Groups
    EXPIRED

Quidco: What does this garbage mean?

Hi,

Your transaction has been declined due to competing cookies.

A competing cookie is when another affiliate has been credited with the cashback. To reduce the risk of this happening in further transactions, please carry out the following steps:

(1) Make sure your computer & browser are configured properly
    (2) Clear cookies & cache, disable pop-up, ad, & image-blockers.
    (3) Log into Quidco and click on the merchant link on the Quidco site.
    (4) Do not use voucher or other discount codes unless they came from the Quidco site.
    (5) Do not use "refer a friend" programs or promotional links from other sites.
    (6) Complete your purchase online, all in one session.
    (7) Do not use a saved quote from a comparison site.
    (8) Do not search other sites whilst completing a transaction on Quidco.

This transaction will not be able to be reinvestigated by the affiliate network because the commission as been rewarded to another publisher.

Kind Regards,

QuidCare

I have only a quidco account.

13 Comments

Do you use Topcashback?

Banned

Are you talking about the o2 sims? Mine tracked immediately...

It means that instead of registering your click through from quidco, it registered you as clicking through from another site such as this one and therefore they get paid instead of you :-( sucks

Original Poster

Huh that sucks it was for AA home insurance and I went direct?

Original Poster

Do not use a saved quote from a comparison site. Could it be the qoute number?

Banned

Insurance is terribly hit and miss because referrals are very important. You should have used a seperate browser, or wiped out all your temp files and cookies before doing it.

If you went through a comparison site and then closed that down and went through quidco the comparison site will get the commission.

When I use a comparison site I do it on a different house number down my road but with the exact same details (in a fake name). Get the quote and then go through quidco.

Original Poster

vibeone;8211322

Insurance is terribly hit and miss because referrals are very important. … Insurance is terribly hit and miss because referrals are very important. You should have used a seperate browser, or wiped out all your temp files and cookies before doing it.

I used it on a different system from the qoute to be fair and I only used the qoute number, either way to be sure is to go direct.

Original Poster

Thanks for you replies guys. At least thats explained. Will be careful in future.

When using confused and the like never put in your registration, manually add the car, also use a false name and add couple of days to your date of birh.

When you then decide to buy clear cookies and start a fresh quote from the place you are going to buy from.

Banned

Adam2050;8211366

Thanks for you replies guys. At least thats explained. Will be careful in … Thanks for you replies guys. At least thats explained. Will be careful in future.

easiest way to get commission is use a different browser. I use IE solely for quidco.

None of this clearing cookie nonsense etc is required.

Banned

it means theyve got your cash and theyre fobbing you off

Banned

massmail666;8213052

did u use confused.com??? coz they take the quidco. I always suggest … did u use confused.com??? coz they take the quidco. I always suggest using them to find the cheapest and then clear cookies etc and go through quidco.can u imagine how much money confused.com makes from referrals for insurance!!! easily (£50 per person)

they all do on them comparison sites........how you think they afford these huge marketing campaigns
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      2. What is there free to do in your town?25
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278965
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions