Groups

Rabbit adoption glasgow?

Banned
    I have a rabbit who is just under 2 years old and was going to get another so he has a bit more company. So I was looking to adopt one around the simular age that was female so they won't fight too much.

Anyone know where I could find 1?

14 Comments

Banned

I have a rabbit who is just under 2 years old and was going to get another so he has a bit more company. So I was looking to adopt one around the simular age that was female so they won't fight too much.

hmmm, want 100s of kittens much?

If you're serious, ring your local vets, they often have notice boards displaying pets for rehoming.

Original Poster Banned

No worries on that score, my rabbit is already neutered and I'd get the female neutered as well.

Aww that's cute, rabbits need friends too
    rabbitrehome.org.uk/cen…asp
    scroll down to Lanarkshire. You could call them and ask if they have any spare rabbits.

Original Poster Banned

Cheers I did a search for any available rabbits on the site but had none. If I don't find any online I'll have a walk down to where I bought my first rabbit and see if they can help me out.

I'd get a baby rabbit but mine would just bully it lol

H_K;4852381

I have a rabbit who is just under 2 years old and was going to get … I have a rabbit who is just under 2 years old and was going to get another so he has a bit more company. So I was looking to adopt one around the simular age that was female so they won't fight too much.hmmm, want 100s of kittens much?If you're serious, ring your local vets, they often have notice boards displaying pets for rehoming.

When you put 2 rabbits together, the best combination to avoid fighting is a neutered male and female together.

We found our 2nd bunny on the RSPCA website, do they operate in Scotland?

What about a guinea pig? My two love each other.

Original Poster Banned

I think RSPCA isn't involved in Scotland but there should be a Scottish equivilant that I'll look for.

My friend said I could put a guinea pig in with him but I'd just prefer another rabbit

Just got a second cage so they have enough space and that I can put them in seperate cages until they get used to each other. zooplus.co.uk/sho…325

you need to have two seperate cages and introduce them slowly. if they have been done. its not a gurantee that they won't fight .

Original Poster Banned

Its cool I'm just waiting delivery of a new second cage and I can even keep them in seperate rooms if need be.

their will be fine in the same room just seperate cage . have them side by side so they can see each other. Pah have adoption centers in stores. so they may have a rabbit you could adopt

Yes, separate them at night as that is when they will be most likely to fight.

During the day they will chase each other and pull each others fur out, one of mine got a scratch on her ear.

They carried on like this for about a week, then all of a sudden I found them sitting with eachother and they were fine after that

Original Poster Banned

My little fella had his teeth taken out so it might be an unfair fight when I get another in. But would love a friend for him

Paddy Charlie;4854607

My little fella had his teeth taken out so it might be an unfair fight … My little fella had his teeth taken out so it might be an unfair fight when I get another in. But would love a friend for him

Aww, really - and how has he managed? Were his teeth not growing straight?

Our girl bunny had problems with her teeth from the beginning.
    We kept getting them cut every 3 weeks, then the back ones caused an ulcer in her cheek. She had 2 operations on the ulcer and back teeth, then had the front ones taken out in another operation. she was fine for a few months but then suddenly she completely deteriorated and she died at the vets, we still don't know what it was.

It was really sad and we only got our boy rabbit a few months before but we haven't got another partner for him, just trying to keep him occupied ourselves - he lives in the house with us now anyway cos he gradually ate a big enough hole in the back of his hutch and can now escape from it LOL!

Original Poster Banned

They just weren't growing straight, but it hasn't caused him any problems. Just means I have to slice up his veg for him but he gets on just fine. And it means he can't chew up my house lol

But it was only the front 2 that got removed and I've never had any other probs with him in almost 2 years (touch wood)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2239
      2. What would be HELL to you?2634
      3. Tesco vouchers?11
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767345

See more discussions