Radiators any deals on and a boiler

Posted 23rd Nov
hi guys does anybody know where I can get some decent cheap radiators from I kinda need to replace a radiator for the whole house so I want the best and quite possibly the cheapest available is there any good deals on or if you know any store please feel free to share thank you

p.s I'm looking to buy a boiler around 33kw, my budget is about £1000.00 for the boiler, i know that vaillant and Worcester are the best boilers but they are a little outside of my budget. although I could potentially stretch to that if I can save money on radiators.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Dont skip on the boiler Vaillant is THE BEST!
And get a proper guy to fit it -= its probably the only job in my homes i would not do myself even though it is pretty easy its also easy to make a small mistake and end up gassed with CO!

Radiators are a dime a dozen cheap on ebay there are bulk suppliers!
I got two for £20 were £99.95 new (only slightly scratched!)
Depends how new you want em or if you can put up with a few scratches - bit of radiator paint on enamel for £5 B&Q and good as new!
Edited by: "omendata" 23rd Nov
omendata23/11/2019 21:17

Dont skip on the boiler Vaillant is THE BEST!And get a proper guy to fit …Dont skip on the boiler Vaillant is THE BEST!And get a proper guy to fit it -= its probably the only job in my homes i would not do myself even though it is pretty easy its also easy to make a small mistake and end up gassed with CO!Radiators are a dime a dozen cheap on ebay there are bulk suppliers!I got two for £20 were £99.95 new (only slightly scratched!)Depends how new you want em or if you can put up with a few scratches - bit of radiator paint on enamel for £5 B&Q and good as new!

Thank you, I'll take a look on Ebay and I'm stirring towards vaillant
ehsan11123/11/2019 21:24

Thank you, I'll take a look on Ebay and I'm stirring towards vaillant

Dont stir go for it.
My family have had one and its lasted 10 years with no problems even the engineers who come to work on it say its the best and they like to work on them as they are so reliable!

Make sure you do a rad flush though its essential once a year otherwise your radiators will rust from the inside and the boiler will have issues with the rust!
Hi mate have a look on broklyn trading. Ive purchased a few from them and they were the best prices around.
brooklyntrading.co.uk/pro…0mm

I would definitly stick to a named brand boiler. Worchester used to be the best but after speaking to many plumbers they are no any more reliable then other brands now.
I ve got a glow worm (valient) and its been very reliable with only 2 parts replaced in 12 years.
Just check that you have an installer who will fit with your own parts. Also watch out that you might pay a little bit extra for a whole package but you might get a much longer warranty.
Alot of plumbers / installers will have a make that they are accredited in installing and possibly have a decent price set up with the dealer. I had an Ideal boiler fitted recently and it's very good.
Edited by: "BaronVonDouche" 23rd Nov
Don’t discount supply and for from a plumber. I had a complete central heating system including pipe work installed by a plumber. They must have had a massive trade discount as when I priced everything up, the plumbers fitted price was only £1k more than I could source the boiler and radiators for, and that didn’t include the pipe work.
ktm66623/11/2019 21:50

Don’t discount supply and for from a plumber. I had a complete central h …Don’t discount supply and for from a plumber. I had a complete central heating system including pipe work installed by a plumber. They must have had a massive trade discount as when I priced everything up, the plumbers fitted price was only £1k more than I could source the boiler and radiators for, and that didn’t include the pipe work.

That's an amazing price
I just got a quote for a new boiler from British Gas for a 2 bedroom flat of £4k! Need scaffolding to fit the condensing pipe!
ehsan11123/11/2019 21:53

That's an amazing price

I wouldn’t say that.... it was still around £6k! But that was for oil, including a tank and a very expensive external boiler.
flang23/11/2019 21:33

Hi mate have a look on broklyn trading. Ive purchased a few from them and …Hi mate have a look on broklyn trading. Ive purchased a few from them and they were the best prices around.https://www.brooklyntrading.co.uk/products/quinn-round-top-radiator-double-panel-type-20-white-400-x-600mmI would definitly stick to a named brand boiler. Worchester used to be the best but after speaking to many plumbers they are no any more reliable then other brands now.I ve got a glow worm (valient) and its been very reliable with only 2 parts replaced in 12 years.

Haha thats who my old dear got her radiators from they are not bad at all!

PS. I think you are missing an E somewhere Flange!
Edited by: "omendata" 23rd Nov
Thank you, looking at brooklyn trading as I type, going to measure the radiators and hopefully place an order.
Try Mrcentralheating they do a good deal on boilers and rads
39091671-YsJ11.jpgRadiator deal
Edited by: "kash2013" 24th Nov
Do you want the best, or the cheapest, they are normally mutually exclusive.

I would suggest you get a couple of plumbers to quote for supply and fit, then gently suggest you might want to supply the boiler. If they're not VAT registered they may be more willing to accomodate. Be aware we all still add on our mark up, it's just hidden in the labour charge instead.
themorgatron24/11/2019 00:03

Do you want the best, or the cheapest, they are normally mutually …Do you want the best, or the cheapest, they are normally mutually exclusive.I would suggest you get a couple of plumbers to quote for supply and fit, then gently suggest you might want to supply the boiler. If they're not VAT registered they may be more willing to accomodate. Be aware we all still add on our mark up, it's just hidden in the labour charge instead.

I think what I meant to say was the best value for money, but thank you I will try that
omendata23/11/2019 21:32

Dont stir go for it.My family have had one and its lasted 10 years with no …Dont stir go for it.My family have had one and its lasted 10 years with no problems even the engineers who come to work on it say its the best and they like to work on them as they are so reliable!Make sure you do a rad flush though its essential once a year otherwise your radiators will rust from the inside and the boiler will have issues with the rust!

Radiator flush through once a year! What plumber sold you on that advice? Did they turn up in a Bentley van?

You should always add a corrosion inhibitor to the water loop and Possibly some form of magna-flow type device. As long as the loop stays sealed and is rarely topped up for pressure, most systems are fine.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants