Groups

RAM help needed

I have a cr***y old computer and I need some new ram, this is what I have already- UMB PC32 and it's 512meg. If anyone can send me some links of where to buy some more, I'd be really grateful. (Also I'm off to bed now so will reply and rep tomorrow.)
    Thanks,
    Sam xxx

11 Comments

are you Jizzm in disguse?

[url]www.ebuyer.com[/url]
    [url]www.overclockers.com[/url]
    [url]www.misco.com[/url]

At first, download some diagnostic soft and check whether you have a free slot for a new ram and if so, what type of ram do you need .Try free programs such as PC Wizard, AIDA32 or Everest home edition - I am sure will help.
    How old is your computer?How much available space do you have on your hard disks?Maybe the Windows just need to be reinstalled?

Original Poster

black gerbil1;2023349

are you Jizzm in … are you Jizzm in disguse?[url]www.ebuyer.com[/url][url]www.overclockers.com[/url][url]www.misco.com[/url]

Nope, have been on here for a while, I've just changed my avatar!! :roll:

Original Poster

7777777;2023526

At first, download some diagnostic soft and check whether you have a free … At first, download some diagnostic soft and check whether you have a free slot for a new ram and if so, what type of ram do you need .Try free programs such as PC Wizard, AIDA32 or Everest home edition - I am sure will help.How old is your computer?How much available space do you have on your hard disks?Maybe the Windows just need to be reinstalled?

Hiya,
    I'm not quite sure how old my computer is, I bought it about 4 years ago I think, (I can't remember!!) but it was one of those that was knocked down in price so it's probably a lot older.

I did a scan using the link above and it says I have 512mb memory (like I said) and that I have one slot free. and this is the rest of the info-

Maximum Memory Capacity: 2048MB
    Currently Installed Memory: 512MB
    Available Memory Slots: 1
    Number of Banks: 2
    Dual Channel Support: No
    CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
    CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3.06GHz Model 4, Stepping 9
    CPU Speed: 3066 MHz

Each memory slot can hold DDR PC3200 with a maximum of 1GB per slot.*

*Not to exceed manufacturer supported memory.

Original Poster

*Bumpety Bump Bump*

Original Poster

dxx;2026016

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/3317197/PNY-PC3200-1GB-400MHz-DDR-184pin-DIMM-Computer-Memory/Product.htmlBuy that one.

Will it fit my computer?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-robo-ram.jpg

sorry

Original Poster

pmsl:roll:

midjet666;2026054

Will it fit my computer?

Yes.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424214487
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553777
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047090
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826351

See more discussions