Expired

QUIDCO FRAUD

Found 1st Jun 2011
I keep having fraud on my bank account, these are direct debits from different companies like RAC AA and many different online insurance companies.
My bank does always get my money back in the end,

The reason for this message is, there is always a common factor, QUIDCO, each direct debit I have received which is fraud, the company in question always offers QUIDCO.

Is it possible these fraudsters are benefiting from still receiving the quidco cashback even though the insurance or breakdown cover is cancelled?

The latest direct debit today was from MCE Insurance, Not very helpful at all took just over 20 mins, to be told I have to contact my bank, (Which I already knew, just wanted to try and tell them about this scam)
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
Change bank account?
get the bank to cancel your card & send you a new card (it will have a new number)
quidco is a red herring.

remove your bank details from quidco if you still think its happening.

I highly doubt the debits you mention are direct debits anyway!
deleted265520
I didn't even know you could attach Quidco to your bank account. Wouldn't it be safer to have it linked to your paypal account then do any transfers to your bank account manually?
gotta say it...........

people still use quidco? oO
It was direct debits from my bank, but not the details I keep on Quidco, Quidco only pay same amouts to payal, anything over £40 has to be put into bank account.
I didn't say or imply that my bank details were obtained from quidco, I was simply pointing out that fraud was not to receive the insurance or breakdown cover, but the fraud was to receive the quidco cashback.

Reply from QUIDCO

Hi Dave,Regarding your post on Get Satisfaction, I am so sorry to hear of … Hi Dave,Regarding your post on Get Satisfaction, I am so sorry to hear of the trouble you have had with payments coming from your bank. Please do be assured that we take a very strict policy on fraud, we have a dedicated fraud department who deal directly with fraud and abuse. It is also one of the main reasons that we apply a validation period for each purchase, so the retailer can check into every purchase and verify that it is a real transaction.AA and RAC are two very common companies and also have a very strict policy on fraudulent transactions. Both companies have a 90 day validation period so that they can check that each policy that is purchased is genuine. We do not deal with a company called MCE Insurance, so it is highly unlikely that the fraud has taken place via Quidco.Please do be assured that your payment details enter a double encrypted system, so there is no way that someone would be able to obtain your bank details, even if they have your password. It is more likely that your bank details have been obtained from another source, and it will be best to discuss this with your bank as they will have measures in place for cases such as this.I would also like to assure you that no cashback will have been paid to fraudulent transactions if this were the case, we do have many steps in place to prevent this from happening.I hope you understand why I removed the post from Get Satisfaction; this is a public forum and with serious issues such as this, we would rather speak to you personally to clear up any concerns you have. Kind regards,RosieQuidcare

My reply.....

I would like to respectfully point out that you do offer quidco cash back on MCE Insurance, You offer £25.00

Here is a link http://www.quidco.com/mce-car-insurance-quidco-compare/?ac

I believe this is wrong to remove the post from the forum, as every part of this is true and can be backed up.

I didn't say or imply that my bank details were obtained from quidco, I was simply pointing out that fraud was not to receive the insurance or breakdown cover, but the fraud was to receive the quidco cashback.

If you do not understand what I am trying to bring to your attention, please feel free to contact me via telephone

Regards

David.

Get a new bank account......
So did they track on Quidco?
Don't know, it wouldn't have been on mine, and quidco won't tell me anything...
Well I reckon its a case of 2+2=17.
who's your bank op? i had major problems with Santandar , still none the wiser as to where it happened, the bank said my card had been cloned at one point a few weeks ago, but before that they had no idea, even had fraud on bank cards that were in the post and id not received them.
changed banks now which was a major hassle in the end but at least no more fraud

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants