Quirky Spacebar help please

Found 10th Apr
I found one of these in the local charity shop and it looked great. Got it home and it has no cables!! I know one is a power cable to charge the 2 charging ports. There are then 4 charge and sync ports. There should also be a mini usb cable to plus the monitor into the spacebar.

I'm wondering if it would be worth buying a power cable for it and if so, which one as there is no info on the book or instruction book. If not then it will go back to the charity shop.

These are the 2 cable entry ports on the back of the spacebar.

2924088.jpg
This is a Quirky Spacebar for anyone wondering what the heck it is.

2924088.jpg
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
That looks like one of the older usb connectors you get on hard drives/mp3 players
still got a couple I use

should be able to pick one cheap on fleabay

not sure about the power connector my hard drive needs that as well but the mps doesn't

"mini usb cable to plus the monitor into the spacebar" ?
so what have you bought then fern ?
Edited by: "Wongy110" 10th Apr
Original Poster
Wongy1104 m ago

That looks like one of the older usb connectors you get on hard drives/mp3 …That looks like one of the older usb connectors you get on hard drives/mp3 playersstill got a couple I useshould be able to pick one cheap on fleabay not sure about the power connector my hard drive needs that as well but the mps doesn't

Think I might have an old usb cable but it is the power cable I'm really needing info on.
Looks like you need a USB Type B mini. I have this cable for bluetooth speaker.

33615183-mvR8m.jpg
fern377 m ago

Think I might have an old usb cable but it is the power cable I'm really …Think I might have an old usb cable but it is the power cable I'm really needing info on.

oops not sure about the power.
fern377 m ago

Think I might have an old usb cable but it is the power cable I'm really …Think I might have an old usb cable but it is the power cable I'm really needing info on.

Try something like this

Can be had for about £3.50 on those Chinese sites but they won't allow me to link to one. Take ages from there though.
Original Poster
deeky9 m ago

Try something like thisCan be had for about £3.50 on those Chinese sites …Try something like thisCan be had for about £3.50 on those Chinese sites but they won't allow me to link to one. Take ages from there though.

That looks great. I'll have a look at my local eletric repair shop and see what they say but this looks brill x
fern372 m ago

That looks great. I'll have a look at my local eletric repair shop and see …That looks great. I'll have a look at my local eletric repair shop and see what they say but this looks brill x

If it's one of those little corner shop type things prepare for it to be a tad more expensive though.
Original Poster
deeky8 m ago

If it's one of those little corner shop type things prepare for it to be a …If it's one of those little corner shop type things prepare for it to be a tad more expensive though.

I'll say I'm there on behalf of my man (made up) and then say I will have to chat to him before buying anything
It probably requires a 5 volt DC supply, looks like the plug is centre positive from the picture you posted. I'd guess it would need to be at least 2.4A and probably more than that if it is powering several usb charging ports.

This video seem to show that it came with a mains to USB adaptor and a usb to DC power plug lead, which would confirm it requires 5v.

Edited by: "melted" 10th Apr
If it helps, for future reference there is a section dedicated to gaining/giving help to others:

hotukdeals.com/tag…sed

You would get better help, asking in the Ask section, rather than Misc.
Original Poster
B.B51 m ago

If it helps, for future reference there is a section dedicated to …If it helps, for future reference there is a section dedicated to gaining/giving help to others:https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/ask-discussedYou would get better help, asking in the Ask section, rather than Misc.

Are you a mod or helper?

In misc I knew I would get an answer and people I knew answered. In ask, threads go to die. The people who commented on this thread may not have commented on it in there PLUS for a while, I couldn't ask any questions in there as it wouldn't let me write a thread.
The same leads power a nindendo DS can pick them up for cheap
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants