Groups

Quidco at work

Morning all,

I have recently started a new job for a large (800+ employees) company and yesterday I realised that our main supplier is on available for Quidco. My issue is this; Do I tell my bosses and help my company out with an additional 3% saving or do I just keep quiet and make a little 'bonus' money on any order I make myself?

Is there anyway that using Quidco would come back to bite me on the bum if I used it in this manner?

Thanks in advance,

Nick

33 Comments

In the T&Cs

14.2. You must only have a single, member account at Quidco and that account must only be being used for transactions personal to you. You may not use your Quidco account for purchases made on behalf of other people.

Banned

Sheep... is there anything in quidco to say business's cant use it though?

ie: couldnt 'XYZ Computing" have their own, single account

I know what I would be doing........ Enjoy the extra income and keep schtum...!!!

my understanding of the system is that the purchases have to be for yourself, not for the business, but no it doesnt specifically say that an individual business can have their own account.

4leafed;4608405

I know what I would be doing........ Enjoy the extra income and keep … I know what I would be doing........ Enjoy the extra income and keep schtum...!!!

+1 on that!

Banned

4leafed;4608405

I know what I would be doing........ Enjoy the extra income and keep … I know what I would be doing........ Enjoy the extra income and keep schtum...!!!

Well me too... with pretty much any other site. But (perhaps stupidly) I kinda don't see quidco as a business, and want them to do well etc.

if you are in violation of the T&C's they will just close your account...so why not just set up an accouny purely for that...do it...then if they 'catch' you, you lose the money in the account at that time, but nothing else??? so in effect theres no real risk that i can see...unless your bosses get wind of it and dont take kindly!

i dont see how your bosses could ever find out

Original Poster

I guess that my main concern is that I get into trouble at work for it. But if the company have no way of knowing (unless they check my browsing history - and I work in the IT dept so I know they wont)

The account I have with the supplier is all in my name (on behalf of the company), so it is specific to me.

I think I may be onto a little 'Brucie Bonus' here :-D

Banned

just started a new job and already thinking of helping yourself, errrmmmmm

Of course everything is trackable, i would imagine quidco will clock on pretty fast as the owner of this site is also the owner of quico, lets hope when clocked they dont decided to contact your company

Admin

Moved to misc

Worth checking your contract too, mine has a clause about freebies and payments from suppliers which this could technically be seen as. Also if I were your employer I would be concerned that you were selecting suppliers based on cashback and not necessarily the best deals which would save the company money.

Is it worth losing your job over a few quid cashback?

Original Poster

Tillboy;4608826

Worth checking your contract too, mine has a clause about freebies and … Worth checking your contract too, mine has a clause about freebies and payments from suppliers which this could technically be seen as. Also if I were your employer I would be concerned that you were selecting suppliers based on cashback and not necessarily the best deals which would save the company money.Is it worth losing your job over a few quid cashback?

This is my concern, is £30+ pw worth the risk? My contract states I am entitled to 'gifts' from certain suppliers upto a certain amount. I am not moving the supplier, it is their existing supplier.

Just use another cashback site, i know Cashback Kings have no problem with buying for other people using your account, there is also Top Cashback but not sure what there t+c's are.

your not stealing money from the company, that amount was going to be paid anyway, how is this any different to someone who has a comapny car with their fuel paid for yet recives, nectar/clubcard points?

I say go for it.

Karpoozi;4608902

This is my concern, is £30+ pw worth the risk? My contract states I am … This is my concern, is £30+ pw worth the risk? My contract states I am entitled to 'gifts' from certain suppliers upto a certain amount. I am not moving the supplier, it is their existing supplier.

In that case get pally with the supplier and arrange some above board freebies instead, when I worked for a previous company I ordered loads of stuff from Dell and got a free Axim PDA thrown in, was negotiating for about 50 rack mount servers and was due to get an XPS laptop, but then managed to get them a lot cheaper from HP instead. All I got was lunch from the account manager...

gor for it

MinstrelMan;4608959

your not stealing money from the company, that amount was going to be … your not stealing money from the company, that amount was going to be paid anyway, how is this any different to someone who has a comapny car with their fuel paid for yet recives, nectar/clubcard points?I say go for it.

