Expired

RAC Warranty platinum cover

Found 1st Aug 2011
Has anybody ever had and needed to use one of these warranties?
Do they really cover all that they say, anybody know the catches? They claim to cover all mechanical and electrical parts.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

No warranty covers " all " mechanical/electrical parts, not even a new car warranty.

only worth if you have an expensive car with auto gearbox as they don't cover normal tear & wear and your car have to be serviced

Original Poster

why only if you have an auto gearbox?
Car has full service history its part of the conditions anyway that it is serviced as recommended by the manufacturer and parts replaced at recommended times, but it claims to cover for premature wear and tear.

Does not cover known faults, so if your service or MOT pick up things then they will not be covered in the event of a breakdown if worn. Your gonna have to be very brave to ignore problems in the hope they fail so you can get the RAC to attend and take you to the garage so you can claim.

Here you go buddy, no insurance cover everything. They usually title that everything is covered. But anyway, check out page 3: insured parts, then page 4: parts not cover & exclusions.

http://media.rac.co.uk/pdf/summary-of-cover.pdf

Note this is a summary of cover, if you want more information go here

you really ought to look at the exclusions before you consider this.. some shocking exclusions for this cover!!

Original Poster

thank you kirajai, I couldn't find these pages.
I get 3 months free of this warranty and was looking into extending it, I know the old adage a warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on, but these profess to be different, should have known if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't wins again.

Original Poster

newbie1001

Does not cover known faults, so if your service or MOT pick up things … Does not cover known faults, so if your service or MOT pick up things then they will not be covered in the event of a breakdown if worn. Your gonna have to be very brave to ignore problems in the hope they fail so you can get the RAC to attend and take you to the garage so you can claim.

ignoring anything picked up in an mot would be a bit silly really wouldn't it, I am looking into finding some genuine cover for unexpected surprises when I buy my new to me used car.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions