Groups

r4 ds help

Hi just received my R4 ds today, has not come with a disc so have been on R4 website trying to download software (apparently you need to do this first) haven't got a clue what I am doing, looked on youtube and some of the video's are very clear but all are showing you how to download from the disc supplied with your R4. Would be grateful for any help in telling me how to download from R4 website in step by step stage and easy for me to understand (really don't know much about computers). Every one says that once you know how to do it, it is very easy! Thanks in advance for all you R4 experts out there!

10 Comments

go to romulation.net and then the forums there is a tutouriol i used on there that must be pretty easy as i managed to follow it lol

What's the R4 like compared to the DSTT?

not sure i only ever use r4 as they are sooo easy to use and never had a problem with them

Down load the R4 v1.18 kernel
    put the micro sd card in you comp usb slot
    copy or drag and drop the down loaded files onto your sd card
    then create a folder on your sd card call it games then drag and drop your back up games into that folder
    remove card from comp
    put sd card into r4 then into ds job done :P

Red Devil;2635313

What's the R4 like compared to the DSTT?

Pretty much the same, top toy has a better interface though and seems to have slightly better rom recognition :thumbsup:

snootin;2635579

Down load the R4 v1.18 kernel put the micro sd card in you comp usb slot … Down load the R4 v1.18 kernel put the micro sd card in you comp usb slot copy or drag and drop the down loaded files onto your sd card then create a folder on your sd card call it games then drag and drop your back up games into that folderremove card from compput sd card into r4 then into ds job done :P

you will need to download a winrar file as well to extract the games.

I struggled setting ours up but when I asked i was sent the links in this thread.
    hotukdeals.com/for…528

Original Poster

know this sounds really thick but i can't even download the R4 v1.18 kernal, I click on the link and then dont know what to do, it asks me do I want to save or find I have been pressing to find am I doing this wrong.

Save it to your desk top if you still have probs pm your email and i will send it you

as i said before go to romulation.net they have loadsa guides on there that will help you out with all you want its all in step by step instructions

Its a lot easier than it looks.

The best place to find instructions I found was YOUTUBE!

Search for how to use R4 Card and there are loads of vids on their of step by step guides :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?1516
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764393
      3. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?711
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846242

See more discussions