Quizzes on zoom for lockdown help and advice

Posted 23rd May
Next weekend I am looking at hosting a quiz for friends on zoom.
I was thinking of having a couple of picture rounds and some questions from geography to music etc
Can people advise on where I can get some picture rounds for starters and some great questions?
I have just ordered Collins Pub Quiz 10,000 as a starting point but any help and advice greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Try the reddit trivia group (google r/trivia if you haven’t used reddit before). If you filter by top - all time you’ll find some good round ideas (I just used the “film hands” pictures as a good round). We’ve also done close ups of household objects (vinyl records, Velcro etc.) which was good - just google the thing and close up in google images.

Otherwise just think about what the group are in to and play to that. Film stills/posters, tag lines, company logos/slogans etc. I’ve even seen a couple of rounds that screenshot menus from chain restaurants and get people to guess the chain.

Have fun with it and enjoy the quiz!
Harry_Felton23/05/2020 23:40

Try the reddit trivia group (google r/trivia if you haven’t used reddit b …Try the reddit trivia group (google r/trivia if you haven’t used reddit before). If you filter by top - all time you’ll find some good round ideas (I just used the “film hands” pictures as a good round). We’ve also done close ups of household objects (vinyl records, Velcro etc.) which was good - just google the thing and close up in google images. Otherwise just think about what the group are in to and play to that. Film stills/posters, tag lines, company logos/slogans etc. I’ve even seen a couple of rounds that screenshot menus from chain restaurants and get people to guess the chain.Have fun with it and enjoy the quiz!

Thank you very much. That sounds great for the picture rounds. Any other ideas for great banks of questions? I will definitely check Reddit out
justonemore23/05/2020 23:44

Thank you very much. That sounds great for the picture rounds. Any other …Thank you very much. That sounds great for the picture rounds. Any other ideas for great banks of questions? I will definitely check Reddit out

I’ve not really found any that have been that great unfortunately. You can google pub quiz questions, but I’ve found the difficulty to be very variable.

Do you have any ideas on what rounds you would want to do? We’ve found that deciding round themes (the UK, GCSEs, sport, film etc.) is easier than general knowledge as you have a little more direction. From there try searching for things you would be interested in knowing (what’s the highest grossing album of all time, for example) and going from there.

If you can test a few questions on people that’s always good too - it’s probably better to have a quiz that’s too easy than too hard
If you want geography and pictures you could try something like country outlines or famous landmarks.

The trickiest part about setting a quiz is the difficulty, and so it is good to throw in a few bankers - if you know who you're asking the questions to you should be able to come up with a few questions that play to their strong points that will be easy for them.

Pepper these easy ones throughout the quiz so that it keeps people keen.
Google it. Not being funny either there’s thousands of pub quizzes to download/copy
Harry_Felton23/05/2020 23:52

I’ve not really found any that have been that great unfortunately. You can …I’ve not really found any that have been that great unfortunately. You can google pub quiz questions, but I’ve found the difficulty to be very variable.Do you have any ideas on what rounds you would want to do? We’ve found that deciding round themes (the UK, GCSEs, sport, film etc.) is easier than general knowledge as you have a little more direction. From there try searching for things you would be interested in knowing (what’s the highest grossing album of all time, for example) and going from there.If you can test a few questions on people that’s always good too - it’s probably better to have a quiz that’s too easy than too hard

Great ideas and thank you. I like the idea of the GCSE and thinking maybe some form of back to school theme maybe
I’m sure you’re aware but I believe that if you’re using free zoom you may be limited to 40 mins
Bobster-cyw24/05/2020 10:04

I’m sure you’re aware but I believe that if you’re using free zoom you may …I’m sure you’re aware but I believe that if you’re using free zoom you may be limited to 40 mins

We had this mentioned last night and I think Zoom as a gesture of good will are extending the time at the moment. If not can you start a new meeting? Friends have said this has worked for them
justonemore24/05/2020 11:45

We had this mentioned last night and I think Zoom as a gesture of good …We had this mentioned last night and I think Zoom as a gesture of good will are extending the time at the moment. If not can you start a new meeting? Friends have said this has worked for them

I don’t know tbh I just know that the 40 minute limit has caught some friends out before
tardytortoise24/05/2020 12:02

look what I …look what I foundhttps://metro.co.uk/2020/05/08/celebrity-picture-questions-answers-virtual-pub-quiz-12668742/

Thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions