Groups

Rain/Cycling Jacket sizing measurement - help me decide which size I need PLEASE

Hi guys, I am ordering a jacket but the companies sizing can vary, and I don't have a measuring tape, so I don't know how I measure up. Hoping someone who's knowledgeable can help me decide.

I'm normally a Mens Medium in all my jackets. Based off the sizing in the chart, does it look like a safe bet to go with that here, or does it look like they come up smaller/bigger, and/or need to go up/down a size.

THANKS

7 Comments

Original Poster

[img]ksr-ugc.imgix.net/ass…jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1472381516&auto=format&q=92&s=447dceb417cded842e9c01b0a3cac212[/img]

[img]ksr-ugc.imgix.net/ass…png?w=639&fit=max&v=1472381528&auto=format&lossless=true&s=aca75729e2b04545587de6e279f349c0[/img]

Try and find a review on the jacket - Amazon or a cycling retailers website (or Google Proviz jackets reviews) amongst the reviews there should be many who will state whether the jackets come up larger or smaller than average .

Original Poster

rogparki

Try and find a review on the jacket - Amazon or a cycling retailers … Try and find a review on the jacket - Amazon or a cycling retailers website (or Google Proviz jackets reviews) amongst the reviews there should be many who will state whether the jackets come up larger or smaller than average .

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a jacket on pre-order that is not out yet (via kickstarter). A lot of people raised concern on their sizing for their previous two model's, as they too, not consistent neither.

MRR_ltd

Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a jacket on pre-order that is not … Thanks for the suggestion, but this is a jacket on pre-order that is not out yet (via kickstarter). A lot of people raised concern on their sizing for their previous two model's, as they too, not consistent neither.

Generally Medium is 38" - 40 " (97-102 cm ) so you are probably either . With a jacket you may want to have a fleece or jumper under it come the cold weather so I would go for large .

My chest measurement is also medium - but with the onset of a "paunch" I find size "L" is a more comfortable option and doesn't look too baggy . I don't think you would want a rain jacket to be tight so I would go for a large based on their sizing charts .

Oh and as for measuring , improvise , use a belt , string , wire for instance - mark where it comes to round your chest (right under the armpits ) . Then measure against something of known dimensions ( A4 paper for instance is 29.6 cm or 11.8" ) better still a ruler if you have one handy or your tele (remember the screen size is diagonal ) .

Original Poster

rogparki

Generally Medium is 38" - 40 " (97-102 cm ) so you are probably either . … Generally Medium is 38" - 40 " (97-102 cm ) so you are probably either . With a jacket you may want to have a fleece or jumper under it come the cold weather so I would go for large . My chest measurement is also medium - but with the onset of a "paunch" I find size "L" is a more comfortable option and doesn't look too baggy . I don't think you would want a rain jacket to be tight so I would go for a large based on their sizing charts .

rogparki

Oh and as for measuring , improvise , use a belt , string , wire for … Oh and as for measuring , improvise , use a belt , string , wire for instance - mark where it comes to round your chest (right under the armpits ) . Then measure against something of known dimensions ( A4 paper for instance is 29.6 cm or 11.8" ) better still a ruler if you have one handy or your tele (remember the screen size is diagonal ) .

Thank you so much! You don't know how helpful your responses were in helping me make my mind up!

After taking careful consideration at the points you made, and using the string method with a ruler - I'm going with Large!

Cheers

Cycling clothing generally comes up small. I'm usually a L or XL but in cycling gear I always find myself with lots of X's
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Why do people scam on Gumtree?68
      2. is it still possible/easy to add the playstore to a new kindle fire 811
      3. GP Vaccinations: telling patient they are out of stock and go private66
      4. Sky or virgin11

See more discussions