Radeon r9 380 4gb

Found 30th Oct 2017
Could someone confirm what the power consumption is on this Sapphire Nitro card?
Also, what it's second hand value would be, as I'm trying to workout the cost of an upgrade to a gtx 1080.

Cheers.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
3 Comments

2nd hand perhaps around £80 (unless you can still find a miner who wants an AMD card and might be willing to pay a bit more)

theoretically it should pull <225W under load at stock speeds, maybe more if over clocked

Original Poster

adamspencer9523 m ago

2nd hand perhaps around £80 (unless you can still find a miner who wants …2nd hand perhaps around £80 (unless you can still find a miner who wants an AMD card and might be willing to pay a bit more)theoretically it should pull <225W under load at stock speeds, maybe more if over clocked

Right, so someone elsewhere indicated the gtx 1080 pulls about 180w, so in that case I need not worry about power draw.
So based on your reply, I should be budgeting at around £350 plus the sale of my r9 380.Thanks.

Destard58 m ago

Right, so someone elsewhere indicated the gtx 1080 pulls about 180w, so in …Right, so someone elsewhere indicated the gtx 1080 pulls about 180w, so in that case I need not worry about power draw.So based on your reply, I should be budgeting at around £350 plus the sale of my r9 380.Thanks.

the 1080 will be slightly more efficient, but whether you will notice it over weeks/months is unlikely

it might be quid per year or so difference
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions