Expired

Quidco Reviews Meaningless..

Found 24th Feb 2015
So since about 12 months ago i have started to leave feedback/reviews on Quidco & TCB about retailers,

I leave a fair and honest comments, for example here is feedback I left about Next.

"Next offer a nice range of clothing and home furnishings although tend to be be lacking in electrical items, delivery is very fast, and prices are fair for clothing although high for other items, typical mail order really, interest is quite high."

not much but it offers a little info to potential customers..

Well it turns out all my reviews that have any negative info about the retailers have been declined by Quidco! and that they have decided not to use these reviews, yet all my positive reviews have been used..

Quidco based these review denials as making room for other reviews!

seems you cannot trust review/feedback anymore.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
32 Comments

Banned

It a business why would they want to ut people of going through them to buy things?

Banned

Why would people need to look at reviews of popular high street / retail park stores that they have probably already visited a sufficient number of times and thus have an informed opinion by now?

Original Poster

bazzamone

It a business why would they want to ut people of going through them to … It a business why would they want to ut people of going through them to buy things?

Villa

Why would people need to look at reviews of popular high street / retail … Why would people need to look at reviews of popular high street / retail park stores that they have probably already visited a sufficient number of times and thus have an informed opinion by now?

I know, I know, but then do not let people leave feedback if they are going to cherry pick that feedback.. i respect a site that allows unbiased information.

Banned

Villa

Why would people need to look at reviews of popular high street / retail … Why would people need to look at reviews of popular high street / retail park stores that they have probably already visited a sufficient number of times and thus have an informed opinion by now?

not every person ever has used every store ever

The point is as I believe that they are keeping good reviews and discarding negative reviews which is wrong

OP they shouldn't be doing this. Just write a very short complaint (a simple e-mail) to this department.

Quidco

Our aim is to provide a first class service at all times. However, if you … Our aim is to provide a first class service at all times. However, if you wish to register a complaint, please contact the Quality Team.They will respond to you promptly and they will keep you informed of the progress of your complaint. A decision about your complaint will be made within eight weeks.After the final decision has been made and no settlement has been reached, you may be entitled to refer this to the Financial Ombudsman Service, for an independent assessment and opinion.The FOS Consumer Helpline contact telephone is 0845 080 1800 and their address is:Financial Ombudsman ServiceSouth Quay Plaza183 Marsh WallLondonE14 9SR

You can contact the Quality Team on this link. HTH.

Don't like them, they never pay out for me. When I ask why, they just tell me they won't discuss it. Even my transaction history is gone. This doesn't surprise me.

Banned

Wow, the above two posts sound like a site I know.

Villa

Wow, the above two posts sound like a site I know.

You mean mine and MSK's? And what site you talking about?

I hate Quidco they are utter *****...... They still owe me 13p from an order I made with Play in 2007.

Sorry to inform you, but this is how the majority of review sites work, especially the ones retailers pay for. Retailer has the ability to communicate with the reviewer, if the reviewer fails to respond to the retailer, the feedback is not published. If the retailer says anything different, even if it is outright lies or just bending the truth slightly, the review will not be published. Last, but by no means least, if the retailer and reviewer cannot come to an agreement on the feedback/rating/solving the customers problems, the review site moderators will mediate and in 99% of cases, the review will not be published.

Why else do you think you see "independent review" scores of companies and their products with a very small minority of negative reviews? This keeps the retail a 5/5, Gold, or whatever tag you want to give it - essentially, these review sites give retailers discounts if they have a higher rating, thus, enticing them to continue to pay for the rating and reviews. Since they have a high rating, potential customers think they have excellent products/delivery/customer service/etc and go ahead and place an order. Around and around the vicious cycle goes.

Quidco are doing exactly as described - both the retailer and Quidco want the retailers reviews to look good because it's a win-win for both parties.

It's wrong they get away with it. It's completely misleading you into thinking a shop is better than it actually is. There should be a consumer law to stop review sites being manipulated like that.

GrantG182

Sorry to inform you, but this is how the majority of review sites work, … Sorry to inform you, but this is how the majority of review sites work, especially the ones retailers pay for. Retailer has the ability to communicate with the reviewer, if the reviewer fails to respond to the retailer, the feedback is not published. If the retailer says anything different, even if it is outright lies or just bending the truth slightly, the review will not be published. Last, but by no means least, if the retailer and reviewer cannot come to an agreement on the feedback/rating/solving the customers problems, the review site moderators will mediate and in 99% of cases, the review will not be published.Why else do you think you see "independent review" scores of companies and their products with a very small minority of negative reviews? This keeps the retail a 5/5, Gold, or whatever tag you want to give it - essentially, these review sites give retailers discounts if they have a higher rating, thus, enticing them to continue to pay for the rating and reviews. Since they have a high rating, potential customers think they have excellent products/delivery/customer service/etc and go ahead and place an order. Around and around the vicious cycle goes.Quidco are doing exactly as described - both the retailer and Quidco want the retailers reviews to look good because it's a win-win for both parties.

LOL like most companies even bother to communicate with the reviewer.

moneysavingkitten

LOL like most companies even bother to communicate with the reviewer.

Unfortunately that is where you are wrong as that is the only time reviews - good or bad - will be published. Retailer can still dispute it after publication, mind.

GrantG182

Unfortunately that is where you are wrong as that is the only time … Unfortunately that is where you are wrong as that is the only time reviews - good or bad - will be published. Retailer can still dispute it after publication, mind.

Haritori has had negative reviews rejected with no communication. I have on other websites. You seem to have some insight, why do you think all retailers will communicate with reviewers, just because they have the ability to?

Have I misunderstood what you said?

moneysavingkitten

Haritori has had negative reviews rejected with no communication. I have … Haritori has had negative reviews rejected with no communication. I have on other websites. You seem to have some insight, why do you think all retailers will communicate with reviewers, just because they have the ability to?Have I misunderstood what you said?

It's part of the remediation process - Trustpilot, Feefo, eKomi, Reevoo, etc, all do this or similar. Most review sites require remediation first (as per my previous comment), some will allow outright removal of a review, particularly if another retailer or brand is mentioned in the review, inappropriate language or anything else which could be even remotely defamatory, without any communication with the reviewer. Correct, I do have enough insight and experience of this, not from a reviewers side either.
Edited by: "GrantG182" 24th Feb 2015

GrantG182

It's part of the remediation process - Trustpilot, Feefo, eKomi, Reevoo, … It's part of the remediation process - Trustpilot, Feefo, eKomi, Reevoo, etc, all do this or similar. Most review sites require remediation first (as per my previous comment), some will allow outright removal of a review, particularly if another retailer or brand is mentioned in the review, inappropriate language or anything else which could be even remotely defamatory, without any communication with the reviewer. Correct, I do have enough insight and experience of this.

It sounds reasonable, but that hasn't been my experience. I've had the same thing happen as the OP, positive reviews published, negative ones rejected with no communication. Perhaps they were sites that did not have an independent reviewing process, I don't know
Edited by: "MSK." 24th Feb 2015

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

It sounds reasonable, but that hasn't been my experience. I've had the … It sounds reasonable, but that hasn't been my experience. I've had the same thing happen as the OP, positive reviews published, negative ones rejected with no communication.

I posted a bad experience on trust pilot a couple of years back, another review which was rejected with no communication.. the only places I have experienced to keep negative reviews are Trip Advisor and Amazon, and I suppose eBay..
Edited by: "haritori" 24th Feb 2015

haritori

I posted a bad experience on trust pilot a couple of years back, another … I posted a bad experience on trust pilot a couple of years back, another review which was rejected with no communication.. the only places im experience to keep negative reviews are Trip Advisor and Amazon, and I suppose eBay..

Correct, plus, there's Google too. Why? The retailer isn't paying for the review service and both Amazon and eBay depend on retailers offering their products on their platforms...as does Google to some extent now.

haritori

I posted a bad experience on trust pilot a couple of years back, another … I posted a bad experience on trust pilot a couple of years back, another review which was rejected with no communication.. the only places im experience to keep negative reviews are Trip Advisor and Amazon, and I suppose eBay..

I have managed to post a couple of (very) negative reviews on Trust Pilot without them being removed. I wonder why that is?

It's mostly clothing websites I have had this trouble with, where I have said the fit is not true to size, or the item is poorly finished.

Yep left a bad review myself because cashback was declined for no reason, just that the seller said no. I received a message the next day saying the review will not be posted due to not passing moderation. Think just recently a ok review has been removed due to change in sellers policy

Agree completely - don't take the Quidco feedback information with anything other than a large pinch of salt.
The only time I have tried to leave reviews, they have been for poor service, in an effort to warn others. All of my reviews have been declined. No profanity, no libellous comments - just a true record of the transaction.
Reviews are certainly cherry picked and in no way representative.

fivegoldstars

Agree completely - don't take the Quidco feedback information with … Agree completely - don't take the Quidco feedback information with anything other than a large pinch of salt.The only time I have tried to leave reviews, they have been for poor service, in an effort to warn others. All of my reviews have been declined. No profanity, no libellous comments - just a true record of the transaction. Reviews are certainly cherry picked and in no way representative.

So you only leave reviews for bad service? Is that any better than what Quidco have done?

RossD89

So you only leave reviews for bad service? Is that any better than what … So you only leave reviews for bad service? Is that any better than what Quidco have done?

I leave reviews for good service and for poor service - unfortunately, I've never had an experience which would result in the former. I don't leave reviews for run of the mill, standard transactions - they would be pretty pointless. I buy something, they send it, cashback is paid. It's what you would expect to happen, no more, no less.
If a retailer is generally good, but I leave a bad review, that should not skew its rating. Likewise, if they are inherently poor and I praise them, the average rating should still be negative. However, if Quidco decide not to publish the review, the rating is artificially altered. So, in answer to your question, Quidco's actions are worse as they are being selective in which reviews they accept, effectively falsifying ratings. Quidco should look at the ebay/Amazon model of feedback.

fivegoldstars

Quidco should look at the ebay model of feedback.

http://www.nkayesel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/jack-nicholson-lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1658.gif

Is this the ebay feedback model that doesn't allow a seller to leave negative feedback under any circumstances, purely on the basis that sellers could leave 'tit for tat' negative feedback?

Edited by: "deeky" 22nd Jun 2015

Tbf that is a failing - but your criticism of it only reinforces the fact that what Quidco are doing is wrong.
Re their rating system, I was talking more about the buyer feedback which pretty much accepts and collates all responses to give a true reflection.

fivegoldstars

Tbf that is a failing - but your criticism of it only reinforces the fact … Tbf that is a failing - but your criticism of it only reinforces the fact that what Quidco are doing is wrong.Re their rating system, I was talking more about the buyer feedback which pretty much accepts and collates all responses to give a true reflection.

Their buyer feedback model is no better and is the complete opposite of what Quidco are allegedly doing, in that they allow obviously wrong and vindictive feedback to remain. I have 350+ positive feedback, not just figures, but loads of glowing reports going back 12 years. I had a non-paying dispute with a new member (3 weeks a member) which ended in him leaving feedback calling me a thief, and a fraudulent seller. Upon checking his other 'feedback left for others' he had left no less that 12 identical negative feedbacks (no positives at all), all on members with loads of previously unblemished feedback. ebay refused point blank to remove it, saying 'the buyer has left feedback which he feels is an honest appraisal of the transaction'.

Don't tell me about ebay's feedback policy.

I don't see a deal wrong with that. Your positive rating is still 350 to 1. That's a true reflection of your customers experiences. If I were to buy from you, I would likely see that one as a blip, and trust the overwhelming number of positive responses. At the end of the day ebay haven't done a deal wrong there - the customer has left his version of events. It doesn't match yours, but I believe you get the option to leave a comment against the feedback? Whilst it's galling to receive poor feedback - especially if you believe its not warranted - it happens, and by reporting it, it keeps the whole system transparent and fair.

fivegoldstars

I don't see a deal wrong with that.

I stopped reading here. Thanks for you input.

Did you treat your customer like that?

moneysavingkitten

Don't like them, they never pay out for me. When I ask why, they just … Don't like them, they never pay out for me. When I ask why, they just tell me they won't discuss it. Even my transaction history is gone. This doesn't surprise me.

No comment on all this review business.

Surprised they don't pay out though. I've never had problems with that side of things. Had to make a few claims before I realised having loads and loads of tabs open caused it problems, but they usually got accepted too.

I got £590 available to payment, that means the companies already give the money to QUIDCO , and QUIDCO took his commission but still don't giving me my part !!
I sending emails and messages they taking ages to answer and some times they don't answer..
They said I couldn't do it to help my friend trough my account but I told them I didn't know and I won't do it again.. the intesting thing is WHY they didnt tell me it before.. they just tell me after my money arrive to them.. and know?? they gonna give the money back to BT, etc.. ???
I don't know what else I can do to get my money from there..
After new year will try go to Citizen Adviser to help me.
Im so disappointed, I had other cash back web site that I could choice but I found QUIDCO was the best.. : (
Please if someone know a way to process them let me know.. THANK YOU.

Gonzalo10

I got £590 available to payment, that means the companies already give … I got £590 available to payment, that means the companies already give the money to QUIDCO , and QUIDCO took his commission but still don't giving me my part !! I sending emails and messages they taking ages to answer and some times they don't answer.. They said I couldn't do it to help my friend trough my account but I told them I didn't know and I won't do it again.. the intesting thing is WHY they didnt tell me it before.. they just tell me after my money arrive to them.. and know?? they gonna give the money back to BT, etc.. ??? I don't know what else I can do to get my money from there.. After new year will try go to Citizen Adviser to help me. Im so disappointed, I had other cash back web site that I could choice but I found QUIDCO was the best.. : ( Please if someone know a way to process them let me know.. THANK YOU.

Anybody that makes the effort to join here for personal gratification gets absolutely NOTHING!

Happy New Year!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions