Groups

quote for baxi boiler install?

Hia,

I've been quoted £2250 for a replacement combi-boiler does this sounds about right?

It's a baxi platinum-28

I was thinking of getting a valient or worcester but the engineer recomended the baxi because it comes with a 5 year warrenty so no need for any insurance for 5 years which has twisted my arm.

Any views on the quote or the boiler itself welcome.

cheers,
    worto.

13 Comments

I was quoted £1600 for a worcester, with a 2 year warranty. Fully installed etc.

I went for a Voekera for £1200 fully installed, which comes with a 5 year full parts and labour warranty.

It was for my parents house, and they are deelighted with it.

I used to have a Vaillant it was the best thing ever but when it was time to change it I was persuaded to go cheaper, I think it was about 12 - 1400 installed, not a patch on the old one that lasted 20 years with only one breakdown.

seems a bit of a high quote, would shop around on that one :thumbsup:

Original Poster

I went for a Voekera for £1200 fully installed, which comes with a 5 year … I went for a Voekera for £1200 fully installed, which comes with a 5 year full parts and labour warranty

I'll have a look into that one then, he said only the baxi comes with a 5 year warrenty.

That seems very cheap! I was expecting to have to spend around £2000 to be honest, was it a national company who did this for you or a local installer? I'm near Derby (ish)

Thanks,
    worto.

edit - cheers I'll get a couple more people round then for some more opinions.

It can't take long to fit surely, also the engineer will get the boiler at a trade price I would imagine.

Under a grand for the boiler> google.co.uk/sea…x-a

So he is making a lot of bucks charging over 2 grand.

I know a few folks who fit the things for a living all of whom would only ever install Valient or Worcester Bosch given the choice. I understand Baxi tend to be a lot cheaper (in price and quality)..........Not my area of expertise, but I'd hazard a guess he gets kick backs or higher profit margins from installing a Baxi.

you maybe entitled to a grant towards it if you qualify

warmfront.co.uk/

We had ours done by T&S heating. Based in Nottingham so may cover your area too. The worcester boilers come with 5 year guarantee and they give an extra 2 years guarantee on top (labour only). The number 0115 9202115. Ours was £2100 to take out back boiler, rebuild and seal fire place and put combi in kitchen .

Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies guys.

We had ours done by T&S heating. Based in Nottingham so may cover your … We had ours done by T&S heating. Based in Nottingham so may cover your area too. The worcester boilers come with 5 year guarantee and they give an extra 2 years guarantee on top (labour only). The number 0115 9202115. Ours was £2100 to take out back boiler, rebuild and seal fire place and put combi in kitchen .

I'll give them a ring this afternoon, we're in Swadlincote so not too far from Nottingham.

Thanks for the link holly, I've just checked if I qualify and I don't worth a look though.

worto.

worto03;5255676

Thanks for all the replies guys.I'll give them a ring this afternoon, … Thanks for all the replies guys.I'll give them a ring this afternoon, we're in Swadlincote so not too far from Nottingham.Thanks for the link holly, I've just checked if I qualify and I don't worth a look though.worto.

Well even if it is out there area, just ask for a quote anyway to give you an idea on price.:thumbsup:

Does seem expensive. Just 4 months ago i were quoted £2400 to take out back boiler and install combi condenser in airing cupboard and supply and fit all radiators.

search ebay under COMBI-BOILER SUPPLIED or COMBI-BOILER fitted (guy who does a boiler swap for £299). obviously will be more to take out a baxi and put a combi in, but worth getting a qoute. We had a vokera put in 10 years ago. never had a problem yet.

if this is just a straight swap of a gas combi that sounds very expensive
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmeticians710
      2. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery1219
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671414
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424614496

See more discussions