Quidco are a disgrace, they should be investigated

Found 10th Jul
I've mentioned this before, but didn't have anything to back this up, but now I do, I am in the process of filing a complaint against Quidco with trading standards.

Many times I've clicked to activate the £2.50 Bonus they've done over the last year or so and never once has the corresponding transaction to qualify for this bonus tracked.

Take the weekend just gone, Quidco throw out the usual £2.50 Bonus for the weekend, for a minimum spend of £10 (ex vat if you want to be sure)

1) The £2.50 Bonus is always activated in your account activity
2) You make a purchase from a qualifying retailer (notice lately this excludes places like ebay etc) and then you ensure it's over £10 (excluding VAT to be safe)
3) The purchase never tracks, even though it is there if you do a cashback claim.
4) So I do another transaction, with same retailer after the offer and it tracks within 2 hours...

Now this happens every time, I have noted all the transactions and the pattern is clearly showing that no purchases track to get the bonus.

It's pointless putting a Manual claim in, it'll stay dormant for a year, then Quidco will say that the merchant declined and does not take claims.... same excuses every time.

I would welcome all your feedback on this, the more people that complain, the more evidence we can use to throw the book at Quidco. Trading standards should get some transparency out of Quidco and why these bonuses don't get paid or track, because right now they are a complete joke.
Community Updates
Misc
39 Comments
I activated both bonus’s and they’ve been tracked pretty much straight away? Although it was declined within days from the actual retailer which I was not sure of why.
Mine have all tracked
My purchase tracked, as do all of them. However, I do all my cash back tracking through another browser and all my normal interneting through another one. Maybe that has something to do with it.
Cakeboy792 m ago

My purchase tracked, as do all of them. However, I do all my cash back …My purchase tracked, as do all of them. However, I do all my cash back tracking through another browser and all my normal interneting through another one. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Nope, I always use a different browser as well and like I said, Bonus connected transactions never tracks, regular ones do
Give up on them, especially after I had to chase them for a reply and it took 4 weeks, when I asked what was the point of paying for premium membership they simply said you can always downgrade, so I asked them again about my complaint and to downgrade. Got a downgrade message minutes later and no reply. Been with them since they started gave about £3k cashback during that time but that’s it, don’t use it a lot in recent years but using TCB now don’t think I will go back. They used to bend over backwards to help, but not now.
Quidcon are a total disgrace now, how the hell they win awards is mystery! Customer service on live chat and twitter is a complete disgrace, always act like its our fault things dont track or get declined. ‘Sorry we dont accept claims for this retailer...’’

How very convenient Quidcon!
Must admit there's a hell of a lot of gear getting tracked going back months but none getting weighed on, hmmm

34307691-E24ok.jpg
Ive not found them too bad over the many years ive been with them. They seem to respond well to cashback claims and even being generous if i made a mistake. However, if they're using underhand tactics to now deceive people like cashback not tracking when they put out these promos, i can see why you would think that. I too made a purchase for the £2.50 cashback and my purchase didn't track.
Chasloyal1 h, 23 m ago

Must admit there's a hell of a lot of gear getting tracked going back …Must admit there's a hell of a lot of gear getting tracked going back months but none getting weighed on, hmmm [Image]

Weighed on?
fanpages12 m ago

[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/quidco-2932327 ]@Mechtup 27 April …[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/feedback/quidco-2932327 ]@Mechtup 27 April 2018

Quidco and HUKD both have Tim Gibson in charge according to that - he would never allow a ban!
Edited by: "jamie015" 10th Jul
jamie0152 m ago

Quidco and HUKD both have Tim Gibson in charge - he would never allow a …Quidco and HUKD both have Tim Gibson in charge - he would never allow a ban!

...as I said (in the "Feedback" thread I mentioned, & a previous "Misc" thread that suspiciously disappeared)...

[ hotukdeals.com/com…578 ]
fanpages2 m ago

...as I said (in the "Feedback" thread I mentioned, & a previous "Misc" …...as I said (in the "Feedback" thread I mentioned, & a previous "Misc" thread that suspiciously disappeared)...[ https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/33715578 ]

Yep, was actually meant to quote you as I was looking at the link you posted. Sorry

I've edited the comment now.
Edited by: "jamie015" 10th Jul
jamie0151 m ago

Yep, was actually meant to quote you as I was looking at the link you …Yep, was actually meant to quote you as I was looking at the link you posted. Sorry I've edited the comment now.

No problem
I have th same problem I take up the promotion and then it doesn’t track properly.

But I have chased them up and been paid so it is worth opening a ticket with them and making them aware.

Yes it’s hassle corrisponding with them but I did get mine paid out eventually each time
Chasloyal2 h, 21 m ago

Must admit there's a hell of a lot of gear getting tracked going back …Must admit there's a hell of a lot of gear getting tracked going back months but none getting weighed on, hmmm [Image]

Check this out.... This is what is happening, people need to wake up....

34309279-MB7dA.jpg
This is just in the last month alone, 4 Quidco bonuses, all declined because EVERY corresponding Transaction did not track.
For the naysayers saying "oooh use a special browser, clear the cookies"... explain why the Bonus tracks every time, but the Transaction mysteriously doesn't? Now do the transaction outside of the Bonus and as if by magic the transaction tracks..

I'm all for banning Quidco from HOTUKDEALS, Mods should debate this topic and drop them.

Once TCB were the villains, but now it's the opposite way round, Quidco are worse than ever.
Also, what is the point of being a Premium member, Live Chat has vanished and there is no incentive to being a Plus member and lining quidco's pocket.

Obviously make up your own minds, but I feel so strongly about their practices in lack of tracking, pathetic manual claims process, taking over a year to tell you the merchant declined it and doesn't accept claims and customer support being non existent.

Sorry to vent, this just has to be said...… Even the quidco rep has gone into hiding it seems...
Edited by: "Sharpharp" 10th Jul
Could also be worth passing it on to BBC watchdog...
All tracked and progressed to payable in my experience, other than when I've needed to cancel the corresponding order.
Sharpharp1 h, 5 m ago

Check this out.... This is what is happening, people need to wake …Check this out.... This is what is happening, people need to wake up....[Image] This is just in the last month alone, 4 Quidco bonuses, all declined because EVERY corresponding Transaction did not track. For the naysayers saying "oooh use a special browser, clear the cookies"... explain why the Bonus tracks every time, but the Transaction mysteriously doesn't? Now do the transaction outside of the Bonus and as if by magic the transaction tracks..I'm all for banning Quidco from HOTUKDEALS, Mods should debate this topic and drop them.Once TCB were the villains, but now it's the opposite way round, Quidco are worse than ever.Also, what is the point of being a Premium member, Live Chat has vanished and there is no incentive to being a Plus member and lining quidco's pocket.Obviously make up your own minds, but I feel so strongly about their practices in lack of tracking, pathetic manual claims process, taking over a year to tell you the merchant declined it and doesn't accept claims and customer support being non existent.Sorry to vent, this just has to be said...… Even the quidco rep has gone into hiding it seems...

The bonus does not go through the same process as the purchase track. As soon as you 'activate' your bonus, it will appear on your account regardless. It then 'waits' for you to make a corresponding purchase, and is supposed to trigger to "Confirmed" roughly 3 days after the transaction its linked too is "Confirmed". In my option, the bonus should only appear when a qualifying transaction appears (like how TCB works).
Chasloyal12 h, 11 m ago

You spent £420 on gin?
I am impressed.
chimp14uk2 h, 0 m ago

You spent £420 on gin?I am impressed.

35 quid a month beats paying 40's and obviously I am meant to get another 30 back from Quidco for it too to make it that bit cheaper again.

Sharpharp11 h, 57 m ago

Check this out.... This is what is happening, people need to wake …Check this out.... This is what is happening, people need to wake up....[Image] This is just in the last month alone, 4 Quidco bonuses, all declined because EVERY corresponding Transaction did not track. For the naysayers saying "oooh use a special browser, clear the cookies"... explain why the Bonus tracks every time, but the Transaction mysteriously doesn't? Now do the transaction outside of the Bonus and as if by magic the transaction tracks..I'm all for banning Quidco from HOTUKDEALS, Mods should debate this topic and drop them.Once TCB were the villains, but now it's the opposite way round, Quidco are worse than ever.Also, what is the point of being a Premium member, Live Chat has vanished and there is no incentive to being a Plus member and lining quidco's pocket.Obviously make up your own minds, but I feel so strongly about their practices in lack of tracking, pathetic manual claims process, taking over a year to tell you the merchant declined it and doesn't accept claims and customer support being non existent.Sorry to vent, this just has to be said...… Even the quidco rep has gone into hiding it seems...

