Found 2nd Feb
I was looking into the company that owns this site Pepper Deals Ltd. I'm pretty sure they're linked with the company that owns Quidco. Thoughts?

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

Would make sense!

Linked in what way ?

I think it's declared somewhere. I know I've seen it before on one of their sites.

Tim Gibson. Shares a directorship in both according to Andy's link.

Original Poster

Yeah I just think sometimes they pick and choose deals and that might be why? Just my thought

SackCity

Yeah I just think sometimes they pick and choose deals and that might be … Yeah I just think sometimes they pick and choose deals and that might be why? Just my thought

Also there apears to be a link when clicking on deals from this site which takes you via a company called webgains. If you don't clear your cookies once on the site and you try to claim cashback from quidco then you can find that cashback is not paid and the money goes to......webgains!

The guy who created Quidco had something to do with HUKD's.

marty-401

Also there apears to be a link when clicking on deals from this site … Also there apears to be a link when clicking on deals from this site which takes you via a company called webgains. If you don't clear your cookies once on the site and you try to claim cashback from quidco then you can find that cashback is not paid and the money goes to......webgains!

Every click through to an external / merchant site from HUKD is via affiliate link. The income from those links is how HUKD is funded. Assuming that the links are not biased against the interests of HUKD members then it is a reasonably way to raise revenue to fund the site, otherwise some sort of HUKD membership subscription would be required. The affiliate methodology is openly stated at the HUKD "About" page hotukdeals.com/about

AndyRoyd

Every click through to an external / merchant site from HUKD is via … Every click through to an external / merchant site from HUKD is via affiliate link. The income from those links is how HUKD is funded. Assuming that the links are not biased against the interests of HUKD members then it is a reasonably way to raise revenue to fund the site, otherwise some sort of HUKD membership subscription would be required. The affiliate methodology is openly stated at the HUKD "About" page http://www.hotukdeals.com/about

Yes but when I swapped energy suppier via a hukd deal and was expecting £30 for swapping and received nothing I checked with the energy supplier and they said it had been paid to webgains....a bit bleeding rich I thought.

marty-401

Yes but when I swapped energy suppier via a hukd deal and was expecting … Yes but when I swapped energy suppier via a hukd deal and was expecting £30 for swapping and received nothing I checked with the energy supplier and they said it had been paid to webgains....a bit bleeding rich I thought.

Polite suggestion for future Quidco use (and any other cashback site): close all browser tabs except the one displaying Quidco, clear cookies, login to quidco, click through to merchant via the links provided by Quidco. Do not visit any other website in between those steps. TBH, you probably already know this.

Original Poster

marty-401

Yes but when I swapped energy suppier via a hukd deal and was expecting … Yes but when I swapped energy suppier via a hukd deal and was expecting £30 for swapping and received nothing I checked with the energy supplier and they said it had been paid to webgains....a bit bleeding rich I thought.

I guess that's where they have the advantage!

AndyRoyd

Polite suggestion for future Quidco use (and any other cashback site): … Polite suggestion for future Quidco use (and any other cashback site): close all browser tabs except the one displaying Quidco, clear cookies, login to quidco, click through to merchant via the links provided by Quidco. Do not visit any other website in between those steps. TBH, you probably already know this.

Yes, thanks. I have for a while....but I learnt the hard way.
Edited by: "marty-401" 3rd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769205
    2. word association Game74244853
    3. Add one, leave one game54315380
    4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would34135

See more discussions