Groups

Radio Code

Hello,

Granda has just bought a new (2nd Hand) car..

Its an old Volvo (f Reg)

The stereo is asking for code...

Can anyone supply me with a code?

Radio is CR-702

Thanks

15 Comments

F reg? wow... classic

the volvo dealer? ours was the same-newer car tho but fiat gave the code to the dealer for us..
    im sure there is a way of getting into then tho..

Maybe in a handbook or even written on the unit if removed.

Do you know the difference between a Volvo and a hedgehog ?

We phoned nearest Volvo Garage to us, gave them the reg no and chassis no and they gave us the radio code there and then.

i thought that was 4x4 drivers!

retiredcynic

Do you know the difference between a Volvo and a hedgehog ?

Teragram

We phoned nearest Volvo Garage to us, gave them the reg no and chassis no … We phoned nearest Volvo Garage to us, gave them the reg no and chassis no and they gave us the radio code there and then.

swat i sed

Original Poster

I thought dealers charged?

Greg - Took the unit out, no sign of a code, will tell him to check the handbook, thanks

Banned

You will need to open it up and determine the diode sequence. Then you'll need to find a calculator for the CR-702 (I can only find CR-705 calculators online) to convert the 12 digit sequence into an unlock code. See here for the guide but I think they charge you for the unlock code:

dndservices.co.uk/htm…htm
    Edited by: "Danielj88" 23rd Mar 2011

Banned

Original Poster

dimebars

Nice effort, shame it only uses numbers 1 to 6

6406 then.

Original Poster

Danielj88

You will need to open it up and determine the diode sequence. Then you'll … You will need to open it up and determine the diode sequence. Then you'll need to find a calculator for the CR-702 (I can only find CR-705 calculators online) to convert the 12 digit sequence into an unlock code. See here for the guide but I think they charge you for the unlock code:http://www.dndservices.co.uk/htmls/flash_htmls/decode/decodevolvocr702.htm

Thanks, will look into this!

Maybe ebay? Seem to remember getting one for my old focus a few years ago for a couple of quid

Original Poster

sancho1983

Maybe ebay? Seem to remember getting one for my old focus a few years ago … Maybe ebay? Seem to remember getting one for my old focus a few years ago for a couple of quid

Cheers, just looked £8 is the cheapest. Thanks
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …210594
      2. Best advert ever to be seen.88
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614118
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523435

See more discussions