Quidco Declined - Retailer Does Not Accept Cashback Claims?

Posted 26th Nov
There was a Now Broadband offer on Quidco in September, which I decided to take. The cashback was £90 and it tracked straight away. It said that payout wouldn't be till January, but I decided to log in and check it today. Declined - It says that 'We're sorry to tell you that this retailer does not accept cashback claims. We're unable to investigate this further'

I don't understand... It also says that the retailer is Now TV Combo, but I clicked on Now Broadband when doing the cashback. Also, the same £90 offer is still on their site today.

Why would the retailer switch to one that doesn't accept cashback? It tracked through the site and I know that I clicked on Now Broadband not something called Now TV Combo.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Edit: Update- I have contacted customer support and they have raised a claim for me. The claim is now showing as Now Broadband. They didn't have a reason as to why it was declined and said that it could take 4-6 months to be completed.

Should I sit with my fingers crossed now?! I asked if it would help if I contact Now TV directly myself, but they said it won't, as that particular department won't be the ones that deal with customers directly. Has anyone else tried contacting directly on declined cashback?

Thanks for all your replies & help
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have anything to do with cashback problems.

In comparison, Topcashback, I have found do their utmost best to resolve any issues. Their service truly is amazing.
28 Comments
Cash back isn’t guaranteed and shouldn’t be relied on. Supplier may have just simply decided not to honour the claim as too many people signed up.
Happens quite a bit, nothing you can do really it’s says in the terms the retailer has the decision. You could contact Quidco or the retailer direct you might get lucky....
This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have anything to do with cashback problems.

In comparison, Topcashback, I have found do their utmost best to resolve any issues. Their service truly is amazing.
From past experiences,cash back from Sky is more likely never to materalise, Quidco/TCB could do better by letting people leave a feedback, without being moderated first, so users can get a truer picture of the retailer.
Whether you’re with TCB or Quidco anything above £70 is theirs and you’re guaranteed to lose it. Plus there’s no higher authority you can place your complaint to.
notalwaysright1926/11/2019 08:19

This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have …This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have anything to do with cashback problems. In comparison, Topcashback, I have found do their utmost best to resolve any issues. Their service truly is amazing.

Topcashback pay lip service, a year ago purchasing AA cover my browser crashed, with no confirmation of the purchase 15 mins later i put it through again, it then went thru twice.
After complaining to the AA they cancelled and refunded one but now refuse to honour the cash back on the completed transaction despite many complaints.
That’s the reason why I stopped using Quidco and topcashback and now use complete savings, you have to be in the ball with sending them a receipt once a month to get your monthly reward, but I’ve never been refused cash back in theirs apart from eBay, which they have now removed from their site or with Argos when paying with a gift card which I got from there anyway with a 20%, or surfdome when using my NUS card. And this change has only recently happened. Been 2 years with them and they are great to deal with, you can call them and sort issues out pretty quickly 😁
Have you tried to raise a claim? It shows the retailers you visited check if now broadband is there. Have a look on you email to, as Quidco send me an email to say it's tracked. Check if it's now broadband or nowtv combo. If it is nowtv combo you clicked wrong link.
Edited by: "MR1123" 26th Nov
I'd kick up a fuss , especially as the deal is still current. If they don't honour it surely it's false advertising and trading standards might have something to say about that.
I had the exact same situation (same deal, same retailer, same offer), I very rarely use Quidco and this is just confirming my choice!

In future I'll do everything through Topcashback, take a screenshot of the better offer on quidco and use topcashback.co.uk/acc…ees
Edited by: "poozle" 26th Nov
yorkie1226/11/2019 09:30

I'd kick up a fuss , especially as the deal is still current. If they …I'd kick up a fuss , especially as the deal is still current. If they don't honour it surely it's false advertising and trading standards might have something to say about that.

@Hotlipz

I would definitely be kicking up a fuss too
especially with that kind of money involved.

I honestly find cashback site aren’t worth the hassle I have always have issues with them not paying. You waste so much time chasing them up and often with no success I no longer bother at all.
The amount of times i've forgotten to use TCB and late put in a claim, they have always paid out. Like yourself i've had problems with Quidco and haven't used them for years. They used to be owned by the same people that own HUKD (not sure if that is still the case).
Azwipe26/11/2019 09:49

The amount of times i've forgotten to use TCB and late put in a claim, …The amount of times i've forgotten to use TCB and late put in a claim, they have always paid out. Like yourself i've had problems with Quidco and haven't used them for years. They used to be owned by the same people that own HUKD (not sure if that is still the case).

Also see "PepperBonus":
[ hotukdeals.com/com…686 ]

This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have …This is the reason why I boycotted Quidco a long time ago. They won't have anything to do with cashback problems. In comparison, Topcashback, I have found do their utmost best to resolve any issues. Their service truly is amazing.

ive had it the other way round in past, its just luck most if the time but they say dont count on it but ya do thats why you buy the deal, they should honour it crazy
Edited by: "kevlfc" 26th Nov
Hey

Any purchases with Now will track as Now TV Combo and if they are declined it will not allow you to raise the claim from your side (this is something we are aware of)

We are still able to raise that for you however.

If you get in touch with the customer support guys they can help with that no problem!

-Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)
hmm, funnily enough this was mine through TCB, same cashback amount, same retailer, same month (although TCB do allow claims, which I have)

39122708-nyISh.jpg
Got me worried they’re not gonna pay me now through TCB
39124096-toj9Q.jpg
Maybe @TopCashbackRep can comment. I'm speaking in favour of them but the odds seem stacked against where Now TV are concerned.
Quidco_Rep26/11/2019 10:30

Hey Any purchases with Now will track as Now TV Combo and if they are …Hey Any purchases with Now will track as Now TV Combo and if they are declined it will not allow you to raise the claim from your side (this is something we are aware of)We are still able to raise that for you however.If you get in touch with the customer support guys they can help with that no problem!-Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)

Have done that & they raised a claim for me.

Is it normal to have a 4-6 month wait for the claim? Also, should Now TV have given a reason for the decline?

Was there some kind of glitch on Quidco? Now Tv Combo don't 'accept cashback claims'.

The claim has now gone through as Now Broadband, as it should have originally?

Anyway, thanks. At least I've gotten somewhere with it
julieallen26/11/2019 11:13

hmm, funnily enough this was mine through TCB, same cashback amount, same …hmm, funnily enough this was mine through TCB, same cashback amount, same retailer, same month (although TCB do allow claims, which I have)[Image]

Good luck, hope it comes through for you Do you know how long claims usually take? I was told 4-6 months.
Hotlipz26/11/2019 14:09

Good luck, hope it comes through for you Do you know how long claims …Good luck, hope it comes through for you Do you know how long claims usually take? I was told 4-6 months.

yeah, if you're lucky
Azwipe26/11/2019 09:49

The amount of times i've forgotten to use TCB and late put in a claim, …The amount of times i've forgotten to use TCB and late put in a claim, they have always paid out. Like yourself i've had problems with Quidco and haven't used them for years. They used to be owned by the same people that own HUKD (not sure if that is still the case).

How did you put in a claim if you didn't click through in the first place?
Ferris26/11/2019 22:31

How did you put in a claim if you didn't click through in the first place?

My thoughts too. If I know, I can do this in future if I forget.
Quidco_Rep26/11/2019 10:30

Hey Any purchases with Now will track as Now TV Combo and if they are …Hey Any purchases with Now will track as Now TV Combo and if they are declined it will not allow you to raise the claim from your side (this is something we are aware of)We are still able to raise that for you however.If you get in touch with the customer support guys they can help with that no problem!-Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)

Tried to do this, first time I was told to raise my own claim on the enquiry form, which obviously won't work.

Second time the support agent said hi then I was booted off live chat and given the feedback questions!

Not sure how I'm meant to raise the claim when none of the support guys are willing to help.
bloody hell, just bought through quidco now thinking twice.
Sweetcorn1226/11/2019 08:23

From past experiences,cash back from Sky is more likely never to …From past experiences,cash back from Sky is more likely never to materalise, Quidco/TCB could do better by letting people leave a feedback, without being moderated first, so users can get a truer picture of the retailer.

i have had a few sky tv cashback and they have always paid up. i also got the sky mobile cashback paid up as well so from my personal experience they have been quite reliable at honouring the cashback.

I've had cashback declined for no reason and despite contacting customer service they have not done anything for me. Other times they have helped but not all times. It's always a gamble I do feel topcashback is a little better than quidco though overall.

Just looking at my account I can see both admiral insurance and policy expert declined cashback without any fair reason to do so and they are both still on the topcashback site no doubt annoying other people that the randomly select not to honour cashback on.

Two companies I will never use again in my life.

On Quidco I only have Insure insurance declined. So that is 100% more major cashback declines on topcashback.

I'm not mentioning the smaller purchases declined as most of those were rightly declined (returned goods etc).
Also rate TCB.
I had 3 orders from Addidas (same product different size). I returned two and kept one.
Initially TCB cancelled all three, I then explained the situation and they honoured the offer. The cashback was £6 so was worth it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants