Groups

Radiators ... Maybe Silly Question but ...

You know the knob on the radiators ... the one marked 0-5 ... which way do you turn them to put them hot? Clock wise or anti clock wise to turn them up?

The ones on my radiators are not in line so not sure which way to turn to make them hot

I know probably a silly question and before you say ... Im not troll ... I'm seriously asking this questions lol

12 Comments

5 is hotter so turn it towards 5.

Original Poster

stuarthanley

5 is hotter so turn it towards 5.

But the 5 is on both sides ... if I turn it all the way left it shows 2 ... if I turn it all the way right it shows ... 2 ...

Soo I don't know which way is to turn it hot and which to turn it to cold ...

clockwise - hot

Mine start 1 on the left and 5 on the right.

Turn it to five and wait five minutes.
    If it's cold try something different?

make sure the lock shield is open

deviouspaul

clockwise - hot

Nice try

anti clockwise that is like opening a tap.. This makes hot water flow through it in full flow. consider it is a tap into the radiator.

Oh my god. Is there any reason at all why you can just turn it one way and see if it goes hot? If it doesn't, it's a pretty safe bet that turning it the other way will make it go hot. A bit like a light switch. Do you struggle with those too?

Righty (clockwise) tighty (off),
    Lefty (anti-cloxckwise) loosey (on)

Original Poster

craigstephens

Oh my god. Is there any reason at all why you can just turn it one way … Oh my god. Is there any reason at all why you can just turn it one way and see if it goes hot? If it doesn't, it's a pretty safe bet that turning it the other way will make it go hot. A bit like a light switch. Do you struggle with those too?

Yeah I do ... may open a new thread to ask about it. ... it's so difficult to understand ... thanks for your input

Just an addendum to the other comments.
    Those numbered valves can be unscrewed from the top without any water getting out as they just push on a pin
    youtu.be/xFL…tPI
    http://www.omally.co.uk/images/060110/trv2.jpg
    Hopefully, the pin is moving.
    Just check the valve on the other end and see if that valve is open too!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826358
      2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710948
      3. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2261
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767245

See more discussions