Groups

RAC Renewal

Has anyone had a renewal from RAC lately?
    I've got Roadside & Recovery & At Home & Onward Personal Based.
    I've had it for 2 years now and the first year it was £103 the second year it was £106 with 10% no claims discount.
    My new renewal price started at £204 but with 20%/2 years discount it was £165.
    I still think this is alot seeing i have 2 years no claims.
    I phoned them and they said they have had 2 price rises this year.
    But double my original price is some price hike i think.
    Has anyone else been sent that price for that cover? I'd like to know

5 Comments

Banned

Sounds like they are ripping their existing customers off, pretty much happens all the time.

If you buy as a new customer every year via quidco you can get the same deal online for £134.63 - £40 cashback via quidco, so same cover for £94.63. £65 saving sounds good to me :-D

quidco.com/rac/

Used to be with AA & RAC over the years, but pricing forced me away. I have been with Autonational for a few years now and their prices are no where near AA & RAC. They also do no claims and 15months for the price of 12. I`ve got 2 cars with them and for the top of the range total service I pay £99 for the two cars.
    Try here and have a look, see what you think?

autonational.co.uk/

Original Poster

Thanks GSX i'll have a look at autonational.
    I was just wondering if anyone else had £204 on there renewal, as i think there just taking the p***

Nothing to stop you cancelling then joining again via there website

Only have the standard Roadside but I swap between RAC and AA each year - just signed up to AA and cost £29.50 less £19.50 quidco.
    Girlfriends costs me £39.75 less £19.50 cos her car is too old and has to be a personal membership rather than the car
    Dont mind paying £30 to cover both cars
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …83141
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1111
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.2748
      4. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2125

See more discussions