Railcard query

Found 10th Aug 2008
Ok I have a young persons railcard but misplaced it and going away for day tommorow.

I cant find it anywhere but dont want to go into town just to get a replacement as even then id pay like £2 just to get there, then spend about 10 minutes queuing up and need to get photos taken so means getting there another 30 odd minutes early and another £4

I was thinking of contacting the station but they may just say come early and do what I said.

Im worried if i get on train the ticket guard may be nasty as in past left card at home and had to pay the full rate which came to £45 more and got a mouthful of abuse saying I was lying and trying to con them

I have my receipt to prove I bought one and photo id but you know what staff are like

What should I do?

1. Misc
  2. Railcard
10 Comments

Banned

go get another one

sassie;2719204

go get another one

agree.......if its still going to save you money in the long run, I doubt you have much choice other than to replace it.

When you bought the 1st one you should have been given a tear off bit from the application form which has your details for a replacement?

[COLOR="Purple"]I was sitting in front of someone on the train last week who'd had their wallet stolen with their railcard. Although he'd shown his railcard to buy his ticket, the ticket collector fined him because he didn't have his railcard with him! Get a replacement![/COLOR]

Original Poster

Titchimp;2719240

When you bought the 1st one you should have been given a tear off bit … When you bought the 1st one you should have been given a tear off bit from the application form which has your details for a replacement?

Yep thats the receipt I have but remember being told its £5 to replace which mounts up with the £4 photo and £2 for the bus fare plus like an hour out of my time.

I remember having it a few weeks ago as I changed rooms in the house and remember putting it on the side of my chest of drawers but havent seen it since.

Banned

print your poto online £4 saved, its pretty obvious you have two choices, either get another or pay full price

check it hasnt fallen down the back or into a drawer - lost my phone drove me nuts, but my sister went on holiday and she had it and had forgotten to tell me she had found it in her car (it was only a spare phone but still!)

Original Poster

Still aint found it yet, checked all my drawers now its under the bed, only place apart from that it could be is in the wardrobe but its full of bags so would take ages to find if its there if at all.

Hoping though

Original Poster

FFs now lost the receipt must of been when tidying room

Spent an hour looking for it grrr

Original Poster

And the irony

Just checked through my bag for tommorow and there it is(the receipt not the railcard)
Post a comment
@
    Text