Radio 1. Is it really annoying or is it just me?

Found 12th Dec 2013
On the way to and from work i often listen to radio 1. I just find the presenters so annoying and cringey, to the point its like running fingernails down a blackboard.

Anyone else want to hang the DJ?
Community Updates
MiscRadio
49 Comments
Just the plum in the morning , greg james is ok on the way home
#trend
Chris Evans on Radio 2 in the morning is fantastic.

I stopped listening to Radio 1 after Moyles left. Nick Grimshaw is a complete tool, i tried to give him a chance but after an entire week of mostly One Direction in the morning it was either move station or drive my car into a tree.
Edited by: "spritey" 12th Dec 2013
It's annoying
All self obsessed tools if you ask me.
Grimshaw is awful, Scott Mills is the only one worth listening to R1 has gone down the pan the last few years. Greg James is just horrendous , a show full of prerecords and limited entertainment.
Spot the over 30s
Radio one went down hill years ago,either listen to radio two or local radio which is the beach or wait for it......radio Norwich AHA!!!!
gbspurs

Spot the over 30s

Ahem... I'm 29 ;).
Totally agree above. Scott Mills is ace, the rest are pure ****
I never liked Radio 1 as a kid, let alone as a 40 yr old. Pretentious crap with vile music.

I stopped listening to Radio 1 after Moyles left. Nick Grimshaw is a … I stopped listening to Radio 1 after Moyles left. Nick Grimshaw is a complete tool, i tried to give him a chance but after an entire week of mostly One Direction in the morning it was either move station or drive my car into a tree.

Could'nt Agree more, in fact I stopped listening too after 2 days, bring back Moylesy and the team.
moviezone1972

Could'nt Agree more, in fact I stopped listening too after 2 days, bring … Could'nt Agree more, in fact I stopped listening too after 2 days, bring back Moylesy and the team.

Problem i had is Moyles could be annoying but they all had good banter and he wasn't trying to appeal to an audience in a direct way, Grimshaw is blatantly trying to appeal younger people, you know, the ones who typically don't own a car and commute every day to work.. So instead you're subjected to the most god awful music and puerile commentary, makes you want to brain him with a concrete block.
Edited by: "spritey" 12th Dec 2013
spritey

Chris Evans on Radio 2 in the morning is fantastic.I stopped listening to … Chris Evans on Radio 2 in the morning is fantastic.I stopped listening to Radio 1 after Moyles left. Nick Grimshaw is a complete tool, i tried to give him a chance but after an entire week of mostly One Direction in the morning it was either move station or drive my car into a tree.

totally agree! I think the only person could take over the breakfast show is Scott Mills
Sounds like your getting old lol
mclean_stuart21

totally agree! I think the only person could take over the breakfast show … totally agree! I think the only person could take over the breakfast show is Scott Mills

Aye, used to really enjoy Moyles on the morning drive and Mills on the drive home. Dave and Chappers were perfect for each.
i hate the way they all try to sound cool and make their voices sound seductive
xscrafter

Sounds like your getting old lol

As i'm rapidly turning 30 years, i won't deny my taste in things are changing... But crap is still crap, whatever age you are.
All that boom boom music!
No way, the wireless is for plays.
Must admit I gave up listening to it when I was about 30 and then realised I had become my mum
deleted568030
The seven ages of man - Radio 1 > Radio 2 > Smooth FM > Five Live > Capital Gold > Classic FM > Radio Gaga oO
Jack fm, all the way
Grimshaw ruined mornings on radio 1. Radio 2 is much better.
I hate all the inane banter
It's Jeremy Vine on radio 2 that does my head in.
Anyone who stopped listening after Moyes left clearly doesn't like listening to music on a radio show.
Every time I tuned into that guys show all he was doing was talking! Was delighted when they got shot of him.
Dire station now. Was a dire station with Moyles too btw

I don't know why this popped in my head but...

Elton Chong

i hate the way they all try to sound cool and make their voices sound … i hate the way they all try to sound cool and make their voices sound seductivewhen I'm cleaning windows

http://george-formby-stourbridge-branch.webs.com/home_files/george2.gif

booky

The seven ages of man - Radio 1 Radio 2 Smooth FM Five Live Capital … The seven ages of man - Radio 1 > Radio 2 > Smooth FM > Five Live > Capital Gold > Classic FM > Radio Gaga oO

Does Heart FM fit in anywhere? I seem to end up listening to that first thing in the morning.
I might sound old but radio one is awful now, everything from the music to the dj's... Whatever happened to having a decent day time show like mark and lard, brilliant show and they also played some great new music, introduced me to a lot of new indie bands.

I haven't listened to radio 1 since moyles left, radio 2 for me now, jeremy vines show is really good
Edited by: "souljacker" 13th Dec 2013
Given up on radio, more of a podcast man now!
Yes let's never make a thread discussing opinions
Stop listening to it about 5 years ago, radio 2 for me. It'll be cardies and warm slippers for me soon
Yeah but he said he often listens to it but can't stand the presenters, why continue to listen to something you hate that much??
souljacker

Yeah but he said he often listens to it but can't stand the presenters, … Yeah but he said he often listens to it but can't stand the presenters, why continue to listen to something you hate that much??

Mmm, I dunno, maybe he likes the music type they play?
sofia_the_last

Stop listening to it about 5 years ago, radio 2 for me. It'll be cardies … Stop listening to it about 5 years ago, radio 2 for me. It'll be cardies and warm slippers for me soon

It's bad when you start listening to Smooth FM, I haven't even hit my thirties yet X)
abch4

Mmm, I dunno, maybe he likes the music type they play?

Possibly, but if the dj's annoy you that much you would just find another station, its not like radio 1 plays some obscure music nobody else plays, it's as mainstream as it gets
souljacker

Possibly, but if the dj's annoy you that much you would just find another … Possibly, but if the dj's annoy you that much you would just find another station, its not like radio 1 plays some obscure music nobody else plays, it's as mainstream as it gets

Well I dunno as I never listen to it X) Nick Grimshaw is enough to deter me.

Still don't see a problem posting a thread about it though
Agreed on nick grimshaw, that's what finally stopped me listening ,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants