RAM help

Hi i am looking to add RAM to my pc but have no idea which is compatible. Below are my current specs running vista 32. I have tried crucial but it does not bring up my motherboard

System Manufacturer: MEDIONPC
System Model: MS-7358
Motherboard Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
Motherboard Model: MS-7358

Maximum Memory Capacity: 4194304 MB
Currently Installed Memory: 2048 MB
Available Memory Slots: 2
Number of Banks: 4
Dual Channel Support: N.A.
CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
CPU Family: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz Model 15, Stepping 11
CPU Speed: 2400 MHz

Looking to add 1gb as any more i have heard is pointless with vista 32.

Thanks in advance for the help.

9 Comments

Banned

Have you tried the Kingston site? They have a similar online system to Crucial.

Download ]this and run it it will tell you what ram you have.

Morning guv.:thumbsup:

:)the motherboard apparentley supports upto 4gb and uses DDR2 PC2-5300 if you google the model number it brings up results to upgrade the memory

Original Poster

I googled it and came up with this.

ebuyer.com/pro…121

So if i buy this and have 3 1gb sticks, should it be ok?

Thanks

Well he has 2gb so 2x1GB sticks. Cheapest I can find. ]Here

You only have 2 free ran slots so only buy 2 ram modules.

Banned

I'm gutted at the prices for DDR2 ram!

In my littleun's PC, Ive just installed Adobe Premier, which is a lttle memory hungry. Needs 2GB minimum to run. (Not entirely true, since Ive got it running OK on 1GB) So looking to upgrade with 2x1GB DDR (only 1 bank of 2 - and max Ram is 2GB) and the cheapest I can find is £60 sobs! OK admittedly, the Ram installed cost over £100 - but even so, there's a premium to be paid for older Ram. Almost makes me think about buying a new MB and DDR2 ram instead!

guv;4637121

I'm gutted at the prices for DDR2 ram!In my littleun's PC, Ive just … I'm gutted at the prices for DDR2 ram!In my littleun's PC, Ive just installed Adobe Premier, which is a lttle memory hungry. Needs 2GB minimum to run. (Not entirely true, since Ive got it running OK on 1GB) So looking to upgrade with 2x1GB DDR (only 1 bank of 2 - and max Ram is 2GB) and the cheapest I can find is £60 sobs! OK admittedly, the Ram installed cost over £100 - but even so, there's a premium to be paid for older Ram. Almost makes me think about buying a new MB and DDR2 ram instead!

£40 ]here

Am guessing your talking desktop still.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD;4637154

£40 ]hereAm guessing your talking desktop still.

Hey - that looks like it fits the bill!

Repped... :thumbsup:

Will read up a bit before placing an order.

guv;4637222

Hey - that looks like it fits the bill!Repped... :thumbsup:Will read up a … Hey - that looks like it fits the bill!Repped... :thumbsup:Will read up a bit before placing an order.

Read up? 7dayshop or to make sure your ordering the right stuff?

If it's 7dayshop there fine I have used them loads of times, but never had to use the customer services.

Wow rep from somebody that has a high point value. My list is full of grey box first timers!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One X pre order £449.99 @ Game (out 9th Nov)2446
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213604
    3. Sad news about Barcelona66
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764039

See more discussions