I might try contacting them because that's quite a few bob I've not received after months and months.

There is a fiver in there from somewhere but because I've recently changed banks and only updated the details with quidco yesterday which takes 2 to 3 days I didn't bother looking in to it, will check to see if that was a bonus actually
Sharpharp14 h, 29 m ago

Sorry to see that you have trouble with tracking especially with your bonus purchases. We hear you, it is frustrating.

Tracking is such sensitive part of cashback and can be affected by a host of factors. which we try and cover in our tracking guide below:

support.quidco.com/art…cks

Drop us a message via Twitter and say you want to chat to Joseph about your bonuses, and I’ll pick it up.

I will also be able to check your claims out, and make sure that you are able to access our Live Chat service.

Regards,

Joseph
Out of about 125 transactions I have only ever had 2 not track, and that was solved after raising a claim.

Never have I had any declined that I was due.

Generally when they don't track it's due to the user and not quidco.
It's about time all the ambiguity was removed from cashback sites. If they offer it , you get it . If not, they get closed down.
I've had same problem with every single bonus cashback I've done!
Quidco_Rep4 h, 44 m ago

Sorry to see that you have trouble with tracking especially with your …Sorry to see that you have trouble with tracking especially with your bonus purchases. We hear you, it is frustrating.Tracking is such sensitive part of cashback and can be affected by a host of factors. which we try and cover in our tracking guide below:https://support.quidco.com/article/tips-and-tricksDrop us a message via Twitter and say you want to chat to Joseph about your bonuses, and I’ll pick it up.I will also be able to check your claims out, and make sure that you are able to access our Live Chat service.Regards,Joseph

Well well well, seems like I got Quidco's attention...

Joseph,

Firstly, instead of PM'ing and trying to do this on the hush hush, lets get this out in the open.

1) Your response to this post was quicker than any support ticket ever lodged in Quidco, why is that I wonder? Are you what they send out on damage limitation duty?

2) Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that no corresponding transactions track when a Bonus is activated?

3) Lets have some transparency: How many bonuses are approved, compared to declined for each campaign? Give me stats for the bonus campaign dates mentioned in my pic.

4) Why do you have merchants on Quidco that customers cannot raise a claim for?

5) Why do you accept claims for some merchants, hold onto it for a year, then say oh sorry the transaction was not found and the merchant no longer accepts enquires.

6) Why has Quidco gone downhill? Customer service used to be on point, now it's next to useless. Just like you, customer just send out generic links with no desire to resolve issues.

7) How many staff do Quidco employ? Have the numbers gone down?

What is the point in paying for Quidco Premium? Where does the fee go? Quidco Office party?

9) Live customer service, where has that gone? One of the reasons to join the Premium scheme was to have access to Live Chat, now you've removed it, Premium members should get a drop in the fee. There is no priority to premium members to get a quicker resolution to claims, so what is the point?

10) These Bonus schemes (£2.50) who puts up the money for them? Is it Quidco or merchants/affiliates?

11) You won't answer this, but do Quidco still get commission on all non tracked (but clicked) transactions.... you know what I mean

12) The website is dated and out of touch, the claims tracking is useless, it needs to be dynamic and provide a dynamic progress bar. This can be done, you just need to get your finger out and get the merchants/affiliates on board

That's enough for now, off to see the England game.

Joseph, no extra time for you, lets gets some decent and honest answers, the tide has already shifted and people are jumping ship to TopCashback (look no further than this forum to see that happening). To think everyone hated TCB at the beginning, but now it's Quidco losing it's reputation.
Sharpharp1 h, 17 m ago

Well well well, seems like I got Quidco's attention...Joseph,Firstly, …Well well well, seems like I got Quidco's attention...Joseph,Firstly, instead of PM'ing and trying to do this on the hush hush, lets get this out in the open.1) Your response to this post was quicker than any support ticket ever lodged in Quidco, why is that I wonder? Are you what they send out on damage limitation duty?2) Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that no corresponding transactions track when a Bonus is activated?3) Lets have some transparency: How many bonuses are approved, compared to declined for each campaign? Give me stats for the bonus campaign dates mentioned in my pic.4) Why do you have merchants on Quidco that customers cannot raise a claim for? 5) Why do you accept claims for some merchants, hold onto it for a year, then say oh sorry the transaction was not found and the merchant no longer accepts enquires.6) Why has Quidco gone downhill? Customer service used to be on point, now it's next to useless. Just like you, customer just send out generic links with no desire to resolve issues.7) How many staff do Quidco employ? Have the numbers gone down?8) What is the point in paying for Quidco Premium? Where does the fee go? Quidco Office party? 9) Live customer service, where has that gone? One of the reasons to join the Premium scheme was to have access to Live Chat, now you've removed it, Premium members should get a drop in the fee. There is no priority to premium members to get a quicker resolution to claims, so what is the point?10) These Bonus schemes (£2.50) who puts up the money for them? Is it Quidco or merchants/affiliates?11) You won't answer this, but do Quidco still get commission on all non tracked (but clicked) transactions.... you know what I mean12) The website is dated and out of touch, the claims tracking is useless, it needs to be dynamic and provide a dynamic progress bar. This can be done, you just need to get your finger out and get the merchants/affiliates on boardThat's enough for now, off to see the England game. Joseph, no extra time for you, lets gets some decent and honest answers, the tide has already shifted and people are jumping ship to TopCashback (look no further than this forum to see that happening). To think everyone hated TCB at the beginning, but now it's Quidco losing it's reputation.

We're happy to get back to you about the issues you've been encountering with your cashback, to see if we can solve them and make sure there are no other issues.

If you'd like to discuss them, then we're here and our messages are open.

Enjoy the England game.

Joseph
Edited by: "Quidco_Rep" 11th Jul
none of the £10 ones have ever tracked and had a missing £70 from currys they said just wait I did, it still did not come, then they said sorry its too late to raise a claim
miles1367 h, 26 m ago

none of the £10 ones have ever tracked and had a missing £70 from currys t …none of the £10 ones have ever tracked and had a missing £70 from currys they said just wait I did, it still did not come, then they said sorry its too late to raise a claim

Sorry to hear about your Currys cashback. Are you able to drop me a quick message with the email address on your Quidco account, as well as the purchase date so I can take a second look at that?

Regards,

Joseph
Sharpharp11th Jul

Well well well, seems like I got Quidco's attention...Joseph,Firstly, …Well well well, seems like I got Quidco's attention...Joseph,Firstly, instead of PM'ing and trying to do this on the hush hush, lets get this out in the open.1) Your response to this post was quicker than any support ticket ever lodged in Quidco, why is that I wonder? Are you what they send out on damage limitation duty?2) Don't you think it is more than a coincidence that no corresponding transactions track when a Bonus is activated?3) Lets have some transparency: How many bonuses are approved, compared to declined for each campaign? Give me stats for the bonus campaign dates mentioned in my pic.4) Why do you have merchants on Quidco that customers cannot raise a claim for? 5) Why do you accept claims for some merchants, hold onto it for a year, then say oh sorry the transaction was not found and the merchant no longer accepts enquires.6) Why has Quidco gone downhill? Customer service used to be on point, now it's next to useless. Just like you, customer just send out generic links with no desire to resolve issues.7) How many staff do Quidco employ? Have the numbers gone down?8) What is the point in paying for Quidco Premium? Where does the fee go? Quidco Office party? 9) Live customer service, where has that gone? One of the reasons to join the Premium scheme was to have access to Live Chat, now you've removed it, Premium members should get a drop in the fee. There is no priority to premium members to get a quicker resolution to claims, so what is the point?10) These Bonus schemes (£2.50) who puts up the money for them? Is it Quidco or merchants/affiliates?11) You won't answer this, but do Quidco still get commission on all non tracked (but clicked) transactions.... you know what I mean12) The website is dated and out of touch, the claims tracking is useless, it needs to be dynamic and provide a dynamic progress bar. This can be done, you just need to get your finger out and get the merchants/affiliates on boardThat's enough for now, off to see the England game. Joseph, no extra time for you, lets gets some decent and honest answers, the tide has already shifted and people are jumping ship to TopCashback (look no further than this forum to see that happening). To think everyone hated TCB at the beginning, but now it's Quidco losing it's reputation.

