Expired

Radian Housing Association, any tenants here?

Found 10th Jun 2014
Over the last couple of years their service has got terrible, ive had 15 unsuccessful visits to repair my boiler in the last 3 months, had to wait 3 weeks for a plumber and another month for him to return with parts. Ive also had trouble with a neighbour's anti social behaviour and when I send in witness sheets they say the way forward would be for me to move using the homeswapper website. Any advice/feedback that would get them to pull their finger out would be appreciated.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
I used too manage afew housing association buildings (for the council) and for both issues i would suggest trying to contact the housing officer/estate manager or director of housing first, if no success contact your local mp and then finally if nothing else their is the ombudsmon. You should check the guidlines on what action they take on ASB and make a complaint if that hasnt been done.
We had to follow procedure and im sure it would be the same for them too. So start with level 1 complaint and work up from their.
Hope that helps
stuuuuuuu

I used too manage afew housing association buildings (for the council) … I used too manage afew housing association buildings (for the council) and for both issues i would suggest trying to contact the housing officer/estate manager or director of housing first, if no success contact your local mp and then finally if nothing else their is the ombudsmon. You should check the guidlines on what action they take on ASB and make a complaint if that hasnt been done.We had to follow procedure and im sure it would be the same for them too. So start with level 1 complaint and work up from their.Hope that helps

They used to be good with maintenance and communicating however since they got taken over by Radian theyre having trouble coping. The council and police have been helpful with the neighbour's anti social behaviour and are looking to prosecute however its frustrating the housing association get paid to provide a service and theyre not. I did manage to get an appointment with the housing officer who promised to sort out the problems with my boiler and help with the anti social behaviour however after a month of not hearing from her and my emails being ignored I think getting my MP to help will be the next step. I will also ask for their procedures on resolving maintenance faults and anti social behaviour issues. Thanks for the advice.
local press love a "tennant has x number of visits to a broken boiler" story, helps more if its in winter though and accompanied with a pose of said tenant looking sad, next to said boiler

worth a try though
mrwhitelabel

local press love a "tennant has x number of visits to a broken boiler" … local press love a "tennant has x number of visits to a broken boiler" story, helps more if its in winter though and accompanied with a pose of said tenant looking sad, next to said boilerworth a try though

I missed a good photo opportunity in January with me shivering when the boiler first broke down and have considered calling one of those shows like 'neighbours from hell' as I have some good video of the neighbour shouting at police etc but with the career im training for I need to be careful what would come up on a google search so im having to rely of the housing association doing the right thing.
heres the link to for your residents handbook which includes the repairs and maintenace section
http://www.radian.co.uk/resident/information-for-tenants
page 8 states about "right to repair" so you may be due some compenstaion and page 10 mentions "decent home standards" which is a national requirment both of which they may have failed in.
Good point mrwhitelabel, nothing worries the association like abit of bad press coverage
We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our services and would suggest that you contact us via radiandirect@radian.co.uk, providing your contact details so that we can try to remedy matters for you. We do have a formal complaints procedure. Information about the complaints process can be found here: radian.co.uk/abo…ess and you download our guide to making a complaint here: radian.co.uk/ima…pdf.

We hope to hear from you soon.
MarkRadian

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our services and would … We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with our services and would suggest that you contact us via radiandirect@radian.co.uk, providing your contact details so that we can try to remedy matters for you. We do have a formal complaints procedure. Information about the complaints process can be found here: http://radian.co.uk/abouts/formal-complaints-process and you download our guide to making a complaint here: http://radian.co.uk/images/_AboutUs/CommentComplaints/RadianComplaintsLflt2013.pdf. We hope to hear from you soon.

I did send an email to that address last week had a reply saying I would get a 'full response' from the housing officer however because they have previously ignored my emails and not returned my calls im not holding my breath for this. I will email a complaint when I get some time. Thanks for the reply.

stuuuuuuu

heres the link to for your residents handbook which includes the repairs … heres the link to for your residents handbook which includes the repairs and maintenace sectionhttp://www.radian.co.uk/resident/information-for-tenantspage 8 states about "right to repair" so you may be due some compenstaion and page 10 mentions "decent home standards" which is a national requirment both of which they may have failed in.Good point mrwhitelabel, nothing worries the association like abit of bad press coverage

With all the stress and frustration of whats been going on I couldnt see the wood for the trees and wouldnt have thought to look for this, ive taken a lot of time off from work and also been losing water from the boiler so its good to know I could be compensated for it. Ive also found Shelter offers advice for tenants and will have a chat with them before I make a complaint. Thanks for the help and reply.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants