Found 5th Feb 2009
How long do RAC take to respond to a breakdown? The car is safe but doesnt drive well.. If i was to ring now would they be out straight away to take it to its destination? I wont be using the car for a while and need the car to be taken down south.

Cheers!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
3 Comments

only take car to nearest garage or within reason, some cover will take you and passengers to a destination if on a journey but not the car i think

Original Poster

I have the nationwide recovery etc... on my membership. So i was assuming it would be covered also? Just trying to figure it out.

They will try and fix the car as it is, otherwise take it to a garage. If you have the nationwide recovery you are entitled to transportation to your final destination but I think that means you'd have to go too (as the whole idea of breakdown cover is that you've broken down on a journey and you need transportation to your end desination).

But I'm just guessing, I've only needed to call them once!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!564102
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769246
    3. EA shuts down Visceral Games.33
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70559

See more discussions