Now who would do that :whistling:

Just go for it.

Banned

sassie;4608692

just started a new job and already thinking of helping yourself, errrmmmmm

Completely out of order and probably slanderous (probably not actually, but hey it should be).

As someone else has pointed out already, how is this any different to using a nectar card or clubcard for business purchases?!

Banned

vibeone;4609104

Completely out of order and probably slanderous (probably not actually, … Completely out of order and probably slanderous (probably not actually, but hey it should be).As someone else has pointed out already, how is this any different to using a nectar card or clubcard for business purchases?!

then why ask on here if its ok, and not ask his employer:p

vibeone;4609104

Completely out of order and probably slanderous (probably not actually, … Completely out of order and probably slanderous (probably not actually, but hey it should be).As someone else has pointed out already, how is this any different to using a nectar card or clubcard for business purchases?!

I think the things is with Nectar etc. it's probably expected. I always bought all my fuel and paid hotels and flights with a cashback credit card but this is less visible. If you have responsibilty for buying products for the company this could be seen as an abuse

Banned

sassie;4609118

Read his post. he's not bothered about the employer bit - just the quidco t+c's

vibeone;4609104

Completely out of order and probably slanderous

Libel is the word you're lookin for.

Original Poster

sassie;4609118

Or her!

I'm asking because I wanted advice as I dont like making assumptions. They are often wrong.

Banned

vibeone;4609163

Read his post. he's not bothered about the employer bit - just the … Read his post. he's not bothered about the employer bit - just the quidco t+c's

Karpoozi;4608606

Do I tell my bosses and help my company out with an additional 3% … Do I tell my bosses and help my company out with an additional 3% saving or do I just keep quiet and make a little 'bonus' money on any order I make myself?

errrrmmmmmmm

Original Poster

I want someone to benefit from quidco, but dont want to get into any trouble in doing so.
    I appreciate people views on the subject.

Banned

sassie;4609238

errrrmmmmmmm

and how on earth is the quoted section of your post ANY different to him saying "Should I tell my bosses I've been given £5 off fuel from my Shell Points card*"? *or similar obviously.

BTW, side issue, this "ermmmmmmmmm" thing is a bit childish don't ya think?

Banned

vibeone;4609375

and how on earth is the quoted section of your post ANY different to him … and how on earth is the quoted section of your post ANY different to him saying "Should I tell my bosses I've been given £5 off fuel from my Shell Points card*"? *or similar obviously.BTW, side issue, this "ermmmmmmmmm" thing is a bit childish don't ya think?

make ya mind up it was about quidcos t&c's a minute ago, now its about telling his boss, vibeone you wanna have pot shots at least do it on something decent ;-)

Banned

op do what you think is right

u can dooooooo it!!

seriously do it..... whats wrong with it...if employers say anything say its not in YOUR contract that i cant use cashback sites....it cant be used for company and to be honest im not taking any money from yourselves..... its a loophole that im using that benefits me but doesnt harm this comapny or ur supplier....

good luck kiddo!

Banned

It's fraud.....if you earn air miles from flights booked using company money and you then use them for personal use that is fraud. This is one and the same, why risk your job over a little extra in the pocket just declare it to your employers and ask where you would like the cash back to be paid into. Work out how much money you're talking about so they can make a decision whether you should keep it or not.

Take your perks where you can find them

I used to do very well out of quidco at my old work, and also did the negotiations things, for the guarantee of regular business, one IT supplier used to send me a £50 M&S voucher for every £500 spent. Happy days at that place.

Banned

ermmmmmmmmmmm

do it

ermmmmmmmmmmmm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cheapest place to get ea access?11
      2. Samsung s8 trade in46
      3. Does anyone have a Xbox gold trial code22
      4. Iphone 6 to which handset?45