Ram and PSU Ryzen Choice

What have you guys gone with?
Especially RAM and PSU as I could use some inspiration as I have already got the B350 Tomohawk just need PSU and RAM

6 Comments

Depends what it's for but the r5 rangelooks best price performance

And ryzen also benefits from faster ram mhz

Samsung B-Die is the best compatibility if you want to achieve 3200+, though depending on your board you'll have luck with other brands.

Corsair LPX, G.Skill TridentZ are amongst the best options (I've got LPX running 3300mhz on mine). Don't rely on info here though, there's not enough of it. Go register with the OCUK forum and find a thread for your choice of motherboard, you'll get much better info - just shop around, OCUK RAM prices are sky high.

forums.overclockers.co.uk/for….2/

PSU wise, it doesn't matter. Any good quality Gold rated PSU of 500w or more will be fine. I personally use a EVGA modular, but just pick the cheapest model that has the features you need, Ryzen specifically isn't fussy.

Edited by: "The_Hoff" 10th Apr

Original Poster

The_Hoff

Samsung B-Die is the best compatibility if you want to achieve 3200+, … Samsung B-Die is the best compatibility if you want to achieve 3200+, though depending on your board you'll have luck with other brands.Corsair LPX, G.Skill TridentZ are amongst the best options (I've got LPX running 3300mhz on mine). Don't rely on info here though, there's not enough of it. Go register with the OCUK forum and find a thread for your choice of motherboard, you'll get much better info - just shop around, OCUK RAM prices are sky high.https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/motherboards.2/PSU wise, it doesn't matter. Any good quality Gold rated PSU of 500w or more will be fine. I personally use a EVGA modular, but just pick the cheapest model that has the features you need, Ryzen specifically isn't fussy.

Thanks for reply will do. ​What MOBO choice did you get and why. I'm having trouble picking. Think might go for the Tomohawk Arctic

Original Poster

The_Hoff

Samsung B-Die is the best compatibility if you want to achieve 3200+, … Samsung B-Die is the best compatibility if you want to achieve 3200+, though depending on your board you'll have luck with other brands.Corsair LPX, G.Skill TridentZ are amongst the best options (I've got LPX running 3300mhz on mine). Don't rely on info here though, there's not enough of it. Go register with the OCUK forum and find a thread for your choice of motherboard, you'll get much better info - just shop around, OCUK RAM prices are sky high.https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/forums/motherboards.2/PSU wise, it doesn't matter. Any good quality Gold rated PSU of 500w or more will be fine. I personally use a EVGA modular, but just pick the cheapest model that has the features you need, Ryzen specifically isn't fussy.

​Also awesome thanks for link I was going to a similar site that wasn't as good that was overclock3d.net thinking it was the site they recommended.

Now you provided the actual link it's a great help

GasGaGlide

Thanks for reply will do. ​What MOBO choice did you get and why. I'm h … Thanks for reply will do. ​What MOBO choice did you get and why. I'm having trouble picking. Think might go for the Tomohawk Arctic

Asus Crosshair 6 Hero
Ryzen 1700
Corsair LPX 3200 16GB (can't recall prod# but can grab it)

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Iptv810
    2. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy33
    3. Random messages from a Mod called CUZZY33
    4. Where has the Freebies section gone ?23

See more discussions