Radio 1 big weekend. Well done to all those making profit from it!!

I am rubbish at this so have most likely put this in the wrong place! Sorry. All I wanted to say is ........ I want to make a stand against those people who applied for tickets, got them and promptly put them on ebay! I hope they enjoy the profit they make and are happy that they stopped those of us who REALLY wanted to go from getting a look in! Me and a million of my friends applied (all from Maidstone and surrounding areas). That's all really!

11 Comments

Moved to misc forum....

They are supposed to be prohibited for sale on ebay, I think if you report them they will be removed.

Wow, you have a million friends? Bet Christmas cards are a pain to do. :w00t:

nightswimmer;2007515

Wow, you have a million friends? Bet Christmas cards are a pain to do. … Wow, you have a million friends? Bet Christmas cards are a pain to do. :w00t:

hehe:-D

I'm a bit confused. How have the stopped other people going if they've put them up for sale? They'd be stopping other people going if they went themselves. If the BBC are incapable of setting a proper price then people are going to step in and sell them at their full market value. I can't see anything wrong with that, it's the basis of our economic system.

I shall be speaking to someone I know at the BBC tomorrow about this to see if the auctions can be removed forcibly by BBC from ebay etc, we shall see what happens.

Mike..

MikeBeaver;2007568

I shall be speaking to someone I know at the BBC tomorrow about this to … I shall be speaking to someone I know at the BBC tomorrow about this to see if the auctions can be removed forcibly by BBC from ebay etc, we shall see what happens.

They ]didn't manage to last year.

ferret1603;2007544

I'm a bit confused. How have the stopped other people going if they've … I'm a bit confused. How have the stopped other people going if they've put them up for sale? They'd be stopping other people going if they went themselves. If the BBC are incapable of setting a proper price then people are going to step in and sell them at their full market value. I can't see anything wrong with that, it's the basis of our economic system.

I agree - market forces will rule. I can't see anything wrong so long as the seller gets their tickets through legitimate channels. If you wanted a ticket and didn't get one either buy one or go without - same as everything else that you might want!

In accordance with our free tickets policy, please note that the sale of tickets for the following free event is prohibited:

Radio 1's Big Weekend – 10/11 May, Mote Park, Maidstone, Kent.

Regards,

The eBay Team

Original Poster

It is a pain sending a million Xmas cards, yes! I just had the most fun ever messaging all the sellers of these tickets on ebay saying just 'I hope you get immense pleasure from the profit you make!' Nuff said??

Original Poster

I should just point out that I have V festival tickets so will see The Kooks and Newton Faulkner anyway and also have a spare ticket available as one of my million friends has gone off travelling ........... this will be sold for face value to someone who appreciates music too and not to make a profit! I shall most surely get my reward in heaven!??
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1214
    4. GOT Leaks again614

See more discussions