Rage: Pop Up Tent. Anyone used one?

15 replies
Found 13th Jul 2010
And if so, what was the quality like? Obviously they are easy to put up and have a HH rating of 3000 but are they actually any good for a few days camping in Scottish weather?

tentastic.co.uk/leb…tml

1. Misc
  2. Tent
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Tent
15 Comments

Original Poster

Dunno, but if its rubbish use it as a kite instead.

to be honest it doesn't look too good, seems to be single skin only.

Any reason you want a popup?

Original Poster

yeah, wasn't sure if the picture was incomplete but the spec doesn't mention it. Will get something else

have you looked at the Decathlon site, I've got a pop up tent from there, a very good tent for the price.

Original Poster

richp

have you looked at the Decathlon site, I've got a pop up tent from there, … have you looked at the Decathlon site, I've got a pop up tent from there, a very good tent for the price.

Perfect, thanks

Better tents if you can spend a few quid more.
Plus ignore the info that single skin tents are useless, this has a HH of 3000 and is more than adequate if it rains.

Hey mate - not the biggest camper but think 3000mm would suffice, although at £45 there are some better deals to be had, Millets etc.. sometimes have offers of spend x and get a amount off or if you have a local store there seem to be a lot of sale tents at the moment.

Was in one in Essex on the weekend and had some great tents half price, worth checking out

I have a two person pop-up tent but I'm not that keen on it, while it can be set up quickly it's not so easy to get it folded up correctly to put away. I guess it becomes easier with practice but I have a similar design for my lighting studio and it's a pain in the neck as well.

The shape is also awkward as it's a reasonably large circular shape, fine for the car but not much good for travelling on a bike or similar as it can't easily be stuffed alongside the other usual bits and pieces.

John

scoff

Better tents if you can spend a few quid more.Plus ignore the info that … Better tents if you can spend a few quid more.Plus ignore the info that single skin tents are useless, this has a HH of 3000 and is more than adequate if it rains.

It's more that if something is touching the sides, and it will unless your 4 foot or have no stuff, then it will get wet

I would of thought most people know not to touch the sides of the tent anyway. I wouldn't say it was any good for 4 people but there should be ample space for 2 and belongings without having to touch the sides. But like i said their are better tents out there.

scoff

Better tents if you can spend a few quid more.Plus ignore the info that … Better tents if you can spend a few quid more.Plus ignore the info that single skin tents are useless, this has a HH of 3000 and is more than adequate if it rains.

The problem with single skin tents is condensation caused by lack of ventilation - if there's 4 of you in a single skin tent then it won't matter what the weather is doing outside as it will be raining inside!

Been looking at getting a pop up tent for leeds fest - should i get a 1 man pop up or a 2 man pop up?

Just gonna be me sleeping in there, but is there enough room for a bag aswell.?

If you need room for your kit then go for a 2-man tent
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247664
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz22
    3. #KoemanIn, Thank You Koeman for trying to get Everton relegated!1013
    4. Linkin Park and Friends Celebrate Life in Honor of Chester Bennington strea…66

See more discussions