Quidco putting Linkedin cookies on my PC..

Posted 12th Feb
Around a year ago i kept getting Facebook cookies on my PC, but i don't use Facebook..
i found that it was Quidco putting these tracking cookies on my PC, so i blocked the FB cookies in Chrome/cookie settings and never got them again,

But now Quidco are putting Linkedin cookies on my PC, i dont use Linkedin and i dont want their tracking cookies, i tried to block them in Chrome/cookies settings but they still appear from just opening Quidco website,

Should i be concerned about this?
i dont want to be tracked by companies i dont use
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
If you don't want to be tracked I wouldn't go anywhere near Google Chrome in general.

Firefox has Facebook container which completely separates everything Facebook related from tracking you across sites which may appeal to you.

Linkedin is Microsoft owned so if you are using Windows then not much difference in having those cookies.
Edited by: "jamie15" 12th Feb
I just browse in Incognito Mode
Use firefox then, google is very insecure when it comes to privacy
Firefox Incognito
uBlock Origin Add-on

uBlock doesn't just block sites, it can block individual elements of a page. On a typical MSN.com story it blocks over 100 unwanted items.
how do you know it is quidco that has put these cookies on your pc?
Roger_Irrelevant12/02/2020 22:02

Firefox IncognitouBlock Origin Add-onuBlock doesn't just block sites, it …Firefox IncognitouBlock Origin Add-onuBlock doesn't just block sites, it can block individual elements of a page. On a typical MSN.com story it blocks over 100 unwanted items.

Fire fox has anti trackers built in anyways and that catches majority of them would use an add blocker like ublock as mentioned
Misly12/02/2020 23:11

Fire fox has anti trackers built in anyways and that catches majority of …Fire fox has anti trackers built in anyways and that catches majority of them would use an add blocker like ublock as mentioned

Kinda counter-productive without tweaks when the success of Quidco function is based on tracking.
Misly12/02/2020 23:11

Fire fox has anti trackers built in anyways and that catches majority of …Fire fox has anti trackers built in anyways and that catches majority of them would use an add blocker like ublock as mentioned

It's more than ad blocker though; I've not had time to learn the scripting language it (and Ad-Block Plus) use but it's massively powerful.

Including "Element Zapper" so if there's a popup you don't want you can select just that, see the source code that caused it then create a new rule.
AndyRoyd12/02/2020 23:16

Kinda counter-productive without tweaks when the success of Quidco …Kinda counter-productive without tweaks when the success of Quidco function is based on tracking.

This exactly, hence why I didn't suggest anything more extreme.
mutley112/02/2020 22:08

how do you know it is quidco that has put these cookies on your pc?

because i checked cookies before and after opening quidco
If you don't like being tracked, might be best not using Quidco at all.
As both a techy and the proud owner of several tin foil hats, I can confidently advise that you have been tracked, are being tracked and will be tracked despite everything you do to prevent it.

your efforts to hide are puny in comparison to modern tech. You can ditch your PC but you also need to ditch your phone, bank accounts and credit cards, all of which gather and sell data about you.

take a chill pill
Edited by: "ccnp" 14th Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants