Quince gin and which mixer??

Found 30th Mar
I picked up a bottle in Waitrose this morning and not sure what would work best, suggestions please. Thanks very much!!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Lime works quite well with fever tree tonic
Original Poster
cmdr_elito3 m ago

Lime works quite well with fever tree tonic

Thanks very much, will give it a go tomorrow!
its nice with ginger beer
ndempsey56 m ago

Thanks very much, will give it a go tomorrow!

Don’t be tempted by cheap tonics, there’s a reason most pubs and bars use fever tree. It’s because it good!

I normally use the normal one but they have also created a number of other flavours like Mediterranean which are nice too.
cmdr_elito3 h, 10 m ago

Don’t be tempted by cheap tonics, there’s a reason most pubs and bars use f …Don’t be tempted by cheap tonics, there’s a reason most pubs and bars use fever tree. It’s because it good! I normally use the normal one but they have also created a number of other flavours like Mediterranean which are nice too.

That is total rubbish, people who know about gin use Schweppes. The new pricey brands are just a marketing gimmick.
termite7 h, 55 m ago

That is total rubbish, people who know about gin use Schweppes. The new …That is total rubbish, people who know about gin use Schweppes. The new pricey brands are just a marketing gimmick.

I think that's a bit like saying everyone knows that Coca-Cola is the best to have with rum or vodka, it's all up to the personal preference really. I've had some fantastic g&ts with Britvic (think Weatherspoons use it), some very nice ones with fever tree (and because they have a greater range they're good to match with slightly weirder gins). I have mini cans of Schweppes in my cupboard because they are so cheap, but I wouldn't say they make the best g&t by a long shot.
termite8 h, 49 m ago

That is total rubbish, people who know about gin use Schweppes. The new …That is total rubbish, people who know about gin use Schweppes. The new pricey brands are just a marketing gimmick.

Schweppes is ok but I’m sorry fever tree is much nicer. Have tried both and there is a difference, which if I’m prepared to pay good money for a nice gin don’t mind paying a few extra pence for a nicer tonic.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Mar
cmdr_elito4 h, 8 m ago

Schweppes is ok but I’m sorry fever tree is much nicer. Have tried both a …Schweppes is ok but I’m sorry fever tree is much nicer. Have tried both and there is a difference, which if I’m prepared to pay good money for a nice gin don’t mind paying a few extra pence for a nicer tonic.

You have quoted their marketing almost word-for-word. You have fallen in to the trap and don't seem to understand what a good gin and tonic really is.
termite1 h, 35 m ago

You have quoted their marketing almost word-for-word. You have fallen in …You have quoted their marketing almost word-for-word. You have fallen in to the trap and don't seem to understand what a good gin and tonic really is.

Sounds like you’ve swallowed the Schweppes marketing or perhaps you work for them. Perhaps the OP can buy some Schweppes and fever tree and try both. I’m confident that the fever tree will be preferred as I have myself and other gin drinking friends all tried the cheap tonics, Schweppes and fever tree. We always go for fever tree as it’s the nicest, don’t care about price it’s all about enjoyment and if there was a nice cheaper tonic I’d be buying that, fact is there aren’t any that I’ve found yet.

Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic. Find what you like and stick with it.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 31st Mar
cmdr_elito9 h, 37 m ago

Sounds like you’ve swallowed the Schweppes marketing or perhaps you work f …Sounds like you’ve swallowed the Schweppes marketing or perhaps you work for them. Perhaps the OP can buy some Schweppes and fever tree and try both. I’m confident that the fever tree will be preferred as I have myself and other gin drinking friends all tried the cheap tonics, Schweppes and fever tree. We always go for fever tree as it’s the nicest, don’t care about price it’s all about enjoyment and if there was a nice cheaper tonic I’d be buying that, fact is there aren’t any that I’ve found yet.Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic. Find what you like and stick with it.

Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic.
Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic.

You and your gin journey. Enjoy it until you latch on to another fad.
termite25 m ago

Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a b …Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic.Remember if your drinking small batch gins you don’t want it marred by a bad tonic.You and your gin journey. Enjoy it until you latch on to another fad.

Bit like Schweppes really a fad and the world has moved on.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants