Expired

RAM for DELL Dimension 5100 wanted

Found 14th Oct 2007
Hi

We need to upgrade the RAM on our Dimension 5100. Has anyone seen any suitable???

Curently got 4 X 250Mb's (1Gb), need to go to 2GB's (or if it's REALLY cheap 4Gb's!!!:-D ).

We're a bit technically challenged, but I'm guessing that it's fairly straightforward (?), unplug the old and push in the new?

Anything out there?

Cheers all.

1. Ask
  2. Dell
  3. RAM
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Dell
  3. RAM
8 Comments

I bought some off ebay for my dimension 8300 from the States and it worked fine, just had to make sure it was low density.Pretty cheap really to improve your pc.Have a look at this
New 1GB RAM for Dell Dimension 3100,4700,4700C,5100
Also for 5100C,5150,5150C,E310,E510,8400 Item number: 220159378450

And with reply to removing old ram yes straight forward just unclip the two end catches and replace with new just check to make sure they are the right way round ;-)

Original Poster

Thanks - any idea of cost???

Quids

Thanks - any idea of cost???

crucial.com/uk/…100

2GB kit (1GB x 2) is £40 here plus quidco, would give you 2.5GB

Or 2 kits for £80 (4GB) and take out your old

Original Poster

Many thanks - looks like a good deal.:)

If you using xp I would just buy a 1Gb and replace a 256mb (slot 1) giving 1792mb which will be plenty of ram as you only have a single core processor and
dedicated graphics.

Do I have to install matching pairs?

A: Yes.

Your system requires that you install memory in pairs.

so make sure you have the same, or else it wont work

Smello

Do I have to install matching pairs?A: Yes.Your system requires that you … Do I have to install matching pairs?A: Yes.Your system requires that you install memory in pairs.so make sure you have the same, or else it wont work

Good shout:thumbsup:

However I have upgraded before with single units when it has requested pairs and not had a problem.

So best to stick with a pair just in case.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.2737
    2. Tablet recommendation ror 5yr old- ideally with a stylus11
    3. Bean to cup machine11
    4. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…818

See more discussions