Quit smoking via hypnotism

Found 2nd Aug
it's me again
I want to quit smoking. well I have for years, biggest regret of my life.
my problem is that I have zero will power and I give in to easily as it's easier. I have young kids that I want to stop for but I'm obviously that selfish I don't.
I've tried patches, they made me feel really uncomfortable and they were very itchy. I would also still smoke a cheeky dag on my breaks at work when having them on.
I tried The gum but that had zero exact on my cravings.
I am now trying the cap thing. I can now go I few hours without one (where's i was roughly 1 an hr).
but when I get stressed at work I still fag it and then I far more. I literally go up and down.
a few at work have told me that champs are great, but looking at the side effects I don't want to try them.

now hypnotism, has anybody done this? If i believe it won't work will it defiantly not work? whatever rough cost, I've read that it takes many sessions. Do you pay per session or just one of price for the duration?

sorry for going on and thanks

Greig P
Community Updates
Ask
25 Comments
My mate done it and went strange for a while. I wouldn't mess with your head tbh.
I quit after 14 year using a mod n sub ohm tank
All small vape pen j tried I hated but big cloudy vapour n 5 days n I was smoke free
It's been year
chimp14uk1 h, 18 m ago

My mate done it and went strange for a while. I wouldn't mess with your …My mate done it and went strange for a while. I wouldn't mess with your head tbh.

I can't stand vapers tbh. They stink the air out even if they're outside. But then again, if it's helping their health, good luck to them even if they look like fools.
chimp14uk32 m ago

good luck to them even if they look like fools.

Who cares what you look like?
34571933-7lRtY.jpg
chimp14uk33 m ago

I can't stand vapers tbh. They stink the air out even if they're outside. …I can't stand vapers tbh. They stink the air out even if they're outside. But then again, if it's helping their health, good luck to them even if they look like fools.

Not if you are using good quality flavoured liquid.

Some would say, smokers look like the fools, pumping their bodies with all that crap on the inhale.
Does hypnotism really work? It's one of those things that I wouldn't believe unless it was done to me and it was filmed
OllieSt44 m ago

Who cares what you look like?[Image]

He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.
And mark my words, there's going be a load of health implications for people who vape.
chimp14uk51 m ago

He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.And mark my words, there's going be …He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.And mark my words, there's going be a load of health implications for people who vape.

As apposed to health implications caused by smoking?.

Most evidence conclude that vaping is far less risk to health than smoking. There are risks. Popcorn lung, pleurisy and lung infections are possible side effects.

I had little will power and vaping helped me kick the habit. I struggled on normal ecigs and took to sub ohming and quit for good.

It can be difficult to jump straight to sub ohming as you inhale it differently than smoking. I'd recommend the op to start on ecigs then venture to sub ohming.

You need willpower, There is no way to cheat it. I very much doubt hypnosis will help you quit.

Good luck though.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 2nd Aug
Try an e-cig rather than a vaper, there is a lot less cloud but you still get the nicotine.
Vaping did the trick for me after many years of 30 ish a day . The trick is to try lots of tanks/liquids so you end up with a vape that satisfies your habit. My tank of choice is the Aspire Nautilus (about £20 ) with adjustable airflow so you still get the "smoking feeling " (ie resistance to the drag ) .

DO NOT think you have to join the mindless morons who think it is "cool" to create unfeasibly huge vape clouds to get satisfaction - YOU DONT !

I vape at about 10 watts , creating less vape cloud than the smoke from a cigarette , and if not completely safe ? certainly much safer than a cigarette . Vaping sensibly like this costs me about £3 a month ( 1coil every 6 weeks , 2 to 3 bottles of £1 liquid evry month ).

Over 2.5 years now since I last had a cigarette (spent over £100 in the first couple of weeks getting the right combination , since then about £1 per week) .

Never been tempted to join the ranks of the idiots buying ever more powerful machines to produce ridiculous clouds - us "normal " vapers are even allowed to vape inside my Local , the "Cloud idiots " are confined to the Smoking area outside . You don't need a huge cloud to satisfy your craving just a small puff of the right flavour .
Let me tell you a little story in how I started smoking and quit on the same day.

Back in eighties. Myself, my brother and two cousins washed our grandfather car.
He gave us lots of $$$!

We bought a pack of cigarettes and some XXX magazines ( yes, kids could buy those without being challenged in the 80s back home.

We went to the attic and smoked whole pack at once. We found it boring and none of us ever smoked again!

The bad news is that when we bought the XXX magazines. Half of it was with women and the other half was with she males the trauma probably contributed on the smoking quitting situation.
I have

7 Years clean, you will go "cold turkey", but it gives your will power a kick.

I remember walking out of the appointment and seeing "tab ends" in the street and thinking..... "thats dirty, I don't smoke".

Other half had been 20 a day for over 20 years and quit also.

You have to really want to stop, or it won't work.

Should cost £60 or £70....1 session. same price as a weeks supply. can't put a price on your health. Most will see you again for free, if you start smoking again...about 45 min treatment, don't talk about it afterwards...trying to explain it to others will work against you.

Uncle and Aunt quit same way, she started again...died of cancer, uncle still alive.

Good luck.
Edited by: "cideristhefuture" 2nd Aug
chimp14uk4 h, 29 m ago

I can't stand vapers tbh. They stink the air out even if they're outside. …I can't stand vapers tbh. They stink the air out even if they're outside. But then again, if it's helping their health, good luck to them even if they look like fools.

The fruity vapour stinks more than burnt tobacco?
Tried hypnotism back in the 80s. Tried it on someone else's recommendation, it worked for them but not for me. I think a lot depends on how open you are to suggestion, I didn't feel as if I'd been hypnotised so I guess I wasn't.
chimp14uk4 h, 26 m ago

He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.And mark my words, there's going be …He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.And mark my words, there's going be a load of health implications for people who vape.

Says the voice of epidemiological studies from Eton.

Educate yourself and take you head out the sand.
moob2 m ago

Says the voice of epidemiological studies from Eton.Educate yourself and …Says the voice of epidemiological studies from Eton.Educate yourself and take you head out the sand.

That's what vapers need to do. No real studies have been done.

If you want to try and look like a hipster, grow a beard and drink your Kraken out of a mason jar.
chimp14uk3 m ago

That's what vapers need to do. No real studies have been done. If you want …That's what vapers need to do. No real studies have been done. If you want to try and look like a hipster, grow a beard and drink your Kraken out of a mason jar.

I did before I started, and I am in a scientific profession. There are studies around, it's about verification of the authenticity of same, including who funded them, that's important.

Meanwhile however, there are no doubts about the negative impacts of smoking and passive smoking, yet you persist and point the finger at others, inexplicably.
moob7 m ago

I did before I started, and I am in a scientific profession. There are …I did before I started, and I am in a scientific profession. There are studies around, it's about verification of the authenticity of same, including who funded them, that's important.Meanwhile however, there are no doubts about the negative impacts of smoking and passive smoking, yet you persist and point the finger at others, inexplicably.

I'm just taking about vaping. Other people are bringing up the effects of smoking. Not my point at all.
i have a friend who tried it, worked for a little while but she started again after about 8 months i think it was.
i gave up through vaping with an ecig, just one of the free kits that was on here, started at 20mg strength of nicotine and dropped it down every month, made sure i had spare battery etc before starting so was never without a charged unit and thus a reason to smoke.
took about a year and 4 months on 0 nicotine then i thought "this is pointless" and stopped, all clear so far.
chimp14uk7 m ago

I'm just taking about vaping. Other people are bringing up the effects of …I'm just taking about vaping. Other people are bringing up the effects of smoking. Not my point at all.

but you are on a thread talking about quitting smoking ciggies so whilst vaping may be mentioned as a method to do so actually discussing vaping is off topic.
chimp14uk7 m ago

I'm just taking about vaping. Other people are bringing up the effects of …I'm just taking about vaping. Other people are bringing up the effects of smoking. Not my point at all.

No, you discussed it in comments - for whatever rationale your brain could muster that someone who was dying of lung cancer would look less of an idiot that someone using an e-cig.

Then you go on, without any foundation whatsoever, to make some apocalyptic style forecast that those who use e-cigs will reap what they sow - shudder...
moob7 m ago

No, you discussed it in comments - for whatever rationale your brain could …No, you discussed it in comments - for whatever rationale your brain could muster that someone who was dying of lung cancer would look less of an idiot that someone using an e-cig.Then you go on, without any foundation whatsoever, to make some apocalyptic style forecast that those who use e-cigs will reap what they sow - shudder...

I didn't discuss it anywhere.
You don't seem to get what I'm saying.
Just because I think that vapers look like mugs and stink the air out, doesn't mean that I think smokers look cool or should be doing it.
I think that you might have had a little something to smoke seeing as you're not getting my point.
rayanfield831 h, 50 m ago

The fruity vapour stinks more than burnt tobacco?

I don't like the smell of either tbh.
I was in a large beer garden recently and there was both smokers and vapers there. I couldn't smell the cigarettes at all, but as soon as someone started vaping, the air was thick with a horrible sweet fruit smell.
chimp14uk12 m ago

I didn't discuss it anywhere.You don't seem to get what I'm saying.Just …I didn't discuss it anywhere.You don't seem to get what I'm saying.Just because I think that vapers look like mugs and stink the air out, doesn't mean that I think smokers look cool or should be doing it.I think that you might have had a little something to smoke seeing as you're not getting my point.

Are you just trying to be pedantic because you didn't specifically mention those exact words...

He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.
And mark my words, there's going be a load of health implications for people who vape.

Paraphrasing, you seemed to think someone who was dying of lung cancer caused by tobacco inhalation looked less of an idiot than someone who vapes...
moob11 m ago

Are you just trying to be pedantic because you didn't specifically mention …Are you just trying to be pedantic because you didn't specifically mention those exact words...He looks less of an idiot than a vaper.And mark my words, there's going be a load of health implications for people who vape.Paraphrasing, you seemed to think someone who was dying of lung cancer caused by tobacco inhalation looked less of an idiot than someone who vapes...

It was supposed to be a bit tongue in cheek. Obviously it's better to look like a cretin vaping rather than dying of cancer.
Did your wife give you a hard time at the breakfast table this morning?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants