Expired

Ram Installation Issues

Found 21st Jun 2013
hi,

im trying to install some xms3 crosair 2x 4gb ram from the deal recently into my desktop but after installing acer boot screen hangs and windows does not load tried removing cmos battery and inserting it back again to reset bios

acer aspire m3910

h57h am2 v2.0 motherboard

i3 550

300w psu

windows 7 64 bit

any help on this would be appreciated
Community Updates
AskRAMAcer Aspire
6 Comments
Try putting one stick in at once in the slot closest to the CPU and see how the PC behaves on power up. I'm suggesting this as one of the sticks could be faulty.
Edited by: "devilsadv0cate" 21st Jun 2013
devilsadv0cate

Try putting one stick in at once in the slot closest to the CPU and see … Try putting one stick in at once in the slot closest to the CPU and see how the PC behaves on power up. I'm suggesting this as one of the sticks could be faulty.

thanks for the reply i will try that later there is 2 blue slots and 2 black slots as in blue, black, blue, black. think the black is closest to cpu then blue then black then blue running left to right with the case on its side and the side cover off, original ram was 3 gb and both were in the blue slots tried all the different combinations with and without the original ram still nothing
What happens when you just put the original ram back in?

Max for your mono is

4 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots – Dual Channel DDR3 1333/ 1066MHz non-ECC, u … 4 * 240-pin DDR3 DIMM slots – Dual Channel DDR3 1333/ 1066MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memory (Max 16GB)

Wasn't the ram in question CORSAIR 8GB DDR3 1600?

So 1600 ram in a 1333 slot.
Dual-channel 1333 MHz DDR3 SDRAM support:
Up to 2 GB per memory module
◾Upgrade option with 4 unbuffered DIMM slots

Acer Aspire M3910 Desktop Series Specifications

panam.acer.com/ace…tml
Doesn't support 4gb oh well. thanks everyone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants