Rajinder just threatened to cut off my internet :)

Posted 21st Feb
Had a phone call from Rajinder informing me that my Virgin media account has been hacked and he was able to rectify the problem. After asking how many lights were showing on my router, he got a bit flummoxed when I said there were three green lights.
By the end of the conversation he was complaining about something he said I did to someone's mother, and said he was going to cut off my internet and destroy my devices.
Not with Virgin btw.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article.

Everyone know that people who phone you up from a scam call centre based in India have names like: Martin, Alan, Colin, or Brian (yes, even the girls).
Hi Rajinder

39954718-Uw9r5.jpg
I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with my dad.

People bait them for a living, scambaiting is a joy to watch - love watching people like Kitboga and Jim Browning

reddit.com/r/K…ww/
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Feb
I get them from "BT technical department" quite frequently. I just advise them to go jump off the nearest cliff, get a proper job etc.. Just recently I curse them with the Corona virus.
26 Comments
I support some people get sucked in! Wonder what the hit rate is?
compadre21/02/2020 13:08

I support some people get sucked in! Wonder what the hit rate is?

Definitely high enough to be profitable to these conmen.
I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with my dad.

People bait them for a living, scambaiting is a joy to watch - love watching people like Kitboga and Jim Browning

reddit.com/r/K…ww/
Edited by: "jamie15" 21st Feb
Had three of these calls yesterday
Edited by: "HettyLB" 21st Feb
jamie1521/02/2020 13:31

I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with …I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with my dad. People bait them for a living, scambaiting is a joy to watch - love watching people like Kitboga and Jim Browning

How do they get so many people calling them though? I never receive any calls.
smashed21/02/2020 13:46

How do they get so many people calling them though? I never receive any …How do they get so many people calling them though? I never receive any calls.

What’s your number and I’ll pass it on to them.
smashed21/02/2020 13:46

How do they get so many people calling them though? I never receive any …How do they get so many people calling them though? I never receive any calls.

Baiters call them and also sign up to lots of spammy lists to get these calls.
From an old b3ta thread about trolls b3ta.com/que…ls/39954239-5iOJC.jpg
Edited by: "louiselouise" 21st Feb
I get them from "BT technical department" quite frequently. I just advise them to go jump off the nearest cliff, get a proper job etc.. Just recently I curse them with the Corona virus.
Rajinder is a &@£!
Hi Rajinder

39954718-Uw9r5.jpg
Gollywood21/02/2020 15:52

Hi Rajinder[Image]

Oh man, the last time I laughed so hard I nearly peed myself was watching Phonejacker in the middle of the night a few weeks ago. Bloody brilliant.
I played one e-mail scammer along for several months.
I even got them to record a song for me.
I had it as my ringtone for a while.
You should have said what's a router?
jamie1521/02/2020 13:31

I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with …I had one of these calls, baited them for around 30 mins to an hour with my dad. People bait them for a living, scambaiting is a joy to watch - love watching people like Kitboga and Jim Browning

I learnt some language off Joescambait and soon get rid.
louiselouise21/02/2020 14:37

From an old b3ta thread about trolls …From an old b3ta thread about trolls https://b3ta.com/questions/trolls/[Image]

OMG! b3ta.com!
That takes me back.
chimp14uk21/02/2020 22:04

OMG! b3ta.com!That takes me back.

I remember when it was on Yahoo! Groups years ago. Still read the board every now and then.

Rob Manuel had a Clickbait Robot Generator on Twitter which I'd happily spend hours on, but I couldn't post the funniest one as it's very offensive (Sadly, he switched the interactive side off, maybe too many idiots like me trying to overstep the line of decency).
Edited by: "louiselouise" 21st Feb
39957663-0MoNY.jpg
If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article.

Everyone know that people who phone you up from a scam call centre based in India have names like: Martin, Alan, Colin, or Brian (yes, even the girls).
fablanta22/02/2020 01:14

If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article. Everyone …If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article. Everyone know that people who phone you up from a scam call centre based in India have names like: Martin, Alan, Colin, or Brian (yes, even the girls).

Good point Adam, Alex, Paul, John, Michael, etc. Most of the time these people lie and say they are from the West, even with that accent!
jamie1522/02/2020 12:43

Good point Adam, Alex, Paul, John, Michael, etc. Most of the time …Good point Adam, Alex, Paul, John, Michael, etc. Most of the time these people lie and say they are from the West, even with that accent!

It is possible some of them are genuine. There are nearly 30 million christians in India, almost half of UKs population.
tempt22/02/2020 14:23

It is possible some of them are genuine. There are nearly 30 million …It is possible some of them are genuine. There are nearly 30 million christians in India, almost half of UKs population.

No they aren't because they wouldn't use their real name since they are scammers.
Edited by: "jamie15" 22nd Feb
deleted2281559
Pay your bills on time and won’t have any issues.
fablanta22/02/2020 01:14

If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article. Everyone …If his name was Rajinder, he was probably the genuine article. Everyone know that people who phone you up from a scam call centre based in India have names like: Martin, Alan, Colin, or Brian (yes, even the girls).

Shhhh
deleted228155911/03/2020 08:24

Pay your bills on time and won’t have any issues.

Makes no difference given that most people will pay by DD. They still ring. I had one saying I was with one provider and then the next day I was with another! Yet neither of them knew my name
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants