Groups

Rafa spits the dummy

Banned
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez refused to congratulate Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson for beating his side to the Premier League title.
    "I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good club," he said after Liverpool beat West Brom 2-0.
    "Normally you have to be polite and respect the other manager but during the season we have seen a lot of things that I didn't like, so that's it.
    "I say congratulations to United because they have won. And that's it."

58 Comments

"I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good club,"

Hardly spitting the dummy :?

Original Poster Banned

emi;5245737

"I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good … "I prefer just to say well done to the club, a big club, a good club,"Hardly spitting the dummy :?

Hardly what we would call good sportsmanship.

Banned

Sour grapes!!!

Rafa can't handle the pressure as he showed with his previous outburst ealier in the season when Liverpool were on top

Banned

yeah like ferguson would come and congratlate him....

nonsense story looking to brown tongue ferguson even more

same thing was mentioned on motd.....they only won on sat ffs , pool played themselves yesterday

what day is it....mon.....

FilthAndFurry;5245741

Hardly what we would call good sportsmanship.

But Ferguson is the one Benitez views as lacking in sportsmanship. And I tend to agree with him.

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;5245778

But Ferguson is the one Benitez views as lacking in sportsmanship. And I … But Ferguson is the one Benitez views as lacking in sportsmanship. And I tend to agree with him.

What Fergie does is during the season. When the game is over, you go to the bar, have a drink and congratulate the winner.

Banned

man if the bbc pundits get any further up him theyll be popping out his mouth

just coz he still refuses to talk to the bbc.....they lick and lick

eventually he will speak to them again but they wont dare say a bad word about him which is his plan excatly

joke

Who cares, it's all about Birmingham City FC next season ........

:roll:(YES I AM BEING SARCY BEFORE PEOPLE JUMP IN BEING ALL SERIOUS)

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5245796

What Fergie does is during the season. When the game is over, you go to … What Fergie does is during the season. When the game is over, you go to the bar, have a drink and congratulate the winner.

when has fergie done that exactly?

bearing in mind that it happened less than 2 days ago.... i hardly think its been given time when they played them selves yesterday.... and with press speculation l;ike this

hardly making it any easier for either to forgive n forget with daft people believing what the press print

smithyp1;5245826

Who cares, it's all about Birmingham City FC next season ........ … Who cares, it's all about Birmingham City FC next season ........ :):roll:(YES I AM BEING SARCY BEFORE PEOPLE JUMP IN BEING ALL SERIOUS)

Hopefully it will be... Villa's goal difference has taken a battering by not playing the blues... looking forward to another 5 - 1 scoreline... :-D

Fergie and Benitiz are just as sporting to each other. Think this won't be the last time we hear whine either way. I like it, just shows they both care about there club and a pasionate about what there doing.

andyat2002;5245852

Hopefully it will be... Villa's goal difference has taken a battering by … Hopefully it will be... Villa's goal difference has taken a battering by not playing the blues... looking forward to another 5 - 1 scoreline... :-D

Here we go .......... :-D

Shall we talk about our derby results since we returned to the top flight?

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;5245849

when has fergie done that exactly?bearing in mind that it happened less … when has fergie done that exactly?bearing in mind that it happened less than 2 days ago.... i hardly think its been given time when they played them selves yesterday.... and with press speculation l;ike thishardly making it any easier for either to forgive n forget with daft people believing what the press print

I remember Fergie and Mourinho often praised each other.

FilthAndFurry;5245796

What Fergie does is during the season. When the game is over, you go to … What Fergie does is during the season. When the game is over, you go to the bar, have a drink and congratulate the winner.

So the victor is entitled to automatic respect by virtue of winning? :?

Rafa made some valid criticisms of Ferguson's 'tactics' during the season - don't see why he should congratulate the man for them now. Congratulate the team certainly, which he did.

Adam2050;5245869

Fergie and Benitiz are just as sporting to each other. Think this won't … Fergie and Benitiz are just as sporting to each other. Think this won't be the last time we hear whine either way. I like it, just shows they both care about there club and a pasionate about what there doing.

Agreed, I don't think either of them will ever be overly gratious to each other, at the end of the day Benitez has just lost to him. Hardly likely to give him a big hug is he?

Spitting his dummy it isn't.

Saying the bare minimum, who could blame anyone after spending 9 months hard work and losing out by such a small margin.

Shall we talk about our derby results since we returned to the top flight?

lol - shall we not - lets just focus on the 5-1 eh

I seem to have blocked the games before that out :-o

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;5245919

So the victor is entitled to automatic respect by virtue of winning? :? … So the victor is entitled to automatic respect by virtue of winning? :? Rafa made some valid criticisms of Ferguson's 'tactics' during the season - don't see why he should congratulate the man for them now. Congratulate the team certainly, which he did.

Because it's what you do. The game is over, the better team won so you say well done, make a tunnel and have a beer.

worto03;5245939

lol - shall we not - lets just focus on the 5-1 eh :)I seem to have … lol - shall we not - lets just focus on the 5-1 eh :)I seem to have blocked the games before that out :-o

I wonder why ..... ;-)

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5245908

I remember Fergie and Mourinho often praised each other.

yeah right and you dont think that has got any thing to do with the fact ferguson wants him to take over at united eventually

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;5245958

yeah right and you dont think that has got any thing to do with the fact … yeah right and you dont think that has got any thing to do with the fact ferguson wants him to take over at united eventually

I would've thought one could say the same about David Moyes.

All Rafa had to do was say the best team won. Maybe if he had written it down on a piece of paper first...:whistling:

I think Rafa realises this was his best chance and it's gone. Utd had a stuttering season and Chelsea sacked a manager halfway through. Arsenal will also be stronger next season.

Rafa will be gone by the end of next season.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5245992

I would've thought one could say the same about David Moyes. All Rafa had … I would've thought one could say the same about David Moyes. All Rafa had to do was say the best team won. Maybe if he had written it down on a piece of paper first...:whistling:I think Rafa realises this was his best chance and it's gone. Utd had a stuttering season and Chelsea sacked a manager halfway through. Arsenal will also be stronger next season.Rafa will be gone by the end of next season.

what are you talking about....

ferguson has publicly come out and said he hopes the special 1 will succeed him at united as well as wenger....you cant burn all your bridges

yeah coz utd won by a huge margin didnt they

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;5246008

what are you talking about....ferguson has publicly come out and said he … what are you talking about....ferguson has publicly come out and said he hopes the special 1 will succeed him at united as well as wenger....you cant burn all your bridgesyeah coz utd won by a huge margin didnt they

"I don’t like talking about my successor because I have no plans to retire. It’s not my decision anyway. Definitely not my decision. That will lie with David Gill and the owners so why should I get involved in it?

"I did bring David Moyes over to the house one day and spoke to him about the job. But I felt maybe at the time he was a fraction young."

casparwhite;5246008

what are you talking about....ferguson has publicly come out and said he … what are you talking about....ferguson has publicly come out and said he hopes the special 1 will succeed him at united as well as wenger....you cant burn all your bridgesyeah coz utd won by a huge margin didnt they

I know a lot of United fans and they were actually impressed with Liverpool this year, and were a little worried up until the last few games. I personally think Liverpool will Win it next year if they improve the squad.

I have great respect for Fergie for what hes done at united, but I can't see it continuing for much longer, and I hope the beat Barca - Liverpool fan here.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5246049

"I don’t like talking about my successor because I have no plans to r … "I don’t like talking about my successor because I have no plans to retire. It’s not my decision anyway. Definitely not my decision. That will lie with David Gill and the owners so why should I get involved in it?"I did bring David Moyes over to the house one day and spoke to him about the job. But I felt maybe at the time he was a fraction young."

source?

heres the first link i came across 1 month ago
    mirror.co.uk/spo…83/

FilthAndFurry;5245944

Because it's what you do. The game is over, the better team won so you … Because it's what you do. The game is over, the better team won so you say well done, make a tunnel and have a beer.

Principled people make their own decisions about what to say and how to behave. They don't follow conventions. Bit surprised you follow the "it's what one does" idea actually. Maybe explains your deference to Blair's position? i.e. One does not criticise the leader kind of attitude? Or is sport somehow different?

Original Poster Banned

Liddle ol' me;5246098

Principled people make their own decisions about what to say and how to … Principled people make their own decisions about what to say and how to behave. They don't follow conventions. Bit surprised you follow the "it's what one does" idea actually. Maybe explains your deference to Blair's position? i.e. One does not criticise the leader kind of attitude? Or is sport somehow different?

There's plenty to criticise Blair for. How much he's earnt since leaving office isn't particularly high on the list.

But with sports, I've been brought up to share a beer with the guy who leaves stud marks on your back.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5246049

"I don’t like talking about my successor because I have no plans to r … "I don’t like talking about my successor because I have no plans to retire. It’s not my decision anyway. Definitely not my decision. That will lie with David Gill and the owners so why should I get involved in it?"I did bring David Moyes over to the house one day and spoke to him about the job. But I felt maybe at the time he was a fraction young."

casparwhite;5246077

source?heres the first link i came across 1 month … source?heres the first link i came across 1 month agohttp://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/04/10/alex-ferguson-tips-jose-mourinho-to-succeed-him-at-manchester-united-but-not-quite-yet-115875-21268683/

:whistling: when has he had moyes over to discuss then exactlly and where did you even get such a bs quote?

Adam2050;5246056

I know a lot of United fans and they were actually impressed with … I know a lot of United fans and they were actually impressed with Liverpool this year, and were a little worried up until the last few games. [SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]I personally think Liverpool will Win it next year [/COLOR][/SIZE]if they improve the squad. I have great respect for Fergie for what hes done at united, but I can't see it continuing for much longer, and I hope the beat Barca - Liverpool fan here.

lololololol

If i had a quid for every season i heard that one from the scouse reds......:p:p:p

...20 years :thumbsup:

FilthAndFurry;5246140

There's plenty to criticise Blair for. How much he's earnt since leaving … There's plenty to criticise Blair for. How much he's earnt since leaving office isn't particularly high on the list.But with sports, I've been brought up to share a beer with the guy who leaves stud marks on your back.

It's the links between the issues you should be focusing on re Blair - i.e. where, how and why the money has flowed the way it has.

Re sports etiquette, if you are a believer in doing things based on what you have been brought up to believe, then surely you should afford the same to others re their religious beliefs etc.? I was brought up to believe in god, but now that I've learned to think for myself I refuse to follow that belief. I follow my own understandings and principles about how the world works and how I should respond to situations.

I can't see any difference with sport. Rafa is holding his personal beliefs and principles above what others may think is the 'right' thing to do. That takes guts and deserves respect imo.

££ JASE ££;5246225

lolololololIf i had a quid for every season i heard that one from the … lolololololIf i had a quid for every season i heard that one from the scouse reds......:p:p:p...20 years :thumbsup:

££ Jase ££ you need to start explaining yourself.:thumbsup:

You just respond with nothing.

Liverpool will finish 2nd this year with best improvement in the 1st league since 1988 I believe. We have so far lost 2 games all season in the premier, next team has lost 5. It was the draws that stopped us this year.

Wonder if Barry will go to Liverpool in the summer?

Original Poster Banned

Adam2050;5246266

££ Jase ££ you need to start explaining yourself.:thumbsup:You just res … ££ Jase ££ you need to start explaining yourself.:thumbsup:You just respond with nothing.Liverpool will finish 2nd this year with best improvement in the 1st league since 1988 I believe. We have so far lost 2 games all season in the premier, next team has lost 5. It was the draws that stopped us this year.

You really think you'll be better than Chelsea next year, let alone Man Utd?

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5246049

casparwhite;5246077

source?heres the first link i came across 1 month … source?heres the first link i came across 1 month agohttp://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/04/10/alex-ferguson-tips-jose-mourinho-to-succeed-him-at-manchester-united-but-not-quite-yet-115875-21268683/

casparwhite;5246166

:whistling: when has he had moyes over to discuss then exactlly and where … :whistling: when has he had moyes over to discuss then exactlly and where did you even get such a bs quote?

still waiting.....:whistling:

whats up you realised you found the wrong thing in google for a change....

thought so....all your comments seem to be taken from a few clicks in google from what i noticed

Original Poster Banned

greg_68;5246289

Wonder if Barry will go to Liverpool in the summer?

I really hope he does. The talk was that Rafa bought Riera because he couldn't get Barry....

he's going to stick Barry on the left wing:-D:-D:p:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;5246299

still waiting.....:whistling:whats up you realised you found the wrong … still waiting.....:whistling:whats up you realised you found the wrong thing in google for a change....thought so....all your comments seem to be taken from a few clicks in google from what i noticed

It was a mistake and I should've fact checked it.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5246307

It was a mistake and I should've fact checked it.

pwned

how about talking about something you actually know about instead of copy n pasteing google all day long

Adam2050;5246266

££ Jase ££ you need to start explaining yourself.:thumbsup:You just res … ££ Jase ££ you need to start explaining yourself.:thumbsup:You just respond with nothing.Liverpool will finish 2nd this year with best improvement in the 1st league since 1988 I believe. We have so far lost 2 games all season in the premier, next team has lost 5. It was the draws that stopped us this year.

Ok i will explain, plain and simple.
    Next season you WILL NOT take 6 points off us like you did this season, and if like many seasons before this one we take 6 off you that will make an extra 12 point gap between us.
    Draws or not, Rafa will not win the premiership, and the point i was making was EVERY season LIverpool fans tell me 'next season is their season.

Just makes me Pmsrofl!!

Happy?!

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;5246325

pwnedhow about talking about something you actually know about instead of … pwnedhow about talking about something you actually know about instead of copy n pasteing google all day long

Dear lawdy you seem overexcited.

FilthAndFurry;5246297

You really think you'll be better than Chelsea next year, let alone Man … You really think you'll be better than Chelsea next year, let alone Man Utd?

Err yeh?:thumbsup:

If you check the points agains't the top four were a clear few points ahead.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Baby seat hiring car abroad23
      2. How to rejoin BT as New Customer when already with them?23
      3. Hamburg at christmas22
      4. Biscuit addiction1645

See more discussions