking the ****. Particularly as they don't do any more for their £7.50 as TCB do (for nothing).

24 Comments

Go to topcashback then

Banned

bye bye Quidco

I have found exclusive rates to be better on quidco than on TCB, though to warrant £7.50 a year?
Well that depends on how much you make through the site.

General (non promotional) rates are slightly higher on TCB though.

Looks like Paul is getting a little greedy!

Mikey91

Looks like Paul is getting a little greedy!

Gotta pay for the terrible adverts somehow.

As tcb match cashback offers I am not sure why anyone would use Quidco now if it is now £7.50.

'If you can find a better rate of cashback for your purchase from another online cashback provider, then we will match the rate if you choose to use TopCashback for the transaction.'

Not sure how reliable the claims for matching turn out to be though.

I wonder how long it will be before tcb start charging?
Edited by: "greg_68" 3rd Jan 2013

theworkingdead

I have found exclusive rates to be better on quidco than on TCB, though … I have found exclusive rates to be better on quidco than on TCB, though to warrant £7.50 a year?Well that depends on how much you make through the site.General (non promotional) rates are slightly higher on TCB though.

TCB have always honoured their highest cashback guarantee for me so no benefit to using Quidco

greg_68

As tcb match cashback offers I am not sure why anyone would use Quidco … As tcb match cashback offers I am not sure why anyone would use Quidco now if it is now £7.50.'If you can find a better rate of cashback for your purchase from another online cashback provider, then we will match the rate if you choose to use TopCashback for the transaction.'Not sure how reliable the claims for matching turn out to be though.I wonder how long it will be before tcb start charging?

If they do, another site will pop up. Relentless endless circle.

That's strange because I got this....

(It's been paid into your nominated bank or paypal account, please allow three
working days for it to clear)
We've held back £5 from this payment as the Quidco retention fee???

Why different?

Looking at the FAQ it still states the fee is £5. Very sneaky springing the extra charge without being told if you ask me.

theworkingdead

greg_68 As tcb match cashback offers I am not sure why anyone would use … greg_68 As tcb match cashback offers I am not sure why anyone would use Quidco now if it is now £7.50.'If you can find a better rate of cashback for your purchase from another online cashback provider, then we will match the rate if you choose to use TopCashback for the transaction.'Not sure how reliable the claims for matching turn out to be though.I wonder how long it will be before tcb start charging?If they do, another site will pop up. Relentless endless circle.

TCB won't charge, as they make money on the adverts, which doesn't bother me...I'd rather see (or not see in my case) something I don't notice than pay a fiver.

I prefer to use Topcashback as you can choose payment in Amazon vouchers and get an extra 5%. Most of my Amazon shopping is 'free'.

What if you dont make any money will they still take £7.50

pcangeldust

No.

However,
If you make £4.50 for example, they will take £4.50
Edited by: "theworkingdead" 3rd Jan 2013

pcangeldust

No but as soon as you make some, they will snatch it.

Hi guys, I'm very sorry for any concern this has caused, but do be assured our retention fee is still £5. What can happen is if you haven't paid a retention fee for a previous year, this will roll over until you have a payment. We will only ever take £5 per membership year that you make purchases with us. If you earn any less than £5, then we'll only take the amount that you have earned. If you don't earn anything, we won't take anything. For example, if you only earned £2.50 in your first year of membership, but then earned over £5 in your second year of membership, then £2.50 would be retained from your first year and £5 from your second year.

I do hope that this has reassured you. If the OP would like to contact us about this, we'd be happy to advise on your account. Could you please email members@quidco.com, FAO Rosie and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Rosie
Quidco Rep

Quidco

Hi guys, I'm very sorry for any concern this has caused, but do be … Hi guys, I'm very sorry for any concern this has caused, but do be assured our retention fee is still £5. What can happen is if you haven't paid a retention fee for a previous year, this will roll over until you have a payment. We will only ever take £5 per membership year that you make purchases with us. If you earn any less than £5, then we'll only take the amount that you have earned. If you don't earn anything, we won't take anything. For example, if you only earned £2.50 in your first year of membership, but then earned over £5 in your second year of membership, then £2.50 would be retained from your first year and £5 from your second year.I do hope that this has reassured you. If the OP would like to contact us about this, we'd be happy to advise on your account. Could you please email members@quidco.com, FAO Rosie and I'll be happy to look into this for you. Many thanks,Rosie Quidco Rep

Don't understand why you are not free like Topcashback.

Much prefer TCB anyday of the week, quidco's site is/was dreadful (when I last used it).

Banned

Quidco

Hi guys, I'm very sorry for any concern this has caused, but do be … Hi guys, I'm very sorry for any concern this has caused, but do be assured our retention fee is still £5. What can happen is if you haven't paid a retention fee for a previous year, this will roll over until you have a payment. We will only ever take £5 per membership year that you make purchases with us. If you earn any less than £5, then we'll only take the amount that you have earned. If you don't earn anything, we won't take anything. For example, if you only earned £2.50 in your first year of membership, but then earned over £5 in your second year of membership, then £2.50 would be retained from your first year and £5 from your second year.I do hope that this has reassured you. If the OP would like to contact us about this, we'd be happy to advise on your account. Could you please email members@quidco.com, FAO Rosie and I'll be happy to look into this for you. Many thanks,Rosie Quidco Rep

I stopped using you about 4 years ago when you failed with 3 cashbacks with "three". The only earnings I had in that year (apart from non payments) you took as your cut..... I used TCB ever since without problems... So it's good to know that any cashbacks I'd get using your services, you'd claw back "membership" even though I haven't used you!

PS TCB just upped my payment to th higher levels you are paying under their guarrantee... So you do hav your uses.

Love quidco.....never had any problems. I just don't get on the with the topcashback website.....each to their own I suppose.

Only use Quidco for DHL shipments, as they're not on Topcashback.

Otherwise its TCB all the way over Quidco.

Knew that would be the case.

Long live quidco.

Banned

TCB gets all my custom these days

wont ever use quidco cos of the ridiculous £5 fee. Plus TCB pay a decent referral rate of £10 so loads of my mates use it now too

topcashback.co.uk/acc…end

Original Poster

I've still been hit by a £7.50 charge in one year - that's the last Quidco will see of me!

TCB is entirely free, and pays 10% more than Quidco.

Why would anybody choose to use Quidco? They pay you less than TCB - AND have the cheek to take an annual charge out of your lower earnings! oO

{Quidco Rep} - I'll get my coat! oO
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions