Quietest dehumidifier.

Posted 29th Dec 2019
is there such a thing as a quieter dehumidifier please?
We could do with one running all night in the bedroom at times... where there's lots of condensation. Our eco air is too noisy. Thanks all.
Community Updates
Ask
22 Comments
Not sure of your budget or if it would suit your type of house but we have a nuaire drimaster in our attic. No noise and no condensation anymore. It's been well worth the money for us
Have a look at Meaco DD8L Zambezi.
I didn't buy this, went for EcoAir DD1 as the Meaco was out of budget. The Meaco has good reviews and says it is quiet but who knows until you test it.

Just out of interest, do you need to have it on all night? I put ours in hallway and put it on for 2 hours daily, has really helped with condensation issue. I suggest for the first few days put it your room on full setting not eco mode and let it do its job. Once you notice the condensation has come down then get into a habit of turning it on daily. This is what i did and it seems to have improved the condensation issue. Another tip, try not to open doors and windows for too long as you are letting in cold damp air.
timer?

run it when up & out?
Have a window open? Much healthier than drying out stale air.
no, there is a no quiet dehumidifier. there are quieter dehumidifier.

you won't be able to sleep with the machine running and you don't need to run the machine overnight, just run it during the day and give it a rest at night. it has an automatic shut off so when the container is full, it will stop extracting moisture. best just let it run when you are out at work and empty the bucket when you get in.
Ringfinger29/12/2019 16:39

Have a window open? Much healthier than drying out stale air.

if your property suffer from humidity, having a window open won't be enough to remove the damp.
also in the winter months, having a window open can let more damp and cold air into the house, which won't help with the problem.
smm8729/12/2019 16:34

Not sure of your budget or if it would suit your type of house but we have …Not sure of your budget or if it would suit your type of house but we have a nuaire drimaster in our attic. No noise and no condensation anymore. It's been well worth the money for us

We've been looking at these. I've just read mixed reviews. Not sure we'd like the cool air blowing in the hallway. Not ruled it out though. Thanks.
Killer29/12/2019 16:34

Have a look at Meaco DD8L Zambezi.I didn't buy this, went for EcoAir DD1 …Have a look at Meaco DD8L Zambezi.I didn't buy this, went for EcoAir DD1 as the Meaco was out of budget. The Meaco has good reviews and says it is quiet but who knows until you test it.Just out of interest, do you need to have it on all night? I put ours in hallway and put it on for 2 hours daily, has really helped with condensation issue. I suggest for the first few days put it your room on full setting not eco mode and let it do its job. Once you notice the condensation has come down then get into a habit of turning it on daily. This is what i did and it seems to have improved the condensation issue. Another tip, try not to open doors and windows for too long as you are letting in cold damp air.

We run ours about four hours a day but bedroom window still streaming when nights are cold. Maybe we'll buy another and leave on for longer. It's full length window and even the carpet is getting wet and black 😞
Which ecoair do you have? How much water is it collecting in 4 hrs? Do you set it on the 2 drop setting which makes it work harder?
cpayne5829/12/2019 16:49

We run ours about four hours a day but bedroom window still streaming when …We run ours about four hours a day but bedroom window still streaming when nights are cold. Maybe we'll buy another and leave on for longer. It's full length window and even the carpet is getting wet and black 😞

Is it just condensing on the window?

Have you looked into how much it'd cost to replace the glazing unit? A better insulated one will keep the inside face warmer and have less water condensing on it.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 29th Dec 2019
cpayne5829/12/2019 16:49

We run ours about four hours a day but bedroom window still streaming when …We run ours about four hours a day but bedroom window still streaming when nights are cold. Maybe we'll buy another and leave on for longer. It's full length window and even the carpet is getting wet and black 😞

Have you got a Karcher Window Vac? I use this to remove any condensation each morning from the bedroom windows.

Do this for a week or so and dehumidify for most of the day and unless you have a major damp problem I suspect the amount of condensation will be greatly reduced.
Unibond Aero works well, no moving parts. May need a couple depending on size of room. Get refills in Wilkos.

amazon.co.uk/Moi…4G/

Read the reviews and see what you think. Anything with a condenser and fan is going to be noisy....
Killer29/12/2019 16:55

Which ecoair do you have? How much water is it collecting in 4 hrs? Do you …Which ecoair do you have? How much water is it collecting in 4 hrs? Do you set it on the 2 drop setting which makes it work harder?

DC18. We vary 2 and 1 drop. Just emptied after four hours and it was over half full. I've left it running now.. Although it's milder tonight so won't be a problem. I think maybe we're just not using it enough. Or.. Maybe not really powerful enough for whole bungalow.. only two bedroomed but 🤷
EndlessWaves29/12/2019 17:03

Is it just condensing on the window? Have you looked into how much it'd …Is it just condensing on the window? Have you looked into how much it'd cost to replace the glazing unit? A better insulated one will keep the inside face warmer and have less water condensing on it.

Yeah that's on list of options. There's a patch on ceiling too. Not much but occasional patches to pop up.
Van197329/12/2019 17:08

Have you got a Karcher Window Vac? I use this to remove any condensation …Have you got a Karcher Window Vac? I use this to remove any condensation each morning from the bedroom windows. Do this for a week or so and dehumidify for most of the day and unless you have a major damp problem I suspect the amount of condensation will be greatly reduced.

Yeah we use that too with window vac. As you say I think it needs to be on longer now.
smm8729/12/2019 16:34

Not sure of your budget or if it would suit your type of house but we have …Not sure of your budget or if it would suit your type of house but we have a nuaire drimaster in our attic. No noise and no condensation anymore. It's been well worth the money for us

How expensive are these to run?
Gollywood29/12/2019 19:58

I've read really cheap. £5 a year or something like.
Gollywood29/12/2019 19:58

Not 100% sure of exact costs but when we looked into it it said a few pence a day and we haven't noticed any increase in our bills. Depending on the temperature and moisture level in the house it will automatically go off so It doesn't run all year round.
I’m yet to find a quiet dehumidifier. The one I have I only use downstairs during the night but I still have to mop the windows in the morning plus mine will only work if the room temp is above 18c which in the winter months it’s not
I've decided to try another dehumidifier for now.. some say one isn't enough.. and I'll run them for longer.. Got the Meaco Dry ABC Range? 10L for £139 for now. If that doesn't help I may go for the drimaster in the attic. Thanks for all help and input. Happy New Year all x
cpayne5830/12/2019 18:06

I've decided to try another dehumidifier for now.. some say one isn't …I've decided to try another dehumidifier for now.. some say one isn't enough.. and I'll run them for longer.. Got the Meaco Dry ABC Range? 10L for £139 for now. If that doesn't help I may go for the drimaster in the attic. Thanks for all help and input. Happy New Year all x

we have the delonghi dem 10 and that was decent value. it is not the quietest of dehumidfier but it was fine if you left it on during the day time. it extracted a lot of water and was voted the best value dehumifier for many years. i don't think it is the best value any more.

ebac is the best dehumidfier on the market i believe for extraction rate but it is pricey.
Update.. for anyone with same problems..
The Meaco dry ABC 10l is much quieter.
We've left the two running all day for three days.. Not nighttime.. And now with both on low and not one drop of condensation.
Will think about the drimaster next winter but meanwhile this is great.
Thanks again for help.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants