Found 8th Jul
Hey I have a HP G4 250 i5 laptop 4gb ram, was looking to upgrade the ram. Any recommendations?
Crucial is quite expensive

1. Ask
  2. RAM
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. RAM
7 Comments

It is crucial to get a good quality RAM.
Just upgraded my Mac from 4GB to 12GB and crucially the main concern was the quality.
I went for Crucial RAM.

uk.crucial.com/gbr…ner I run the crucial software to find out what type of ram is needed then use that information to search for the best upgrade for the best price,hope it helps.

At the moment I'd go for whichever is cheapest.

Original Poster

Crucial is about £32 for 4gb and £60 ish for 8gb of ram. I'm finding my self using like 90% of my 4 gb ram but £60 seems a lot for 8gb

Cheap is good, I normally buy used RAM from eBay or Cex. Try buying Hynix or Samsung if you can (my personal preference). I would never buy Crucial RAM (unnecessary expensive).

Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 8th Jul

Any reason you are upgrading the RAM? 4 gig ram is plenty for general task and because this is a budget laptop, it wont make much a different in gaming or other heavy tasks

Original Poster

sion22

Any reason you are upgrading the RAM? 4 gig ram is plenty for general … Any reason you are upgrading the RAM? 4 gig ram is plenty for general task and because this is a budget laptop, it wont make much a different in gaming or other heavy tasks

Yeah I just play browsers games with lots of tabs I don't need a graphics card etc, my cpu seems fine and have a SSD but my ram is always being 90% used? So I need more ram to lagg less?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition73821
    2. Win free gin for a year99
    3. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines65
    4. Magazine competitions - Issue 43 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk33

See more discussions