Quidco Hacked

Found 27th Jan
Hi, just to make people aware... I noticed yesterday that i could no longer log into my Quidco account, so i checked my details on my phone which is always signed in, i found my email address had been changed to someone else's without my permission. Then i noticed a payment had been made via an android device (i dont own an android device) in Nov 17 using the amazon gift certificate pay out (presumably sent to the unknown email address). I suspect i wont get my money back (not a massive amount) however i hope this helps to make people aware and advise people to continually pay out your cashback to prevent any large sums being stolen. I have sent an email to Quidco support and i await their reply.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You should never use the internet, it's full of idiots & scammers.

19 Comments
Cool story bro.
Original Poster
Thanks
Original Poster
Thanks. Looks like my account must've slipped through the net as August was when the andoid user 1st logged into my account.
You should never use the internet, it's full of idiots & scammers.

Top Cash Back ask a security question prior to paying out by BACs.
Does Quidco not have something similar, or was that info also stolen from you?
Original Poster
Not sure, they withdrew it using amazon gift certificate which makes it sound like all they need is an email address to send a code to.
deleted1367315
I'm confused here. Was quidco hacked or were you hacked.
I hope you changed your email password and checked Email account to see if any funny rules have been applied.
Scan all devices for malware and if you find something then scan them again for a Trojan virus
Banned
Quidco is a total pile of dog poop.

You're lucky if anything tracks, and then you're even luckier if what does track ever gets paid out to you.

One gigantic con.
Original Poster
Just my quidco account that was hacked. From the link Wongy110 provided it looks like quite a few peoples accounts were hacked at the same time, quidco isnt something i check regularly so ive only just noticed the suspicious activity. But yes i have changed my passwords and checked everything else just to make sure.
Dilithium27 m ago

Quidco is a total pile of dog poop.You're lucky if anything tracks, and …Quidco is a total pile of dog poop.You're lucky if anything tracks, and then you're even luckier if what does track ever gets paid out to you.One gigantic con.

Not for me:

Member since 2007 - Total earned £10,440.75
Edited by: "Agharta" 27th Jan
Agharta15 m ago

Not for me:Member since 2007 - Total earned £10,440.75

£10.5k??? How much have you spent to earn that much! Haha

I would be interested to know how many of your transactions have been declined or still showing as tracking and not paid in the past 2 years?
Agharta17 m ago

Not for me:Member since 2007 - Total earned £10,440.75

Think your decimal point is in the wrong place
SteMoss7 m ago

£10.5k??? How much have you spent to earn that much! HahaI would be …£10.5k??? How much have you spent to earn that much! HahaI would be interested to know how many of your transactions have been declined or still showing as tracking and not paid in the past 2 years?

Been with them since 2007 as well, about £3k cash back in that time, never had any real issues with tracking and only declines a couple of times fixed when I raised issues. TcB on the other hand awful, poor tracking, declines for no reason and ages for money to come in. A mate who I got into cash back at the time has the opposite no idea why guess like many of these things it’s luck at the end of the day.
SteMoss1 h, 12 m ago

£10.5k??? How much have you spent to earn that much! HahaI would be …£10.5k??? How much have you spent to earn that much! HahaI would be interested to know how many of your transactions have been declined or still showing as tracking and not paid in the past 2 years?

Business expenses and not much failed to pay out.
I probably earned just as much from cancelled orders where they still paid than I lost from orders where they didn't pay out.
I see it all as a potential bonus so that's a pure £10.5K bonus in my eyes.
£6353 since 2006 here.

Used to be amazing but lately gone really downhill (over the last 2 years I'd say). Much higher reject rate and service is pants.
Member since 2006 • Total earned £2,329.76

I must be doing something wrong :(.
About 7k from TCB and Quidco in the last 10 years. It's not difficult really. Just general switching energy, insurances and tv/bb packages every year.
460 pounds since 2011 and 270 tcb
740 checkoutsmart since September 2014 mind
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants