RAC Roadside, Recovery, At Home, Onward Travel

Found 15th May
I’ve been an RAC member for almost 20 years and was surprised to see my premium this year had jumped from 184.47 to 219.98 despite no call outs for years. This being cover for two adults at same address driving any car. Roadside, Recovery & At home. I remember calling last year and got the price put down a little to 184.47. “The best they could do” - apparently!
This year I checked the price on TopCashback first, before calling them and worked out that even if I added on Onward Travel the total premium would be still less at £179. £149 with Onward Travel. Also the TopCashBack payable would be £70 effectively making the policy £109 (including the added extra of Onward Travel. )
I assumed the cancellation centre would never be able to meet the price that I would get via TCB and requested they cancelled the policy when it ran out and I planned to take a new policy via TCB.
I phoned 03301590545 pressed option 1 then option 2 to cancel my policy, explained situation exactly as described and manager simply matched TCB price with cashback. Saving me the effort of buying same product via TCB.
Of course I call most companies when my contacts expire to see if they can give me a better price but I felt quite shocked at how much I saved with the RAC. The policy they were offering me including extra Onward travel was originally £249.98 from renewal letter.
Community Updates
Travel
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions