Groups

ram for fujitsu scaleo p help

Banned
    looking to put 4gb of ram in there just for comfort haha , which ram do i need to buy? is it ddr or ddr2? thanks

26 Comments

Sorry ignore that

It should be DDR2 PC2-5300
    but download cpuid and run to be sure
    cpuid.com/cpu…php

Original Poster Banned

Cheers but it shows up as DDR

Original Poster Banned

And PC3200
    So does anyone know where i can get 2 x 1gb ram for it?

bargainhunter18;4584484

Cheers but it shows up as DDR

bargainhunter18;4584496

And PC3200

theres your answer :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;4584508

theres your answer :thumbsup:

haha , dunno where to get 2 x 1gb though?
    just checked amazon and there £30 for one 1gb? is that expensive? seems it to me:?

ebay prob your best bet for it

i paid £40 4 years ago for 2 x 256mb lol.

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;4584541

i paid £40 4 years ago for 2 x 256mb lol.

corr , just checked seems around £20 for it maybe bit more. is it worth posting a thread wanting one?

bargainhunter18;4584580

corr , just checked seems around £20 for it maybe bit more. is it worth … corr , just checked seems around £20 for it maybe bit more. is it worth posting a thread wanting one?

cant hurt :thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;4584651

cant hurt :thumbsup:

will do that then and let you know how i got on :thumbsup: cheers for help rep given

Original Poster Banned

anyone know the limit of the amount of ram i can install?

Original Poster Banned

How can i find out the maximum Ram memory i can install on the machine?

When you run Cpuz what does it say the motherboard is,You can search on google and find the manufacturers spec,Yuou cant just put Scaleo p because some have different mobos to other ,Hence the reason some use DDR2 and some use DDR,

Original Poster Banned

It is a P5GD1-FM motherboard and i'm not to sure now i'd need 4gb of ram for windows xp? So i think i'll just try sort out a new processor maybe, kind of after a dual core but haven't really got a clue on how to fit or what to buy..

the manual is here
    fujitsu-siemens.co.uk/rl/…pdf
    But as you say you dont really need moe than 2gb and DDR memory is expensive compared to DDR2,Which processor is fitted ?

Original Poster Banned

It's a Intel Pentium 4 HT inside , and cheers for help btw

No problem,Which P4 as it seems this mobo will only run a P4 but some are faster than others,

Original Poster Banned

What do you mean, which P4?

When you run Cpuz under cpu it will tell you what code name like prescott or northwood and under specification it will tell you how many Ghz

Original Poster Banned

its a prescott mate and a pentium 4 630 ..
    3ghz

I would say thats a decent P4 chip and event though you can get a bit faster you then have to worry about cooling as these chips put out a lot of heat,I think you may be as well leaving as is,:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

ohh thats alright then mate cheers for your honesty etc

My son has a Scaleo P and the most RAM his can take is 3GB. We downloaded the scanner from crucial but it wouldn't tell us what RAM he needed, so we went onto the online chat and the girl there had us sorted out in no time, it was less than £30 for 2 x 1GB and she said if it wasn't the right stuff we could return it with no problem as we had been talking to her before buying.

Original Poster Banned

Oh right fair enough

Original Poster Banned

Im tempting just to replace the 512mb with a gig..
    Will i notice much difference? And would it be worth a tenner
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7181352
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would1222
      3. Spotify Family Premium share719
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710955

See more discussions