Found 9th Apr 2008
Hi i bought a 42" tv from john lewis it tracked fine then when checked this morning payment for £22.47 has been declined
Why ????

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
17 Comments

If you used a voucher then many merchants have wised up to this double-whammy and will subsequently decline Quidco/Pigsback etc. as a result.

panasonic tv £599 quidco declined. been 3 months going through quidco enquiry.

Original Poster

Yeah i did use voucher didnt realise you couldnt do both
Thanks for the help

If you look on the John Lewis quidco page, the information box at the bottom says that quidco will be declined if a discount voucher is used.

Not much you can do about it im afraid.

Banned

I also had £41 quidco declined by the merchant today (goldfish credit card). Been using the card too. Cancelled the card this morning. Cant believe quidco dont give any chance of appealing so i dont trust them now as i suspect they are just pocketing the money so will use this one which pays out for amazon too. cashback-rewards.co.uk/ind…ome

ctuk;1860503

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/68954/quidco-anything-and-everything/

Although I recently used a John Lewis voucher and received my cashback no problem, its probabaly luck of the draw. You could trying contacting Carol the Quidco rep who monitors the Quidco anything and everything thread to see if see can help. It was quoted earlier.:)

csiman;1860795

..... so i dont trust them now as i suspect they are just pocketing the … ..... so i dont trust them now as i suspect they are just pocketing the money.....

i'd seriously consider that comment. I remember that chat coming up before, and someone was asked to provide proof of that or leave this place......

This is really annoying as this is the reason we buy the stuff from them in the first place!!
& it should be made clear on the QUIDCO site as well as where you are buying from that they do not accept 2 types of discount, vouchers cashback or what-ever .. After all it was accepted AT THE TIME OF PLACING THE ORDER... Why didn't they email & let you know ?

snowtiger;1860889

This is really annoying as this is the reason we buy the stuff from them … This is really annoying as this is the reason we buy the stuff from them in the first place!!& it should be made clear on the QUIDCO site as well as where you are buying from that they do not accept 2 types of discount, vouchers cashback or what-ever .. After all it was accepted AT THE TIME OF PLACING THE ORDER... Why didn't they email & let you know ?

It clearly states this on the quidco site...

Please read the following before proceeding:

John Lewis will not pay cashback on Wedding Gift List orders.
The use of discount codes and vouchers will result in your cashback being declined.

* This merchant pays earnings on the sales value excluding VAT and delivery

Banned

boydent999;1860820

i'd seriously consider that comment. I remember that chat coming up … i'd seriously consider that comment. I remember that chat coming up before, and someone was asked to provide proof of that or leave this place......

if they are not, then they should seriously allow people to appeal as it negates the whole benefits on using quidco. After all, who hasn't actually gone through quidco at one time specifically for the cashback. If it isnt guaranteed, then its got a serious flaw!

You can appeal/enquire - have you tried?

Banned

Admin;1861014

You can appeal/enquire - have you tried?

The enquiry I raised has been locked so i cannot add to it. Is there another process?

cheers

Ask in the quidco thread? Someone linked to it above

csiman;1860981

if they are not, then they should seriously allow people to appeal as it … if they are not, then they should seriously allow people to appeal as it negates the whole benefits on using quidco. After all, who hasn't actually gone through quidco at one time specifically for the cashback. If it isnt guaranteed, then its got a serious flaw!

I'm sure if you read through terms/conditions etc on site it says quidco is not guaranteed.

Cashback Rates.

7. Merchants are listed on the Quidco site as giving either a percentage or fixed amount of cashback, for each genuine, completed transaction. Under no circumstances does this form a guarantee that you will receive any monetary amount as a result of your transaction.

Banned

umanga;1861510

I'm sure if you read through terms/conditions etc on site it says quidco … I'm sure if you read through terms/conditions etc on site it says quidco is not guaranteed.Cashback Rates.7. Merchants are listed on the Quidco site as giving either a percentage or fixed amount of cashback, for each genuine, completed transaction. Under no circumstances does this form a guarantee that you will receive any monetary amount as a result of your transaction.

Yep - I did know that but never been declined before for totally legitimate transaction hence I no longer will be using quidco. Cashback rewards seems to have better rates anyway in most cases.

just had my quidco enquiry declined. i never knew about the quidco and voucher rule when i orded. it was never made aware. £10 voucher or £18 quidco. wonder which one i would of choosen in i had known.

hduk run quidco i think (correct me if im wrong) but is their any other merchants that disallow quidco if a voucher is used.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3285
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18226646
    3. Highway code and use of indicators (or lack thereof)4176
    4. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?993251

See more discussions