34341611-se8GV.jpg
That ching was a bonus from the end of April as you can see but nothing else has been weighed on thus far and it's that craft gin club one I am most irritated with, like more than 4 months now!
I rang the RAC recently to renew my car breakdown cover mentioned Quidco would give £65 cashback, the RAC said they’d knock off the £65 there and then. At least I don’t have to wait half a year to get the cashback by going through Quidco. Half the stuff doesn’t track correctly on these bonus offers with Quidco
rob.watkins36 m ago

I rang the RAC recently to renew my car breakdown cover mentioned Quidco …I rang the RAC recently to renew my car breakdown cover mentioned Quidco would give £65 cashback, the RAC said they’d knock off the £65 there and then. At least I don’t have to wait half a year to get the cashback by going through Quidco. Half the stuff doesn’t track correctly on these bonus offers with Quidco

The RAC would probably be saving money (albeit a very small percentage, but still a saving is worthwhile) by not having to also pay Quidco. The person you spoke to may also have realised that you could have gone elsewhere once the call ended.

Well done. Good result.
Quidco_Rep12th Jul

Sorry to hear about your Currys cashback. Are you able to drop me a quick …Sorry to hear about your Currys cashback. Are you able to drop me a quick message with the email address on your Quidco account, as well as the purchase date so I can take a second look at that? Regards,Joseph

Sadly you should bother to try and help customers who contact you directly and pay premium rather than ignoring them and then not being bothered with them rather than just helping on here.

Poor customer service from anyone is not acceptable.

After being with you since 2007 I think it was my last experience of having to chase you is not acceptable and then your pour response and then no reply except just down grading as I requested was annoying but to find you replying here just makes all of that even worse. Get on social media and you jump nice that.
Quidco_Rep11th Jul

We're happy to get back to you about the issues you've been encountering …We're happy to get back to you about the issues you've been encountering with your cashback, to see if we can solve them and make sure there are no other issues.If you'd like to discuss them, then we're here and our messages are open.Enjoy the England game.Joseph

It would be nice if you addressed at least a few of the questions in here. It's not like the answers are only relevant to the OP.
Quidco_Rep11th Jul

We're happy to get back to you about the issues you've been encountering …We're happy to get back to you about the issues you've been encountering with your cashback, to see if we can solve them and make sure there are no other issues.If you'd like to discuss them, then we're here and our messages are open.Enjoy the England game.Joseph

Joseph....

Instead of avoiding the subject, address each and every question I posted....

Doing your usual generic "we'll be happy yo get back to you, if you contact me directly" nonsense won't work anymore. You've repeated the same generic response to some posters in this thread, that is not the answer.

I see your motive is to come across as caring and helping, well the reality is you are only doing this because Quidco's reputation is in tatters and it's out in the public domain now.

Why don't you give this quick a response to Premium customers?

Like I said, stop dodging the subject, so back to my original Post to you and answer every question. If you are not capable, or it's above your cut and paste skills or pay grade, then get someone here to answer.
Edited by: "Sharpharp" 15th Jul
Quidco_Rep11th Jul

Would be good if you could answer these questions and put them on the Quidco web site too.

Is there a web page on Quidco which tells customers of tracking, confirmed, not confirmed, paid out, not paid out performance statistics and trend?
They screwed me last november, so i disputed it and told to fk off because they said retailer has no proof. There was no way to send proof to them. Ps the retailer also pulled a fast one since they sent no order confirnation just a delivery note,
It doesn't work well
TCB & Quidco are ok but most of the time clearing cookies and potenially missing out on a good deal for limited items means I normally never bother.

Also it takes so long to be paid out.
Edited by: "loopylloyd" 15th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants