Radiator Valves

Posted 13th Jan
Hi all,

Does anyone know where I can get these replacement radiator valves from please?

I’ve searched Amazon but can’t seem to find the same type. Thank you x

3387433-AdlqG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

14 Comments
That looks like a "lock shield", is the thermostatic valve that's adjusts the temperature on the other end?
p.s.
The plastic cover is just that, a cover and a different looking cover won't matter.
And you'll have to drain the system to change it (probably ways of doing it with freezer spray though, best consult YouTube)
By the way, what's wrong with it?
You want exacly the same ??........ See if it's here
Edited by: "steve.t" 13th Jan
steve.t13/01/2020 11:05

You want exacly the same ??........ See if it's here

Or lockshield with drain off
That's a standard 15mm elbow lockshield + drain. The elbow at the bottom is an additional reducer for the small bore heating pipes.

Toolstation, Screwfix, any plumbers merchants
It's not needed to have the drain off on every radiator, just a standard lock shield will do, plastic bit is merely decorative cover over the valve(which is used to 'balance' each radiator, it's NOT a user adjustment item, merely to equalise heat available to a radiator whether nearest to boiler, or furthest away.
Would(should!!) have all been set up at install..
Thank you for all replies. I only really needed them as the previous tenant decided to take them off/break them off/discard them..

I have no idea why she would do that, perhaps she was bored. The radiators themselves are all in working order. I only wanted them to replace the missing ones.

Thank you so much for all replies x
esar13/01/2020 11:03

That looks like a "lock shield", is the thermostatic valve that's adjusts …That looks like a "lock shield", is the thermostatic valve that's adjusts the temperature on the other end?p.s.The plastic cover is just that, a cover and a different looking cover won't matter.And you'll have to drain the system to change it (probably ways of doing it with freezer spray though, best consult YouTube)

Yes that’s correct, the temperature valve is on the other side of the radiator
esar13/01/2020 11:05

By the way, what's wrong with it?

No nothing wrong with it, the tenant simply took them off.. Have no idea why she did that. It’s missing on every radiator throughout the property.
ccnp13/01/2020 11:35

That's a standard 15mm elbow lockshield + drain. The elbow at the bottom …That's a standard 15mm elbow lockshield + drain. The elbow at the bottom is an additional reducer for the small bore heating pipes.Toolstation, Screwfix, any plumbers merchants

Thank you so much for this
as said above, you only need to buy the plastic caps. you can also get them from ebay as well, like these ones

ebay.co.uk/itm…gio
It's a locksheild valve but a 15mm and 10mm compatible type. It has a fitting reducer in the pack that allows it to be fitted to 10mm pipe like yours is. You could get away with a 15mm locksheild valve to as you already have the reducer on the fitting which you could just move across if needed.
Also the plastic cap on top is a blank. The valve is set to balance the rad and a blank cap is fitted that does not allow the valve to be adjusted to stop people incorrectly adjusting the setting.
Edited by: "kash2013" 14th Jan
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions