Quidco closed my account.

Posted 3rd May 2019
Hi
Quidco has closed my account & said i had more then one, but it's my only account. I'm waiting for them to get back to me. Has this happened to anyone else?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted1471098
No because we have only one account......
35 Comments
deleted1471098
No because we have only one account......
I only have one account too
Are you sure it's Quidco and not a scam email? Visit Quidco directly.
Why would it matter if you have more than one account as they would make more money from that person due to the fee?
mastablasta11 m ago

Why would it matter if you have more than one account as they would make …Why would it matter if you have more than one account as they would make more money from that person due to the fee?

There are occasional referral deals etc. Having multiple accounts could mean self referral payouts.
What do they base the accusation on?
.MUFC.5 h, 29 m ago

Are you sure it's Quidco and not a scam email? Visit Quidco directly.

Yes, I couldn't log in so I emailed them
Ferris1 m ago

What do they base the accusation on?

They haven't said, only that the account was closed for having more then one. I'm waiting for their reply
Do you use mobile broadband or public WiFi by any chance? If so several users can use the same IP address at once, so Quidco might have mistakenly thought it was you using another account when in reality it was another genuine user.
Quidco are useless, use TopCashBack, there also useless but better than Quidco.
zirk03/05/2019 14:52

Quidco are useless, use TopCashBack, there also useless but better than …Quidco are useless, use TopCashBack, there also useless but better than Quidco.

The problem is I had over £70 tracking 😏
pookey103/05/2019 14:54

The problem is I had over £70 tracking 😏

,,,and I guess the Ts&Cs we agreed to say that all earnings are forfeit if multiple accounts are detected. It will be interesting to see if they provide any justification, as it has the potential to be very dodgy if not. I've had hundreds tracking at some points.
Ferris03/05/2019 16:32

,,,and I guess the Ts&Cs we agreed to say that all earnings are forfeit if …,,,and I guess the Ts&Cs we agreed to say that all earnings are forfeit if multiple accounts are detected. It will be interesting to see if they provide any justification, as it has the potential to be very dodgy if not. I've had hundreds tracking at some points.

Yes exactly. Well they said it cos we are on the same ip address. But we all live together so is it one account per household?
Really getting fed up, I think I will go back to tcb
pookey112 m ago

Yes exactly. Well they said it cos we are on the same ip address. But we …Yes exactly. Well they said it cos we are on the same ip address. But we all live together so is it one account per household?

Can't see anything in the terms about one per household or per IP address, just one per person. They go further and make it clear that you can't use one account for transactions on behalf of another person, so it looks like even a married/cohabiting couple with joint bank accounts etc would need individual accounts, but only if they have their own IP addresses? Bizarre.
Quidcon strikes again! Unbelievable that company now! Use to recommend them highly, not now!

Customer services is now poor, the lack of tracking (& then quidcon like to blame the user!) Plus the ‘Games’ are a fix too!
Hey @pookey1 sorry to hear that! I will get to the bottom of that for you, please just email me at joseph@quidco.com!
Quidco_Rep04/05/2019 09:34

Hey @pookey1 sorry to hear that! I will get to the bottom of that for you, …Hey @pookey1 sorry to hear that! I will get to the bottom of that for you, please just email me at joseph@quidco.com!

Do you work with them?
pookey135 m ago

Do you work with them?

id guess he does. account since 2015 with name quidco_rep and not banned would suggest he is an employee and a rep here.
sounds like they have spotted something which makes them suspect that you are using multiple accounts. i have one for myself and one for my husband at our address with TCB but we have different bank accounts registered with the two TCB accounts so that in itself will prove that we are not using multiple accounts.

as far as i am aware, these accounts are one account per person, not per household, but if they suspect that you are abusing the system and creating more than one account in your household without there actually being more than one person living there, then they will close your account.
Quidco_Rep04/05/2019 09:34

Hey @pookey1 sorry to hear that! I will get to the bottom of that for you, …Hey @pookey1 sorry to hear that! I will get to the bottom of that for you, please just email me at joseph@quidco.com!

Still waiting for this to get resolved, do you know why it's taking so long? I really regret signing up but I have £70 of cashback due so I don't want to loose it
Quidco used to be the cashback site, but, as has been said its gone rapidly down hill. Support is none existent and when you do get through to staff they are often kurt, unhelpful and rude - and this was while I was a paying Quidco user.

I now have a Quidco account just for the odd occasions TopCashBack dont have cashback on their site or its higher elsewhere - at which I buy via TCB and claim the difference through them!
pookey120/05/2019 12:03

Still waiting for this to get resolved, do you know why it's taking so …Still waiting for this to get resolved, do you know why it's taking so long? I really regret signing up but I have £70 of cashback due so I don't want to loose it

reason I left @Quidco was for these very reasons, customer service is shocking, having to chase and chase is not acceptable. There is a different quidco username, you might get more luck with that but I doubt it.
markmc99920/05/2019 12:24

Quidco used to be the cashback site, but, as has been said its gone …Quidco used to be the cashback site, but, as has been said its gone rapidly down hill. Support is none existent and when you do get through to staff they are often kurt, unhelpful and rude - and this was while I was a paying Quidco user.I now have a Quidco account just for the odd occasions TopCashBack dont have cashback on their site or its higher elsewhere - at which I buy via TCB and claim the difference through them!

Yes I think I'll go back to TCB, quidco are dreadful
Well not impressed with Quidco shall not be using again tryed logging in blocked for a second time and this after been unblocked after providing evidence of my bank statements. Why one needs to do this is not a nice way of going on anyway just another way of keeping what you have earned. Would not recommend
Same thing has happened to me just when I tried to withdraw my money - nearly £200
Exactly same happened to me - usually use TCB - used quidco after many many years for a broadband deal and surprise surprise the moment the £70 was approved they closed my account. I’m trying to work out why they think I have two accounts but definitely will be sticking to TCB from now onwards
I do wonder if you could do a data access request on them to ask for the information around you as a person and the other account?

GDPR?
They just closed my account with money inside wonder how much money they are stealing from people by doing this
Quidco getting worse now
pc197404/07/2020 07:56

They just closed my account with money inside wonder how much money they …They just closed my account with money inside wonder how much money they are stealing from people by doing this

My account was closed a couple of weeks ago, i had around £25 in there,
no reason was given for closing it and i couldn't find an option to contact them about it,

i got an email from them a couple of hours later and i thought that was going to tell me why...
but it was just asking me to review them on Trust Pilot, the irony of it...

@Quidco_Rep can you help me on this??
Edited by: "cainer1" 29th Jul
cainer129/07/2020 10:26

My account was closed a couple of weeks ago, i had around £25 in there, no …My account was closed a couple of weeks ago, i had around £25 in there, no reason was given for closing it and i couldn't find an option to contact them about it,i got an email from them a couple of hours later and i thought that was going to tell me why... but it was just asking me to review them on Trust Pilot, the irony of it... @Quidco_Rep can you help me on this??

So sorry to hear that this has happened! Please could you drop an email over to socialsupport@quidco.com and we can take a look what is going on for you -Joe
Quidco_Rep31/07/2020 08:45

So sorry to hear that this has happened! Please could you drop an email …So sorry to hear that this has happened! Please could you drop an email over to socialsupport@quidco.com and we can take a look what is going on for you -Joe

Ok thanks Joe, i have sent an email just now..
cainer131/07/2020 12:46

Ok thanks Joe, i have sent an email just now..

Thanks so much, I can't see it just yet but we'll be back in touch as soon as we can -Joe (socialsupport@quidco.com)
Quidco_Rep31/07/2020 13:01

Thanks so much, I can't see it just yet but we'll be back in touch as soon …Thanks so much, I can't see it just yet but we'll be back in touch as soon as we can -Joe (socialsupport@quidco.com)

I've still not heard anything from you lot at Quidco,
i sent an email to socialsupport@quidco.com one week ago saying my account had been blocked without reason, and gave my email addy plus username,

i got emails today saying some of my purchases have been confirmed (gone payable) so i thought maybe the block had been lifted but no, i still can't get into my account even though i have cash there waiting to be withdrawn...

41596603-iffeJ.jpg
and when i click on the "contact support" it says this page no longer exists..
Edited by: "cainer1" 6th Aug
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants