Expired

quorn is halal but not kosher

Found 9th Apr 2015
why??

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
AskQuorn
21 Comments
Because god is the fussiest eater in existence :).
Original Poster Banned
Danielj88

Their frozen mince has been approved by the Manchester Beth Din.

Must be be very recently approved.
Original Poster Banned
although not quite.

Quorn products suitable for a Kosher (Jewish Religion) diet?

At the present time we cannot claim Kosher status for any Quorn product. Consultations with Manchester Beth Din have indicated that mycoprotein is almost certainly Kosher but we cannot guarantee that the other ingredients used in product manufacture are too. In addition whether the product is Kosher Parve or Kosher Dairy should be considered.

Original Poster Banned
it has been fully approved by the Halal food authority and displays the logo.
is this a thread about intolerance ewwaxo?!
US arms budget or maybe eggs /thread
Original Poster Banned
brilly

is this a thread about intolerance ewwaxo?!US arms budget or maybe eggs … is this a thread about intolerance ewwaxo?!US arms budget or maybe eggs /thread

it's about quorn.
Banned
Search 'quorn' on the London Beth Din website:

kosher.org.uk/

http://i61.tinypic.com/2pos2mp.jpg

They gave it the status of parev, i.e. food that does not contain meat or dairy.
Original Poster Banned
Danielj88

Search 'quorn' on the London Beth Din … Search 'quorn' on the London Beth Din website:http://www.kosher.org.uk/They gave it the status of parev, i.e. food that does not contain meat or dairy.

but quorn itself cannot endorse it.
If you cannot be certain then it is best to stay clear.
suitable for evangelists ? Quorn again
god is all forgiving but will not let you have quorn
What is Kosher? What needs to qualify to be Kosher?

I did a lot of research into Quorn and they use eggs to bind the mycoprotein together, they now use free range eggs so they can be accepted into the vegetarian society. They also do vegan versions where the proteins are binded together using starch instead of eggs.

Not sure if this is relevant to Kosher as I have no idea what kosher means.
"i have no idea what kosher means" best answer in ewwaxo land
NEtech

What is Kosher? What needs to qualify to be Kosher?I did a lot of … What is Kosher? What needs to qualify to be Kosher?I did a lot of research into Quorn and they use eggs to bind the mycoprotein together, they now use free range eggs so they can be accepted into the vegetarian society. They also do vegan versions where the proteins are binded together using starch instead of eggs.Not sure if this is relevant to Kosher as I have no idea what kosher means.

I am surprised by this, as I always assumed that quorn was the vegetarian substitute for meat
Just eat it.
Andrea_Matthews25

I am surprised by this, as I always assumed that quorn was the vegetarian … I am surprised by this, as I always assumed that quorn was the vegetarian substitute for meat

Well it still is really as eggs are accepted by vegetarians. However they were refused to be recognised by the vegetarian society in its early days because they used battery hens.

Quorn looked into this and decided as this was aimed towards vegetarians they should listen to what they had to say and were told they would be accepted into the society if they used 100% free range eggs in their products. Quorn a little while later did this and so are now recognised by the society.

NEtech

Well it still is really as eggs are accepted by vegetarians. However … Well it still is really as eggs are accepted by vegetarians. However they were refused to be recognised by the vegetarian society in its early days because they used battery hens. Quorn looked into this and decided as this was aimed towards vegetarians they should listen to what they had to say and were told they would be accepted into the society if they used 100% free range eggs in their products. Quorn a little while later did this and so are now recognised by the society.

Thanks for clarifying this, I never knew this, I have tried quorn and its not too bad, a bit bland though
OK just looked into what Kosher means.

There are ingredients which are used other than Mycoprotien and eggs/starch so I can only assume it will be one of those ingredients that will be stopping it from becoming Kosher.....did a quick search and I think it is down to the yeast they use which cannot be confirmed as Kosher.
Banned
and??
every religion us different, like Hindus claim cows as there god. We can't so anything about that can we, we just let them do it.

don't eat it if your not allowed!
Banned
Do^
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants