Quitting smoking today

Found 20th Nov 2017
Morning all

Any tips for me as i have tried before and usually fail. Had 2 smokes this morning and just put my patch on so fingers crossed lol

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
13 Comments

First of all well done and good luck
I gave up over 10 years ago and haven't looked back , I smoked for over 20 years
I sucked mints like polos or bought soft mints to chew on , don't have to many otherwise you'll be hopping to the toilet
First 2 weeks are the worst if I'm honest
Good luck

Every time you want a smoke take a sip off water ! Ave heard that helps ! A quit 12 years ago cause off the price ! Put your usual cigarette spend on a jar watch it grow and save for something you really want ! Good luck

Quitting smoking is easy. I've done it thousands of times.

Good luck! I tried and failed several times using patches and the little inhalator things. Then I discovered the lozenges. 5 years on and not smoked since. I am however still addicted to the lozenges!

The very best of luck, it is tough.
After giving up (and failing) for 25 years I transferred onto vaping 11 months ago and have never looked back. Not as good as giving up nicotine for good, but I never even fancy a cigarette now. Which is a first in many years.

cheap vape pen worked for me, 18mg nicotine first and now down to 3mg

I started with the cheapo pens from local shops, then got a blu one (don't remember the actual name) now use a coolfire iv

I don't know anyone who has gone back to smoking after vaping, even people who have smoked for 20/30 years
Edited by: "dataload" 20th Nov 2017

Original Poster

dataload21 m ago

cheap vape pen worked for me, 18mg nicotine first and now down to 3mgI …cheap vape pen worked for me, 18mg nicotine first and now down to 3mgI started with the cheapo pens from local shops, then got a blu one (don't remember the actual name) now use a coolfire ivI don't know anyone who has gone back to smoking after vaping, even people who have smoked for 20/30 years

Unfortunately me. I vaped for 5 years and became very ill which was blamed on the vaping. Ended up back on the smokes when i gave up the vaping lol

123batman32114 m ago

Unfortunately me. I vaped for 5 years and became very ill which was blamed …Unfortunately me. I vaped for 5 years and became very ill which was blamed on the vaping. Ended up back on the smokes when i gave up the vaping lol

what kind of illness are we talking about? general feeling sick or something worse?

just so I know what to possibly expect in 4 years

Original Poster

dataload15 m ago

what kind of illness are we talking about? general feeling sick or …what kind of illness are we talking about? general feeling sick or something worse?just so I know what to possibly expect in 4 years

I basically became really lightheaded at work one day and almost fainted which i never do. Following that i had 3 months off wearing a heart monitor as my heart would race or slow right down for no reason. I still get a few skipped beats but im alot better now

dataload1 h, 11 m ago

cheap vape pen worked for me, 18mg nicotine first and now down to 3mgI …cheap vape pen worked for me, 18mg nicotine first and now down to 3mgI started with the cheapo pens from local shops, then got a blu one (don't remember the actual name) now use a coolfire ivI don't know anyone who has gone back to smoking after vaping, even people who have smoked for 20/30 years

I did pretty much the same as you, I vaped for 3 years, Then decreased my nicotine level down to 3mg, Then vaped 0mg for a week and figured no longer needed nicotine so quit vaping and haven't looked back since. So clean for 2 years now :). I have put on weight though, However I was putting on weight before quiting the vape. Everything tastes so much better. I had a few sleepless irritable nights but worth it.

I have read your other comments op regarding vape making you ill, I felt a little larthargic at times while vaping, I was an heavy smoker and constantly vaped. It helped me quit but understand it doesn't work for everyone.

You can do it though, It's probably easier to quit now than it was 5 years ago with the prices being so high!. I'd stick on the patches and gradually decrease nicotine level. Good luck.

Original Poster

.MUFC.5 m ago

I did pretty much the same as you, I vaped for 3 years, Then decreased my …I did pretty much the same as you, I vaped for 3 years, Then decreased my nicotine level down to 3mg, Then vaped 0mg for a week and figured no longer needed nicotine so quit vaping and haven't looked back since. So clean for 2 years now :). I have put on weight though, However I was putting on weight before quiting the vape. Everything tastes so much better. I had a few sleepless irritable nights but worth it. I have read your other comments op regarding vape making you ill, I felt a little larthargic at times while vaping, I was an heavy smoker and constantly vaped. It helped me quit but understand it doesn't work for everyone.You can do it though, It's probably easier to quit now than it was 5 years ago with the prices being so high!. I'd stick on the patches and gradually decrease nicotine level. Good luck.

Aye thats the plan. It was never really proved that it was the vape but was the only thing i could think of really. Aye its very expensive to smoke now waste of bloody money too lol

Will power and reason. 7 years free after 28 on them

I gradually started smoking less and less until I was smoking 3 or 4 a day, then I used patches for a week. Haven't smoked for 8 years.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants