Quidco Refusing to pay cashback

Posted 23rd Mar
Hi, Bit of a rant here

Me and a few others sat down and took out a contract with Virgin Mobile, 24GB, Ultd Texts & 5000 mins. I saw on quidco that they was £90 cashback for this specific contract. I did everything correctly and It tracked at £5 and they replied with

"Hi Harrison,

Thank you for getting back to us with that i have looked into this for you now and the rates available on the day of your purchase for sim only deals are as follows :

£48 cashback for unlimited data for £32 on a 12 month SIM only contract upgrade
£20 cashback for 15GB of data for £13 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£20 cashback for all SIM free handsets
£15 cashback for 8GB of data for £8 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£15 cashback for 2GB of data for £6 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£5 cashback for 24GB of data for £12 on a 12 month SIM only contract

so the £5 cashback is the correct rate for the product purchased on the day. I hope this has helped and you have a lovely day.

Kind Regards
Demi
Support Team"

If it would have said £5 I wouldn't have clicked it!!

Is they anything I can do?
I have emailed their complaints email.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Doesn't make sense why 24gb cashback would be lower than then the ones that are lower GB. Did you see a deal on here posted for it? Maybe you can show the link to them.
TCB were offering £10 on the 24GB deal earlier this month March 2020.
did you take a screenshot of the cashback before you made the purchase? i always do in case i have to raise a ticket. without evidence you won't be able to make a claim.
AndyRoyd23/03/2020 19:16

Can we see the archives please?

AndyRoyd23/03/2020 19:16

I noticed! But it said £90 on quidoc
mutley123/03/2020 19:17

did you take a screenshot of the cashback before you made the purchase? i …did you take a screenshot of the cashback before you made the purchase? i always do in case i have to raise a ticket. without evidence you won't be able to make a claim.

I have never thought of that!
dimelow200623/03/2020 19:20

I have never thought of that!

problem now is that it is your word against theirs and as they are the ones having to give the money, they will stand by their judgement. even with proof they can still say it was an error on their website and they are not going to honour it, but at least you have a better chance of claiming than no evidence.

with cashback it is never certain or guaranteed so if they don't cough up then there is very little that you can do. you can't really buy a product banking on the cashback payout as it has to be treated as a bonus if you get it. i don't think you are going to get anything more than £5 if that is what it has tracked at and they have already looked at your query and made a decision that they are right and you are wrong.
AndyRoyd23/03/2020 19:27

24GB SIMO TCB £10 archive from 21 March 2020 at …24GB SIMO TCB £10 archive from 21 March 2020 at http://archive.is/56M3bQuidco archive 22 March 2020 stating "up to £90" and being clarified on same page as "£5 cashback" at http://archive.is/nglzm

Cheers

24GB SIMO TCB £10 archive from 21 March 2020 at …24GB SIMO TCB £10 archive from 21 March 2020 at http://archive.is/56M3bQuidco archive 22 March 2020 stating "up to £90" and being clarified on same page as "£5 cashback" at http://archive.is/nglzm

Thank you so much!

Just emailed them now

I had the same problem,anyway of finding out virgin mobile Black Friday please
ibzy45823/03/2020 19:40

I had the same problem,anyway of finding out virgin mobile Black Friday …I had the same problem,anyway of finding out virgin mobile Black Friday please

If you know the VM deal URL, throw it into the archive search box at web.archive.org/ and also archive.is/
with polite reminder that the << search >> box is not the same as the << save >> box ( ! ).
I had an issue with them when i bought a refurbished phone through giffgaff via quidco, it said 60% cashback on the day i bought it but only tracked at £5 so once it became confirmed and ready to pay i raised a claim that gave me the option to pick the offer i had on the day of purchase. It's taken about 8 weeks for the claim to come in but they finally paid me the 60% cashback i was owed.
Edited by: "stu1991" 23rd Mar
Hi Everyone,
They have said now that the promotions box doesn't apply. When I know from previous experiences what I have done is correct and tracks.

Is they anything I can do now?

As since ive been laid off I really need that cashback.

Hi Harrison,

I'm sorry that you've had an issue and have had a cause to complain on this occasion. For your reference the case ID for this complaint is 02217598.

I've reviewed your emails just now to see there looks to be some confusion over the rates at the time of purchase. I've put the full rates below;

£90 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff above £50.00 on a 36 month contract
£85 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff above £50.00 on a 24 month contract
£75 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £40.00 - £49.99 on a 36 month contract
£70 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £40.00 - £49.99 on a 24 month contract
£65 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £30.00 - £39.99 on a 36 month contract
£60 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £30.00 - £39.99 on a 24 month contract
£45 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £20.00 - £29.99 on a 36 month contract
£30 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £11.00 - £19.99 on a 36 month contract
£40 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £20.00 - £29.99 on a 24 month contract
£48 cashback for unlimited data for £32 on a 12 month SIM only contract upgrade
£20 cashback for 15GB of data for £13 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£20 cashback for all SIM free handsets
£15 cashback for 8GB of data for £8 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£15 cashback for 2GB of data for £6 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£5 cashback for 24GB of data for £12 on a 12 month SIM only contract
£20 cashback for a pay monthly handset contract with a tariff between £11.00 - £19.99 on a 24 month contract

From the screenshot you've sent over, I can see you've sent over a screenshot of the offers at the top of the page. Apologies for any confusion caused, most retailers have two sections on their Quidco page the first being "Online Offers and Promotions", this contains offers from the retailer such as advertisements for sales or specific products, the cashback rate at this stage will state "up to X amount".

The more detailed section where you can see the specifics of what amount of cashback you get for what purchase are under the "Online Cashback Rates" title. This is the part of the page members should always check before making a purchase.

I hope this helps however if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get back in touch.

Kind Regards
Kyle
Complaints Team
dimelow200624/03/2020 13:01

Hi Everyone,They have said now that the promotions box doesn't apply. When …Hi Everyone,They have said now that the promotions box doesn't apply. When I know from previous experiences what I have done is correct and tracks.Is they anything I can do now?As since ive been laid off I really need that cashback.

TBH I'm always up for defending the consumer cause but I read the archive as exactly what it says: "up to £90" and clarified on same page as actually "£5 cashback," so the cashback being £5 is undeniably clear, but...
there is no clear indication (repeat: no clear indication) why there would'nt be a different meaning to the earlier mention of "up to £90" in relation to that specific 24GB deal which has its own clickable link completely seperate to the £5 offer, especially if £90 CB is not or would not be applicable to the 24GB deal. So one line of attack may be:

"If a term in a consumer contract, or a consumer notice, could have different meanings, the meaning that is most favourable to the consumer is to prevail."
Consumer Rights Act 2015 Part 2 Section 69 (1) as stated at legislation.gov.uk/ukp…ted

Whether that route has any practical / enforceable / worthwhile legs may be best answered by some legal professional rather than any archair lawyers.
Getting cash out of them at this point would be like farting in the wind and trying to smell it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants